Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a lot of fun. Definitely puts a smile on my face. i feel like I need a sticker on the back though: “SELF DRIVING CAR IN TRAINING. PLEASE BE PATIENT “ or something. Any suggestions where to acquire?

How do we report FSD issues on legacy S/X?
There should be a dedicated button as the left-most button of the top-right area of the screen, but there's been reports of new additions to FSD Beta with 10.69.3.1 do not have the button.

legacy snapshot button.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02
I pestered in the past "off topic" discussions in this thread about FSD beta use/permeance/questions/etc. as it was painful to watch continuing to remain banished in SS hell. I would like to remind all again to be respectful to actual topic of this thread and to those still waiting for FSD beta - please, if it's not related to how to get FSD, do not post it here.

Thank you

After 4 cancelled/rescheduled camera upgrade appointments, and 1 installation gone wrong (wrong part numbers & refusal to listen to this forum) I decided to take it upon myself to install the inline camera I purchased off eBay. Mind you my app was showing cameras are not fsd compatible…. Until I changed the 3 inline cameras (very easy install), recalibrated the cameras in service (took 50 miles), and change the wheels to a full reboot of the vehicle. Very next day, the notification stating I need camera upgrade in my app was gone… Now I began logging 100 miles from the notification being gone, and 2 days later I got 2022.20.19….. I couldn’t believe it. Drove FSD today, and feel like I purchased a new vehicle. FSD visuals even when I’m not using it, wow. Simply put, it was worth waiting 6 years. As for fsd, it does one impressive job around town and construction (10.69.2.4).

For those that are impatient with service, buy the part numbers listed on first page if you have 2022.20.9 or similar and install them yourselves, and recalibrate your cameras and reset your car. Wait a Day or two and keep logging miles.

FSD beta is worth this crazy long wait!

Ok, could this really be happening?

To be clear, someone told me recently, “don’t update your software until you get the fsd invite.”

Is that what I just got? Is this FSDb finally?! I have my camera update for 10 months now. There’s no real “invite” just a software update available 2022.36.20??

I don’t want to make a mistake.

Ps: Also, weirdly my mcu (I think) glitched this morning and locked up and ran the climate all day and ran the battery to zero miles. I’ve never even come close to that before! Now I’m plugged in for a half hour and still at zero miles. Worried about committing to a software update in this state. HELP!!

Attachments

• 84C71F0B-2A3C-454E-B9C4-AFC242AEB103.png
    84C71F0B-2A3C-454E-B9C4-AFC242AEB103.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 35
That IS the FSD invite. At least, when I got in after a 3-month wait in June, there was no other notification. Back then I did not know the version that had FSD, so only when I got into the car after the download plus install did I see the notes page which started with a big read steering wheel and told me the rules of the game.

You've got it.
FIRST--in your situation I'd get a good amount of charge on the battery before doing anything else.
Then:
Download it. ( with the charger attached)
Install it. (with the charger attached)
Read the notes when you get in the car.
Go the autopilot part of your car's menu and configure it (including turning it FSDb on).

Good luck!

Last edited:
good idea. I thought about putting a sticker on my MX. "HOSTAGE IN RUN-AWAY CAR. PLEASE CALL EMERGENCY NUMBER 1-800-GET-ELON"

• Funny
Reactions: Dave EV and Dewg
That IS the FSD invite. At least, when I got in after a 3-month wait in June, there was no other notification. Back then I did not know the version that had FSD, so only when I got into the car after the download plus install did I see the notes page which started with a big read steering wheel and told me the rules of the game.

You've got it.
FIRST--in your situation I'd get a good amount of charge on the battery before doing anything else.
Then:
Download it. ( with the charger attached)
Install it. (with the charger attached)
Read the notes when you get in the car.
Go the autopilot part of your car's menu and configure it (including turning it FSDb on).

Good luck!
Thanks for the confirmation! I have it installed and it drove me to work without intervention today!! Awesome!

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02