Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought just such a thing...

https://www.zazzle.com/fsd_beta_bumper_magnet-256044009381480142

...And I now feel less like a jerk when FSD Beta does something stupid or is slow to react (but honestly, I still kinda feel like a jerk at times :) )
I’ve though about getting something like that. The problem is I’d forget to put it out when I’m using FSD and forget to take it in when I’m not. I guess having it on when I’m driving might make people more patient with me though…

I previously posted some disappointment with 10.11.2 but I honestly think it has gotten better with time. I don't know if that is even possible from a software standpoint or if I am just getting more used to this version's quirks.
I’ve noticed the same thing. I’m not sure if it’s realted to mapping data, if the neural net is actually learning or if it’s from something else but 11.2 definitely seems to have a bit of a learning curve. I‘ve seen others report the same think, too.

I previously posted some disappointment with 10.11.2 but I honestly think it has gotten better with time. I don't know if that is even possible from a software standpoint or if I am just getting more used to this version's quirks.
Yeah, I just leave mine on all the time.
I'd be afraid the person behind me would hit me first then notice the magnetic warning notice. Do they have one with a blinking option:)

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Has anyone else had any luck with FSD handling stoplights that are blinking red? These should be treated like a 4 way stop but FSD seems totally confused and just sits there waiting. It’s like it can’t tell the difference between a blinking red light and a solid red one.
I have an intersection close to home that has BOTH a blinking red light and an all-way stop sign. FSD navigates it w/o problems, just like a regular all-way stop. It does show the blinking red light in the visualization. To clarify, it is not a regular traffic light (3 LED bulbs) that blinks red in case of malfunction, but a single red blinking light, just like the single yellow ones you see some places as "Warning"

Out of curiosity, what does the screen visualization show? Solid red or blinking?
I have an intersection close to home that has BOTH a blinking red light and an all-way stop sign. FSD navigates it w/o problems, just like a regular all-way stop. It does show the blinking red light in the visualization. To clarify, it is not a regular traffic light (3 LED bulbs) that blinks red in case of malfunction, but a single red blinking light, just like the single yellow ones you see some places as "Warning"
I didn't look at the visualization; I'll try to remember to check it next time - assuming I don't have someone honking at me.

@Sandor - I wonder if the single light is the difference and it's not viewing it as a traffic light because there's only one light?

Many turn lanes are set up so they have a green arrow when you have the right of way and a flashing yellow arrow indicating you can yield. FSD won't proceed with these, either. On the other hand, a lot of the on ramps have metering lights for rush hour that flash yellow at other times and FSD no longer has issues with them.

Has anyone else had any luck with FSD handling stoplights that are blinking red? These should be treated like a 4 way stop but FSD seems totally confused and just sits there waiting. It’s like it can’t tell the difference between a blinking red light and a solid red one.
I have the same problem. In my scenario I'm exiting the highway and at the end of the exit ramp there is a blinking red light where you only turn left. 99% of the time it just sits and waits until I use the accelerator. A couple of times without anyone behind me I've literally waited 6o seconds without FSD doing anything.

I didn't look at the visualization; I'll try to remember to check it next time - assuming I don't have someone honking at me.

@Sandor - I wonder if the single light is the difference and it's not viewing it as a traffic light because there's only one light?

Many turn lanes are set up so they have a green arrow when you have the right of way and a flashing yellow arrow indicating you can yield. FSD won't proceed with these, either. On the other hand, a lot of the on ramps have metering lights for rush hour that flash yellow at other times and FSD no longer has issues with them.
My torture test route include two sets of lights with flashing yellow left turns, I've found that it has started to respond to those flashing yellow/yield arrows, especially when coming off a red light or it arrives at an already flashing yellow.
If the transition is green arrow to flashing yellow it freezes
So most of the time it works well.
At least in my area anyway...