Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is AI Driver testing the Occupancy Network and it is definitely starting to instill some confidence that it will be able to identify/avoid more potentially dangers objects than it has been able to. Still shows it has a ways to go but still looking soooooo much better.

Would be interesting if someone had a Tesla they didn't mind sustaining some front damage and would put together a standard set of objects/tests they could repeat on every release to see the improvements.

I've never visited this thread, so please excuse me if this has been discussed, but I've been watching these vids from Chuck and it seems like the last piece to get right is the acceleration in the small windows of time to get across the lanes. I thought I remembered Elon saying that these beta settings are set to be conservative, so all that needs to be done to fix Chuck's "not accelerating fast enough" pockets is to make the software more aggressive...

For me using FSDb with navigation is a consistent fail for freeway off ramps - it blows right by them.
This hasn't happened for me, but another poster made a suggestion which might help. If you have NOA active, but auto lane change set to manual, try using your right turn signal to prompt the car to exit the expressway.

If that isn't a solution, I suspect that you are encountering some type of mapping error.

Reactions: kabin
If you can't see anything doesn't mean the car can't see anything
FSD Beta might also intentionally imagine things like these "ghost objects" for planning purposes even if they aren't actually seen or even there. This screenshot shows the initial 2 ghost cars appearing when the further car turns into the parking lot (not just the car turning into the current street) blocking the view of what might be down the street to the left:

ghost occupancy.jpg

This allows the planner to decide to make an unprotected left turn immediately as it believes there isn't any potential or actual cross traffic close enough. Although in this particular scenario, there could have been a vehicle turning out from the garage just across the street that might want its own spawn point.

Has anybody noticed this behavior with 10.69.2.x? Or maybe it's something for 10.69.3 with its improvement of assessing (and predicting ghosts) of fast-moving cross traffic?

This hasn't happened for me, but another poster made a suggestion which might help. If you have NOA active, but auto lane change set to manual, try using your right turn signal to prompt the car to exit the expressway.

If that isn't a solution, I suspect that you are encountering some type of mapping error.

I think NOA was inactive with auto lane change. I'll test it the next time I'm on the freeway. Since changing the option city driving seems to change lanes more. I'll play with it a little more to rule out a possible placebo effect.

downloading.. hopefully lane selection is really betther..
it keeps trying to get into left turn lanes when going straight in quite a few places on last build
and also tells me turn coming up.. turns on blinker and blows by the sucker at one spot.. at least it doesnt slam on the brakes after it blows by it lol.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
downloading.. hopefully lane selection is really betther..
it keeps trying to get into left turn lanes when going straight in quite a few places on last build
and also tells me turn coming up.. turns on blinker and blows by the sucker at one spot.. at least it doesnt slam on the brakes after it blows by it lol.
spoiler alert* it's the same as 10.69.2.2!

Unless you have an additional source on that you haven't posted yet, we don't know for certain whether or not there were meaningful changes to FSD Beta between the versions.
It’s really hard to know - they don‘t publish any specific update info on point releases and the changes in these releases are often (but not always) pretty minor. That combined with the fact that 10.69.2.2 seems to be pretty inconsistent in general makes any difference hard to spot.

Reactions: Ramphex
Mine is way more jerky. Accelerate to about 50' from stop sign, then slam on the breaks - pitch the dog out of the rear seat over the passenger to the dash. As soon ego has slid to a stop, whip wheel to left full stop and accelerate, slide around the corner and fling the dog back over the passenger into the back seat. He's standing back there looking at me like - ARE YOU CRAZY? I can't convince him I was as surprised as him. I couldn't point to an improvement in .3 Any changes seem to be for the worse. Maybe there will be a 4 soon that will roll back a bunch of this? Even PB which got a little better with FSDß, is now back to where it was. 10 to 15 seconds between PBs. On the 2 lane rural highways, it insists on driving on the left side. {Did I get the UK version???} Tried to send captures of a bunch of those.

• Funny
Reactions: myshenaini
Gee, 230? That seems low. Currently I get 340 with FSD on the interstate, and 310 on city streets with an old model X. I assume your 230 is on city streets and maybe using some other things like air conditioning?
Both these were earlier today almost completely on FSD. The second trip involved some local roads, and some highway driving with speeds up to 65 MPH.

1665446687250.jpeg

1665446724449.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Mine is way more jerky. Accelerate to about 50' from stop sign, then slam on the breaks - pitch the dog out of the rear seat over the passenger to the dash. As soon ego has slid to a stop, whip wheel to left full stop and accelerate, slide around the corner and fling the dog back over the passenger into the back seat. He's standing back there looking at me like - ARE YOU CRAZY? I can't convince him I was as surprised as him. I couldn't point to an improvement in .3 Any changes seem to be for the worse. Maybe there will be a 4 soon that will roll back a bunch of this? Even PB which got a little better with FSDß, is now back to where it was. 10 to 15 seconds between PBs. On the 2 lane rural highways, it insists on driving on the left side. {Did I get the UK version???} Tried to send captures of a bunch of those.
You must have gotten the Boston version!