Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the concept of FSD, but do have to admit playing whack-a-mole with all the nags sometimes becomes more work than just driving manually on the streets of flat terrain and rather straight roads in the Tampa Bay Area.

Maybe people that live in mountainous area with curvy roads have a better experience due to the steering wheel always moving and by default applying torque from your resting hand, but that’s not the case here. Or maybe I just need a fatter heavier hand?
I'm with you here. When I go up to Asheville and drive Lucille, FSD is really really nice. Central Florida, I4, Tampa to Crystal River or Tampa south, the nags are out of control. It doesn't take a lot of pressure, but when you get nagged even when both hands are on the yoke? I mean, why?

I'm with you here. When I go up to Asheville and drive Lucille, FSD is really really nice. Central Florida, I4, Tampa to Crystal River or Tampa south, the nags are out of control. It doesn't take a lot of pressure, but when you get nagged even when both hands are on the yoke? I mean, why?
I could be wrong as usual, but to stop the nags by applying pressure, it seems with this release you have to push or turn the wheel/yoke more than previously..

Reactions: Ramphex and Pdubs
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what’s ”fun”.
Actually trolling is fun for the troll. But at the expense of thousands of others. For thousands of others its no fun.

It is up to the mods here to decide what they want more - support thousands of non-trolls or support that one troll.

ps : In case you are wondering I don't consider you or some others who actually use FSD and don't particularly like it, trolls. I'm talking about people who don't use FSD, have no interest in how it actually performs and don't even want us to have FSDb as trolls. You know who they are.

Thats like me going to a PlayStation forum and writing all kinds of nonsense.

I could be wrong as usual, but to stop the nags by applying pressure, it seems with this release you have to push or turn the wheel/yoke more than previously..
See, now I "feel" like it's been the exact opposite. The nags just don't seem as bad, they're still there, but I don't find myself swearing at Lucille and calling her names nearly as much. Went across the Courtney Campbell yesterday and didn't have her scream at me one time. (I tend to do a lot of rubbernecking on that road so maybe I hit the yoke accidentally, lol)

Actually trolling is fun for the troll. But the expense of thousands of others. For thousands of others its no fun.

It is up to the mods here to decide what they want more - support thousands of non-trolls or support that one troll.

ps : In case you are wondering I don't consider you or some others who actually use FSD and don't particularly like it, trolls. I'm talking about people who don't use FSD, have no interest in how it actually performs and don't even want us to have FSDb as trolls. You know who they are.

Thats like me going to a PlayStation forum and writing all kinds of nonsense.
Thanks for clarification, I now understand what you mean.
Like that 2106 guy or whatever his name is.
I agree 💯.
I think with me, @Ramphex and @PACEMD We just like to put some funny into the thread. I don't want to troll or have people think that. So if you do. Dm me and tell me to shut it!

Edit : I would prefer you members to tell those other 2 to shut it fwiw

I just did two drives today for family Thanksgiving. Out and back. It was in the DC area, with a mix of residential/suburban and highway driving, with the outbound leg in late afternoon and the return leg being during the evening. I've been a bit of a detractor of FSD, but today I give the system high marks. There are two reasons for this.

1. I was able to stop hovering. Instead of having my hand on the wheel, constantly ready to take over, I dropped my hands into my lap and reverted to nudging the wheel when I got the flashing blue warning. As soon as I did that, I was a passenger instead of a driver. I just trusted that the car would handle things - and it did, with only one disengagement. That disengagement was entirely manageable. This is not to say that I was acting like it was Level 5. I was watching everything, but I increased my trust level and just accepted that the car would figure stuff out. And it did.

2. There were fewer cars around because of the holiday. A huge chunk of my anxiety in allowing FSD to drive the car is the fact that it is an inconsiderate driver, and it gets itself into trouble that the presence of other drivers means that it just can't extricate itself. The inconsiderate side bothers me greatly, and I'll fiddle with the car to see if I can make the car's behavior a bit more considerate. Roll the wheel for a little extra speed. A bit of goosing the accelerator to move things along. Signal a turn to move to a better lane. And so on. The fact that I didn't have to do any of that meant that I could stop hovering and allow the car to do its thing.

On the outbound leg, the long shadows seemed to be giving FSD a fit because it repeatedly slowed by a few MPH for no apparent reason. Some of it bordered on phantom braking.

At all times, I've learned that if there is no oncoming traffic and no car to follow, cresting a hill will drop the speed considerably. The car doesn't have any information to know what's over the hill, so it slows. On a road where it was doing 40, it slowed to 30 pretty quickly about 50 feet from the crest. Then it reached the crest and continued without any further issues.

FSD loses points for continuing to do stupid things over lane selection. I'm in the right hand lane with a right exit coming up (it's a 55 MPH road but FSD stays engaged) in about a mile. FSD decides that it would be a great idea to move two lanes to the left, then wait until it's about 500 feet from the exit and then move all the way back to the right. It got on the exit because nobody else was around, but it didn't make my turn because I had to exit right off the exit ramp itself. So that required a disengagement.

I saw this reverse logic on lane selection when I got into the beta with 2.3. It's a bug, pure and simple.

For the most part, if few cars are around, I can let FSD do its thing and it'll make the drive more relaxing. It's just that driving in traffic induces extra anxiety for me because I think it's important to be a considerate and safe driver. Phantom slowdowns, drifting to the outside of a lane on a curve, and just not moving forward when expected are all things that can produce accidents - and certainly annoy or scare other drivers. FSD is better than the worst of the DC area drivers because I haven't even come close to somebody hitting me. They're smart enough to know that whoever is driving the car is either anxious, inept, inexperienced or all three.

I may go back to being down on the project once I return to driving in traffic. We'll see.

FSD loses points for continuing to do stupid things over lane selection. I'm in the right hand lane with a right exit coming up (it's a 55 MPH road but FSD stays engaged) in about a mile. FSD decides that it would be a great idea to move two lanes to the left, then wait until it's about 500 feet from the exit and then move all the way back to the right. It got on the exit because nobody else was around, but it didn't make my turn because I had to exit right off the exit ramp itself. So that required a disengagement.

I saw this reverse logic on lane selection when I got into the beta with 2.3. It's a bug, pure and simple.

That new guy doing the language-based lane selection autoregressive NN doesn't seem to be practical minded (more theoretical minded). We haven't really seen any improvement in lane logic lately. Maybe that's why Elon was picking on him during the AI Day 2 talks lol

Reactions: DanCar
That new guy doing the language-based lane selection autoregressive NN doesn't seem to be practical minded (more theoretical minded). We haven't really seen any improvement in lane logic lately. Maybe that's why Elon was picking on him during the AI Day 2 talks lol
I got the same impression about practical vs theoretical. I think he spotted a clever way to fit a problem into a nail that their hammer was designed for, and everyone patted themselves on the back and pronounced it solved. The fact that lane selection is actively working in reverse suggests to me that somebody has something plugged in backwards.

Come to think of it, the language solution might be working, and something else is messed up. After all, my lane changes happen well in advance of the decision point, and then the car tries to sort it out at the last minute. The language solution may be what's kicking in to try to correct everything. Man I'd love to sit in with the engineers...

Reactions: powertoold
I've read some people say that they were able to downgrade from 2022.40.x after subscribing to FSD today but that doesn't sound right.
I wish it were true, but I doubt it. TeslaFi currently lists "previously installed version" for almost 4,000 subscribers' cars with 2022.36.20/10.69.3.1 installed. Of those almost 4,000, exactly zero show a previously installed version with higher than 2022.36.nn version number. There remain over 9,000 subscriber cars with 2022.60.4.1 installed.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1