Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t see any installs on either TeslaFi or TeslaScope so it doesn’t appear to be a wide roll out no matter what it is. perhaps a corporate/employee test vehicle?
This is a typical FSD Beta or inner version behaviour that does not appear on TeslaFi or TeslaScope
But however, this version is only three numbers: 2022.12.22, while an FSD beta has four in most case: 2022.4.5.25 etc

This is a typical FSD Beta or inner version behaviour that does not appear on TeslaFi or TeslaScope
But however, this version is only three numbers: 2022.12.22, while an FSD beta has four in most case: 2022.4.5.25 etc
I don't think that means it's not the beta. In software development the often select a branch to base their work off of. In previous they selected the 2022.4.5 branch for whatever reason, but it's not out of the question for them to work off the 2022.12 base branch. The versioning would also allow several updates to the 2022.12 branch and yet allow new people to join the beta without downgrading.

For example. Beta 10.11.2 was on the version 2022.4.5.21 while mainline was on 2022.4.5.18. It was late in 2022.4.5's life cycle which left nearly 0 room for adding new testers. If you look at another version like 10.8.1 that lots of new people received, it was several versions ahead of mainline.

Tl;dr if this is in fact 10.12, it was released in such a way that new testers are likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I don't think that means it's not the beta. In software development the often select a branch to base their work off of. In previous they selected the 2022.4.5 branch for whatever reason, but it's not out of the question for them to work off the 2022.12 base branch. The versioning would also allow several updates to the 2022.12 branch and yet allow new people to join the beta without downgrading.

For example. Beta 10.11.2 was on the version 2022.4.5.21 while mainline was on 2022.4.5.18. It was late in 2022.4.5's life cycle which left nearly 0 room for adding new testers. If you look at another version like 10.8.1 that lots of new people received, it was several versions ahead of mainline.

Tl;dr if this is in fact 10.12, it was released in such a way that new testers are likely.

Some model S is waiting for WiFi, which means should not very possible to be beta

Yeah but still be possible since it is definitely not a public version for push to only one vehicle

Here it comes... Over 100 cars downloading now.

View attachment 780787

FSD beta download by LTE in major case, it will not need to wait for WiFi

Yeah but still be possible since it is definitely not a public version for push to only one vehicle
That's not true, look at this post. Usually it waits for Wi-Fi at first. Not only that but FSD deployments always start with a few company vehicles then wider releases to everyone else.

No mainline updates go out to just one car.

That's not true, look at this post. Usually it waits for Wi-Fi at first...
Sorry but this is incorrect. As someone who lives in a high-rise and doesn't have WiFi, I know. Beta downloads straight to cell if not on WiFi. Regular updates, Map Data and Games require you to connect to WiFi but not Beta.

Also here is what a pending download looks like if you need to connect to WiFi.

IMG_0803 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and israndy
In the past there were a couple of employee cars on Teslafi / Teslascope. So, we used to see new releases before they went out to public. But that stopped a release or two back.
Intellectually inclined this is not beta, emotionally inclined to be

If Musk releases the beta version in this approximately normal way, does it mean that he believes that the fsd beta has been able to enter the mainline to a certain extent? rather than a niche beta

We all know that if 10.12 really makes a noticeable improvement in single stack and left turns, we'll expect users with 98 points or even 95 points to be added to it

With these issues fixed, the fsd beta can and should be have a solid step towards an official release

Sorry but this is incorrect. As someone who lives in a high-rise and doesn't have WiFi, I know. Beta downloads straight to cell if not on WiFi. Regular updates, Map Data and Games require you to connect to WiFi but not Beta.

Also here is what a pending download looks like if you need to connect to WiFi.

View attachment 797780
Can you explain the screenshot in the post I linked? It shows an FSD version with several cars "waiting for Wi-Fi"

Can you explain the screenshot in the post I linked? It shows an FSD version with several cars "waiting for Wi-Fi"
I've had both situations, where it seemed to wait until I got home before downloading - maybe its just that I didn't try installing it.
I'm guessing in that case TeslaFi presents it as waiting for wifi
But I've definitely been on LTE and received the notification that a new version is available - and also downloaded the new version, all while being nowhere near wifi.
Also worth noting that TeslaFi isn't Tesla, so what they present on the page is their own interpretation.

[edit]
just thought, I wonder if its cars that have premium connectivity? Mine is one of the early ones so its built in.

I don't have beta yet, but I do have premium connectivity, and my car has always refused to download updates over LTE (but it will show the notification that one is available, while I'm out and about on LTE).
All of my FSD BETA downloads were over LTE. There was only a Install firmware option on the phone. The Map update and prior to FSD were all WiFi downloads with LTE notification only.

I've had both situations, where it seemed to wait until I got home before downloading - maybe its just that I didn't try installing it.
I'm guessing in that case TeslaFi presents it as waiting for wifi
But I've definitely been on LTE and received the notification that a new version is available - and also downloaded the new version, all while being nowhere near wifi.
Also worth noting that TeslaFi isn't Tesla, so what they present on the page is their own interpretation.

[edit]
just thought, I wonder if its cars that have premium connectivity? Mine is one of the early ones so its built in.
The Beta won't download while you are driving. Download Arrow will go from Green to Yellow. I think the data link is needed or reserved for the system. All you need to do is park and the Beta will start downloading. If you start to drive the download will stop again. It is the same for Premium or not having Premium. I think Beta is considered a priority.

Also IMO Premium connectivity should grant access to all downloads over LTE. I pay for it but must hotspot to download Game or Map data updates.

EDIT: Because of the lower Beta user numbers the cost of LTE downloads are kinda small. As (or if :oops:🤣) the program expands Tesla could change its mind and only offer over WiFi. Never know with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier