Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed that my car when I engaged FSD was able to see the pedestrian and stop. However, a pedestrian who started to cross the road and he did not see my car made a left turn as there was a big truck parked right of my car was scared and fell down and was very upset. FSD did an amazing job but the pedestrian was startled. See the dash cam video here.

Yeah I’d blame the truck for that one - illegally parked blocking visibility completely. It looks like the car stopped plenty fast and the pedestrian over reacted.

Reactions: bhakan
I also noticed that my car when I engaged FSD was able to see the pedestrian and stop. However, a pedestrian who started to cross the road and he did not see my car made a left turn as there was a big truck parked right of my car was scared and fell down and was very upset. FSD did an amazing job but the pedestrian was startled. See the dash cam video here.

Sorry, that was hilarious!

If you look the truck was actually parked on the other side of the crosswalk and it appears the pedestrian was jaywalking. If you’re a pedestrian jaywalking and coming out from behind a truck it’s on you to actually look and not just dart straight out. That guy got surprised because he wasn’t paying attention and totally overreacted. I can’t tell how hard the car braked but looks completely appropriate to me.

Really want to see what happened before this. Or at least a google pin of the location. This was a very bad line for the car to take and unnatural, which is (probably) why the pedestrian was upset (though a bit of an overreaction I feel, very hard to tell velocities and such in the video - it’s possible the car was just going too fast and that was an appropriate reaction).
It wouldn’t have made any difference if the car was closer to the median - both the car and the pedestrian were too far back at that point to have any sort of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar and bhakan
Slow down sooner for stop signs?! Mine abruptly goes from 45 down to 10 like 300-400 feet from the stop sign and then drives at like 10 mph toward it from a distance. It’s super bizarre and pisses off anyone behind me so I have to frequently disengage if anyone is behind me.

Fsd needs to be trained how to use regen braking to slow smoothly to a stop at the right distance like an experienced tesla driver can do.

Yep that is weird. I don't why mine likes to accelerate to a stop sign just 150 feet away and then brake harshly.
For me the absolute best T intersections have No Stop signs. FSD drives right up to the edge of the intersection I'm joining, checks for cross traffic and then decides to go or stay immediately. Much quicker and more human like than FSD at similar T intersections with Stop Signs.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
Really want to see what happened before this. Or at least a google pin of the location. This was a very bad line for the car to take and unnatural, which is (probably) why the pedestrian was upset (though a bit of an overreaction I feel, very hard to tell velocities and such in the video - it’s possible the car was just going too fast and that was an appropriate reaction).
My post #3694 has a scr shot of the location. Here is the Google map:

The guy crossed where there was an opening from the building but not an authorized crosswalk. I have also attached the link for a longer dashcam clip here:

Sorry, that was hilarious!

If you look the truck was actually parked on the other side of the crosswalk and it appears the pedestrian was jaywalking. If you’re a pedestrian jaywalking and coming out from behind a truck it’s on you to actually look and not just dart straight out. That guy got surprised because he wasn’t paying attention and totally overreacted. I can’t tell how hard the car braked but looks completely appropriate to me.

It wouldn’t have made any difference if the car was closer to the median - both the car and the pedestrian were too far back at that point to have any sort of view.
Yes. He crossed where he was not supposed to. My car made a smooth left turn and I usually turn down the speed in the scroll wheel as the car tends to take off. So the braking was smooth without much gforce. This was on 69.2.2. with 69.2.3 it seemed like the car does not go faster after the turn and I don't have to turn down the speed the last few days on our narrow streets with cars parked on either side.

Reactions: walnotr
My post #3694 has a scr shot of the location. Here is the Google map:

The guy crossed where there was an opening from the building but not an authorized crosswalk. I have also attached the link for a longer dashcam clip here:

I see. So the car made a wide and incorrectly executed left turn (not maintaining optimal sight lines), which most certainly contributed to this.

Turn to the yellow line! Especially when there are parked vehicles to avoid…

This is what normal drivers typically do unless there are other considerations (other traffic, etc.).

Typically you want to maintain maximum buffer, and maintain sight lines. So the correct positioning varies depending on circumstances. Humans just do this naturally. FSD will likely need to do this to be much safer than humans, in spite of its (theoretically) faster reaction time. Going to be quite interesting for them to develop that intuition.

Over-reaction by pedestrian but I can see it if you are less mobile and have put yourself in a position where you will be hit if the driver does not slow down. Fortunately did not hit his head on the curb.

Last edited:
Had a chance to try 69.2.3 this morning and noticed a few minor improvements on turns, however my two biggest issues still exist.
Phantom stops at some roads/parking lot exits from the right with no vehicles on that section of the road.
Car signals and moves into added lane for right turn ( map route is straight) then signals and moves back left.
Both of these actions are potential accidents and have existed for over a year.

I see. So the car made a wide and incorrectly executed left turn (not maintaining optimal sight lines), which most certainly contributed to this.

This is what normal drivers typically do unless there are other considerations (other traffic, etc.).

Typically you want to maintain maximum buffer, and maintain sight lines. So the correct positioning varies depending on circumstances. Humans just do this naturally. FSD will likely need to do this to be much safer than humans, in spite of its (theoretically) faster reaction time. Going to be quite interesting for them to develop that intuition.

Over-reaction by pedestrian but I can see it if you are less mobile and have put yourself in a position where you will be hit if the driver does not slow down. Fortunately did not hit his head on the curb.
The car does creep forward while turning and them make a turn. So that calculation may have to be fine tuned in FSDb.

Human drivers make a sharp left and quickly adjust to the yellow line especially in this case since there was a truck illegally parked in that corner obstructing the view for the pedestrian.

I was really shaken by the fact that he fell down near the concrete edge on the road and what if he had other underlying conditions? I use that road every time I go to the organic market there and now I am terrified to go that way as my car can be easily identified even tho there was no error on my part as a driver.

I was really shaken by the fact that he fell down near the concrete edge on the road and what if he had other underlying conditions? I use that road every time I go to the organic market there and now I am terrified to go that way as my car can be easily identified even tho there was no error on my part as a driver.
Fortunately he was fine.

Yes, can be embarrassing or dangerous. Anyway that is why I never really try to intervene the instant it does anything wrong. Need to just drive exactly correctly otherwise it gets an intervention. And hopefully reduces this sort of issue.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
do they even care that occluded lanes / geometries are being labeled in the current trip?
Tesla intentionally trains for occluded lanes and other challenging scenarios including lack of lights, foggy and rain:

dark foggy occluded rainy.jpg

It's a little bit like data augmentation but with actually new data that can help the usual cases too by forcing the network to correctly predict not based on the easy stuff like visible curbs but inferring where the curb should be based on where cars are parked, trees, railings, etc. The hope is that if the view is actually clear, those signals will boost the predictions while poor views still have reasonable guesses for superhuman perception.

You might have noticed FSD Beta visualizing pretty confident line predictions especially for oncoming traffic lanes at night, and most of the time they're pretty good. Although with 10.69.2.3 last night, there was a situation where the road was actually 1 lane in each direction with a raised 2-way bicycle track with its own painted lines, but it kept believing there were 4 total road lanes including the cycle track. This resulted in the car incorrectly wanting to switch lanes across the dashed yellow lines (visualized as white lines).

The turn was slightly wide but not that bad, no different than human drivers do all the time. As far as sight lines go, it’s difficult to evaluate from the video but the car wasn’t that far over from the yellow line. Like I said in my last post, given the position of the car, the truck and the pedestrian it wouldn’t have mattered either way.

Like I said in my last post - this is all on the pedestrian. He was jaywalking, coming out from behind a truck where he couldn’t be seen, didn’t proceed with due caution and check to make sure a car wasn’t coming and ended up being surprised when a car ‘just showed up.’ This is exactly why we teach kids to look both ways. I think he just needs to go back to kindergarten.

The turn was slightly wide but not that bad,……. Like I said in my last post, given the position of the car, the truck and the pedestrian it wouldn’t have mattered either way.
Definitely made a difference. And not normal. Would have seen that pedestrian quite a few feet earlier!

Very easy to see from the video.

The pedestrian was not in any danger and had a complete over-reaction.

Still, normal behavior is good.

Another thing you can’t see from the video is the velocity of the vehicle and how that compares with typical speeds on this small street (not over the 25mph limit I don’t think, but not the point given the importance many here clearly put on contextually correct limits and compliance with the basic rule).

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Hard to tell for sure but turns might have an ever so slightly smoother steering when underway with 69.2.3 but turn decision-making is challenged and the crazy initial steering input for turns remains. I loathe being in the left lane with a vehicle creeping toward oncoming traffic and the steering wheel near full lock to the left.

Slow right hand turns are like a box chocolates, you don't know what you're gonna get. Much work needed here. Sometimes it's smooth and slow prior to the apex and then at the apex you are thrown in your seat and toward the door with needlessly excessive acceleration. Other times the vehicle under brakes and carries too much entrance speed into the turn and goes over the center line at the exit of the turn.

For me using FSDb with navigation is a consistent fail for freeway off ramps - it blows right by them.

I experienced a couple of bugs. One bug sitting at a left turn red light where the left turn signal cycled on and off. Shortly thereafter the car accelerated and then maintained a speed well below the set speed/road speed limit and 5 -10 secs later seemed to wake up. Maybe the s/w lost some cognition for a stretch.

I hope they have some good stuff in 69.3.

Last edited:
Away for the weekend with some friends, tried 69.2.3 on Hwy51 from Granbury, TX to chalk mountain area.
It’s always been marginal on this road, fastish 60mph limit and lots of sweeping curves and tight corners. But this release was good enough for my wife not to realize that it was FSDb - that really is a game changer for us :)
It slowed down a little too much for some corners, but was very confident and smooth.
One of the best drives I’ve had with FSDb in a long time.
Of course then we had an unprotected left, clear road 40mph limit and no traffic and it lost its mind.
Oh well :)
But the improvement was noticeable from our last drive.

Blind spots are solved with software, creeping techniques and whatnot. If humans can deal with blind spots, so can fsd, with the right software. There are many instances where I am totally blind in a certain direction, but I can still manage by creeping out slowly, hoping whoever will stop for me, if not, I back in again.

Getting blinded by sunlight or rain: this will be an issue regardless of how many cameras you have.
Try watching the side cameras images displayed in the dark, WHILE the same side blinker is blinking a directional turn.

Definitely made a difference. And not normal. Would have seen that pedestrian quite a few feet earlier!

Very easy to see from the video.

The pedestrian was not in any danger and had a complete over-reaction.

Still, normal behavior is good.

Another thing you can’t see from the video is the velocity of the vehicle and how that compares with typical speeds on this small street (not over the 25mph limit I don’t think, but not the point given the importance many here clearly put on contextually correct limits and compliance with the basic rule).
The car could have stopped and waited for the oncoming car to pass and then made a slightly sharper turn instead of creeping forward and then making a wider turn. It is a 25 mph speed limit road as per the street map. Anyways, I disengaged and sent the snapshot to Tesla as a data point in case they choose to analyze these snapshots.