Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All companies have problematic IT departments. For one thing most engineers prefer to work on products than in IT - so usually the better engineers work on products. Also, IT departments are chronically underfunded since they are a "cost center".

ps : The nav waypoints may be related to how much Tesla may have to pay TomTom or whoever they are using. My speculation is that adding waypoints costs them more in licensing.
As an IT guy, while IT support can be a cost center, doing R&D on software / hardware for a product is something that can be moved from the expense accounts to a capital account - meaning it actually is not booked as an expense.
BUT I also agree with your comments on waypoints. I have previously used voice commands that would let me add a waypoint something like 'Navigate to a Jersey Mikes along my route' to add a waypoint for a stop on a long trip. I am really missing this feature. As a side note, I love Jersey Mikes #13.

Reactions: tmoz and Phlier
As an IT guy, while IT support can be a cost center, doing R&D on software / hardware for a product is something that can be moved from the expense accounts to a capital account - meaning it actually is not booked as an expense.
I should say my comment was for Tech companies - where software engineers can either work in IT or on software products. Infact people switch between the two often.

In these companies all R&D expenses are never capitalized. They just treat them as normal expenses - though there may be some companies that capitalize R&D (I guess mostly companies without any sales).

Where does it show the 98% complete? After watching the video decided to give it a try. The video said 9-10 miles. I drove 17 miles with the blue circle going around the auto steer (I believe). Then decided to hit the freeway and after 21 miles the blue circle finished and I could then use AP (but I think I may have need to put in PARK but not sure. Anyway, I never saw the 98% you are talking about also which was shown in the video in a M3. I have 2017 MS.

ALSO: Not sure it helped my car but have not tested very much after.
The 98% was in light grey under the Full Beta Switch in Autopilot. The blue circle indeed did finish and allow freeway autopilot, but the Full Beta switch was not available until the 98% got to 100%.

Hopefully nothing serious?
Serious? No. Annoying? Yes. I got weird lines in my roof, looks like they’re inside the glass. Passenger side sideview mirror didn’t have a clear coat or something strange in a 4x4” spot, driver seat makes obnoxious creaking anytime you lean your back against it or on turns when your body shifts, A pillar speaker grille is dented from factory, and some annoying rattle coming from the back

Oh and the driver sideview mirror shakes while driving

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
Serious? No. Annoying? Yes. I got weird lines in my roof, looks like they’re inside the glass. Passenger side sideview mirror didn’t have a clear coat or something strange in a 4x4” spot, driver seat makes obnoxious creaking anytime you lean your back against it or on turns when your body shifts, A pillar speaker grille is dented from factory, and some annoying rattle coming from the back

Oh and the driver sideview mirror shakes while driving

Yep, I hear you. It's kind of staggering some of these make it through QC. I recognize every car can have a rattle caused by something installed badly etc etc. But model-wide obvious issues like the driver's side mirror vibrating is unforgivable. I noticed this on my way home from Tesla after picking up the car. Was like, wtf? WTF? WTF? I seriously thought it was so obvious that it had to be just my car that exhibited this problem. After all, these new S cars have been in development for years, so surely they would have, oh I don't know, used their goddamn mirrors when they were testing!?

Honestly. Just... *grumble...*

Speaking of IT issues, the Tesla app connectivity went down Friday for about 9 hours, failing to connect. Elon tweeted something about verbose overload and promised to have it up and back on line soon. At 2130 both my cars finally connected to the iphones. I thought it was just me but there was a report from S. Korea that got Elon's attention.

Jaehwan Cho 조재환

@hohocho

·
9h

I’m experiencing 500 server error to connect my
@tesla
Model 3 on my iOS app in Seoul, S.Korea. Seems like this is a worldwide issue.
@elonmusk

Elon Musk

@elonmusk

·
9h

Checking …

Elon Musk

@elonmusk

Replying to
@elonmusk

@hohocho
and
@Tesla
Should be coming back online now. Looks like we may have accidentally increased verbosity of network traffic. Apologies, we will take measures to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

9:11 PM · Nov 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Yep, I hear you. It's kind of staggering some of these make it through QC. I recognize every car can have a rattle caused by something installed badly etc etc. But model-wide obvious issues like the driver's side mirror vibrating is unforgivable. I noticed this on my way home from Tesla after picking up the car. Was like, wtf? WTF? WTF? I seriously thought it was so obvious that it had to be just my car that exhibited this problem. After all, these new S cars have been in development for years, so surely they would have, oh I don't know, used their goddamn mirrors when they were testing!?

Honestly. Just... *grumble...*
Yea, small things here and there happen. Especially rattles and squeaks that develop with body roll/twist… ESPECIALLY in the cars that are as quiet as these, because most aren’t. Now the shaking mirrors that’s model wide, that’s rather unacceptable for QC.

Very curious about these roof lines and what the solution will be.

8E24FBB2-C8CC-45A2-8A36-6FCE1C77F50D.jpeg
9DDC9DD9-C6FA-4093-A49A-E30A6392BEA2.jpeg
915D8184-5B36-4366-8D36-C77131AAF960.jpeg
C0BA452A-9290-4B4F-9726-F5B2F740F36D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier and WilliamG
Here’s the side view mirror and A pillar grille

View attachment 735214View attachment 735215
Good grief. For that mirror, that's not great... For the "speaker" grille, I think that just pops out. It's not even a speaker, I believe, but an access panel for the airbag or something (don't quote me on this - but no sound comes out of there as I recall). For the roof lines... your guess is as good as mine. It might be cleanable with some chemicals if it's on the outside?

Reactions: Phlier
Good grief. For that mirror, that's not great... For the "speaker" grille, I think that just pops out. It's not even a speaker, I believe, but an access panel for the airbag or something (don't quote me on this - but no sound comes out of there as I recall). For the roof lines... your guess is as good as mine. It might be cleanable with some chemicals if it's on the outside?
The roof lines are super weird, they said they’re going to try to buff it out but then agreed it looks like the lines are inside the layers of glass. Should find out what the plan is by 5pm on Monday.

The guy said that the grille piece isn’t replaceable and usually for that they replace the entire A pillar. No idea what’s under it, didn’t think to ask because I assumed it was a speaker

Update regarding animals: the turkeys are safe, and FSD managed to not only go around them, but also to cross the double yellow at the same time to avoid a permanent narrow spot in the road.

My appointment to get the USB fixed for the 5th time is tomorrow. I highly suspect it is the computer.
Sad day, today I realized that Tesla cannot fix my USB issue. The USB wiring harness and USB brain have both been replaced.

Unfortunately I will not have any access to my dashcam until "Engineering" comes up with a firmware fix. This is one of the only times I can remember being disappointed in my car...I guess the thrill is gone.

The roof lines are super weird, they said they’re going to try to buff it out but then agreed it looks like the lines are inside the layers of glass. Should find out what the plan is by 5pm on Monday.

The guy said that the grille piece isn’t replaceable and usually for that they replace the entire A pillar. No idea what’s under it, didn’t think to ask because I assumed it was a speaker
The mirror is exactly the same on my S2018 II think it's normal.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
Has anybody tried running camera calibration. Per a post from Dirty Tesla, after experiencing bad performance in 10.4, running camera recalibration (on ”Service” screen) seems to improve performance. I did this and after a few drives feel there is a noticeable improvement. Car now seems to handle roundabouts it couldn’t before as well as some more complicated left turns. I haven’t had enough time to seriously test this out in many conditions to definitively say this fixes things. Was interested if anybody else had tried this out.

Here’s the Dirty Tesla video: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=Ov9CyWruoXA&usg=AOvVaw3AQaUl1raL7hfu1kRC4lqV

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX