Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an airline pilot, I totally relate to this. I must know what direction I'm going at all times. North up just makes sense to me; I can't imagine not using it.
I agree but are we talking true in the flesh north? Coriolis was a southpaw, you know.......

As am I, a southpaw, and to make matters worse a southern boy. When things go south I at times don't even know which end is up.......and never the twain shall meet........

Last edited:
I’m the reverse - I know which way I’m going and keep north ‘up’ in my head without a problem but on the map I’d rather have it ‘nose up.’ For me it requires fewer mental/visual manipulation to know which way I’m turning, especially when I’m heading south.
Chin up, I just use the North Star.......

Rum? Cocaine? Unhealthy egos? The captain of the Harpers Ferry surely is "using" something. Not only is he on the wrong side of the channel but he winds up completely out of the channel after the avoidance maneuver. This is what happens when there are no lane lines painted on the water. At least FSD would have stopped until the oncoming vehicle has passed (in the no lane line scenario). But I am fairly certain that their individual headings (direction) had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Well, now that the Cybertruck can cross the oceans we're up sh*t's-creek, without lanes........

Driving that train......
High on cocaine.......
Casey Jones you better........

Challenge accepted.

Although I must admit I'm not looking forward to my first strike, the prize will be worth it.
A key part of the challenge is you can't be trying to get the strike. We're searching high and low for video captures of the spurious strikes which apparently occur without warning, and while using the system correctly! They've never been documented on video, yet apparently occur all the time.

A key part of the challenge is you can't be trying to get the strike. We're searching high and low for video captures of the spurious strikes which apparently occur without warning, and while using the system correctly! They've never been documented on video, yet apparently occur all the time.
Well, it's happened multiple times for me, consistently and constantly on this version of FSDb, I'll relate the story in detail a bit later, no time just now. Never happened before like this without warning, just a sudden red screen out of the blue, as it were, then flashing blue twice for fractions of a second after the red screen, followed by an immediate strike, with no chance at all for corrections, and where I have to stop the car to reset. Driving interstate with NOA but new version of FSDb, 69.3.1, 2022.36.20. Driving exactly the same with NOA as most of my 50k-plus miles of interstate commute. I'm not even close to alone on this. It is indeed a thing. And I'm not a noted FSD complainer, I only paid 6k and have low expectations. I only need/want it to drive me back and forth to work, on the interstate, something it's always done well, until now. Not the only thing that sucks out loud with this update. Later. And video? Sorry but I don't have a mounted cab video. The inherent car videos aren't going to show a thing.

Dude, I had 4 of those today just going up to Hernando from Orlando on the turn pike. Bitch just started screaming at me for no reason. I swiftly reminded her that’s why I left my first wife.

4 strikes for me
Wonder if there was some weird server issue that might’ve caused it. There was no warning or anything prior to the yelling, beeping, and the large grab the yoke and steer manually message…. I wonder if any sort of server transition to v11 could’ve messed with the matrix

Wonder if there was some weird server issue that might’ve caused it. There was no warning or anything prior to the yelling, beeping, and the large grab the yoke and steer manually message…. I wonder if any sort of server transition to v11 could’ve messed with the matrix
Well something, that matrix is seriously altered. Just strikes, without warning, and no known cause from my experience with previous 56k miles of FSD/NOA. I had one strike previously, I've had over 20 since the update. FSDb suspended until the next update. I get on the interstate, drive as I have always with NOA, watch the screen, 8-12 miles and bam, a strike that cannot be corrected. I can still use NOA it just doesn't work. Coming home on Tuesday I had to stop 9 times to reset.

I had one strike previously, I've had over 20 since the update.

Seems like a scenario which would be perfect for a video documentary!

Defeat devices are now defeated so if you had a helper that would explain this (it does not provide any warning either in that case; it just gives the strike, since it doesn’t make sense to ask you to torque the wheel if the helper is doing so already). Anyway it would be unexpected with constant torque applied by hand and keeping eyes on the road.

Reactions: Pdubs
Well something, that matrix is seriously altered. Just strikes, without warning, and no known cause from my experience with previous 56k miles of FSD/NOA. I had one strike previously, I've had over 20 since the update. FSDb suspended until the next update. I get on the interstate, drive as I have always with NOA, watch the screen, 8-12 miles and bam, a strike that cannot be corrected. I can still use NOA it just doesn't work. Coming home on Tuesday I had to stop 9 times to reset.
wonder if it has anything to do with the “single stack”

I kinda think you have something wrong with your cabin camera, like a loose wire or something.

I wish we had access to a live video stream from the cabin camera. Or maybe we do now? I've been kinda out of the loop for the past few months.

Seems like a scenario which would be perfect for a video documentary!

Defeat devices are now defeated so if you had a helper that would explain this (it does not provide any warning either in that case; it just gives the strike, since it doesn’t make sense to ask you to torque the wheel if the helper is doing so already). Anyway it would be unexpected with constant torque applied by hand and keeping eyes on the road.
I don't care if you expect it or not. It does in fact happed. I didn't expect it either.

I don't care if you expect it or not. It does in fact happed. I didn't expect it either.

Just trying to help, and providing info on what we know. My point is that we haven’t seen documented evidence of this type of failure.

To me it sounds like a defeat device is in use, or the torque sensing or camera hardware is defective or in a bad state. (But I would expect some warnings of some form on the screen prior to the strike if it were this, I guess.)

This is what is called “trying to figure out what is wrong.”

And it would certainly be helpful to see what is happening exactly, to that end. Or get a detailed description.

I kinda think you have something wrong with your cabin camera, like a loose wire or something.

I wish we had access to a live video stream from the cabin camera. Or maybe we do now? I've been kinda out of the loop for the past few months.
There is nothing wrong with my cameras, I drove to work 150 miles with NOA functioning as always, updated the software, and driving home was not the same. You can try to dismiss this all you want, but it's not a sudden breakdown of equipment and me not driving correctly. This is precisely why I was hesitant to post this.....It is in fact a thing.

Last edited:
You can try to dismiss this all you want, but it's not a sudden breakdown of equipment and me not driving incorrectly. This is precisely why I was hesitant to post this.....It is in fact a thing.

No one is suggesting the equipment is broken. It could be malfunctioning though.

Or, if you use a helper device and do not torque the wheel manually, this behavior would be exactly what is expected - operating successfully, as designed.

Do you get any warnings (torque or attention)?