Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost no chance of rolling to a later base version. 10.69.1 and .2 should be just bugfixes and minor tweaks.
For me it's interesting. If a wide release is expected for 10.69.2 with new people getting beta then many people won't qualify since they are already on more advanced firmware. Almost no one is on 2022.12 except for us and I feel that not many people are still left on 2022.16 either.

Because 10.13 never hit most of us we are way behind base firmware so I don't think it's totally our of the question that we catch up again. Usually fsd releases sort of fix the discrepancy between between the public firmware and us for a little while.

For me it's interesting. If a wide release is expected for 10.69.2 with new people getting beta then many people won't qualify since they are already on more advanced firmware. Almost no one is on 2022.12 except for us and I feel that not many people are still left on 2022.16 either.

Because 10.13 never hit most of us we are way behind base firmware so I don't think it's totally our of the question that we catch up again. Usually fsd releases sort of fix the discrepancy between between the public firmware and us for a little while.
My Model Y is on 2022.24.5 and my Model S with faux self driving is on 2022.12.3.20

Don't assume completed FSD has to mean driverless. In fact I think most believe driverless except for specific robotaxi services is far away. Your example is when the approach outlined below solves the problem and there will be many other examples like yours.
And one item I missed in the original posting was the phased implementation could start with limited access highways where FSD once the single stack is done FSD would be fairly close to this capability.
Elon has always over promised and exaggerated but even level 3 where one needs to be available but doesn’t necessarily need to be paying attention Would be awesome.

I suspect and hope you’re right about Tesla starting with level 3 on highways. IME, AP already functioned flawlessly on these roads. I recently drove from Fargo down to Minneapolis and the only times I had to intervene we’re when I didn’t like how it was passing, essentially a preference/driving style issue, not on of safety.

Potato… potAto.
I’m looking forward to it but not holding my breath (whatever that means). It comes when it comes. I hope and expect it to be better but still need improvements. That’s just where we are in the development.
What’s the latest on the predicted wide release date?
No one knows. It depends on the bugs they found and how long it takes to fix them. They seemed to combine the internal release with the YouTube release for this versio. So I’m expecting at least 2 weeks between .0 and .1 (if .1 is the wide release)

Reactions: Ramphex
Is this verifiably true, that you have to decline updates to let version # of FSD release catchup to the car's current installed version?

For example, I'm currently still in "Request Queue for Beta" and have not received beta access yet. Currently running 2022.20.8. I've met all criteria (99 Safety Score, 100+ Autosteer Miles, Hardware, FSD at Order Time). So, assuming I'm finally accepted into Beta, the car would not rollback to 2022.16.3.10 [FSD 10.69.1/2]??? Similarly if I accept the 2022.24.5 update that would just further delay me being able to install/activate FSD Beta? If so this needs to be more clearly communicated.
https://www.notateslaapp.com/software-updates/version/2022.16.3.10/release-notes

Any chance we also have an updated version number with this update for 10.69.1? Maybe they'll give us 2022.20 along with the new features in 10.69?

As said above, super low chance.

However, since this .69 seems to have lot of upgrades and is based on old base FW due to being worked on for long time, I'd guess they will make next version faster with marginal changes to FSD and just bringing it to latest FW. I'm hoping 4-8 weeks for that.

Reactions: EV1LBONG