Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What makes you think that?
Just a swag. It feels just like what we went through with the camera upgrade - that is, all other cars getting upgrades except ours. Plus being offered 2024.2.7 which takes us out of the beta software path, clearly an intentional move for unstated reasons.

I've asked Elon, asked 2 influencers to ask him (they declined), asked support, and my sales rep. Just silence so far. Doesn't have to be me - ANY 2016/2017 CAR testing v12 would make me happy. There are none.

Just a bad feeling from the CEO who is unethical and untruthful. Honestly I hope I'm wrong. Maybe like the camera upgrade SNAFU, it's a surprise to Tesla as well and they are working on it. But I doubt it.

I'm not missing it. (Every version now has FSDb.) While it has FSDb in it, it is not the version that the "testers" are on. (People on it currently have no path to get FSDb v12.3.)

Tesla is holding the actual testers back on 2023.44.30.x so that they can receive FSDb v12.x once it is released.
I don’t know that you are catching that some of us on this thread ARE the “early” FSD beta testers, but have legacy model X’s, and have been moved from the 2023 branch, where we were in line for V12, to the 2024 line. We are all too well understanding we are no longer in line. I consider my 2017 model X an “actual tester.” I got the FSD beta release in the very first wave based on safety score back in 2021.

My memory from the time when the software structure was simpler is that 14% of Teslafi users were on the advanced track for FSD Beta, consistent with one of the numbers stated above. I would expect the number has grown, as Teslafi now reports even HW4 cars with FSD 12.3.

With the 'bestest' offer to date, I decided to pull the plug and bought an inventory MYLR in February and had them transfer both FSD and unlimited SuC from my unicorn 2016 MS. I figured if I did that MAYBE, as one of the earliest adopters (Dec 13, 2016), I might see my original investment on FSD finally 'happen' on THIS car before it got too old as well. :)

It all went well (both transfers) but unfortunately the new MYLR came with 2024.2.100 while my MS was on 2023.40.30.X. So, it looks like I can't get v12.3 because my firmware is too new :-(

I pulled WIFI off my car to freeze it where its at. Was wondering if anyone got the new v12 beta after being on a 2024 release?

Reactions: Thp3
Was wondering if anyone got the new v12 beta after being on a 2024 release?
Teslafi clearly shows FSD12 only on 2023.* versions.

Back when it took some time and mystery to get FSD Beta, I know that there were a number of people who traded in a FSD Beta car, purchased FSD on their new car, only to get in line to wait to get FSD Beta again. So while there is a program to transfer FSD, I don’t expect that it transfers any FSD beta testing status.
IMG_7617.jpeg

Teslafi clearly shows FSD12 only on 2023.* versions.

Back when it took some time and mystery to get FSD Beta, I know that there were a number of people who traded in a FSD Beta car, purchased FSD on their new car, only to get in line to wait to get FSD Beta again. So while there is a program to transfer FSD, I don’t expect that it transfers any FSD beta testing status.
View attachment 1030102
Yeah. But not what I was hoping to hear :-(

Non-interior camera cars will never get V12. It is at end-of-life and will be stuck on v11 forever.
I too was active on this thread when it started eons ago. Like you, I was very frustrated with all of the delays and uncertainty, the upgraded cameras, the MCU 1 frustration etc. etc. And I appreciated that you made a lot of noise that perhaps sped up our eventual access to FSD Beta.

But this statement of yours is just nonsense. You have zero basis for making such a statement.

Teslafi is a VERY biased sample of the Tesla user base. It's not clear that you can assume ANYTHING based on their numbers.
Biased in what way? Preferential distribution of builds? I don't think so. They may be biased in some ways but as far as this topic they seem to be a pretty fair representation of builds distribution. Do you think subscribers to Teslafi get updates quicker than the general population? Don't think there's any evidence of that.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Biased in what way? Preferential distribution of builds? I don't think so. They may be biased in some ways but as far as this topic they seem to be a pretty fair representation of builds distribution. Do you think subscribers to Teslafi get updates quicker than the general population? Don't think there's any evidence of that.
It's a self selected non-random sample. I have no idea of the nature of the bias. That's a fools errand.

Moderators: is there no requirement to stay on topic here any more???