Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2022.44.25.5 FSD on Thursday, 12/22. When driving on a 4 lane divided highway in the right lane with Autopilot turned on, I got a message about every 30 seconds that said “lane change to get out of the right lane”. I had to cancel the lane change at least 8 times until I turned off Autopilot.

Most states have signs that say “use the left lane for passing only”. Tesla needs to fix this.

Another issue is the car will randomly change into the left lane with no cars in front driving slower and the change back into the right lane.

Last edited:
From outside ?
Yeah, from outside! What about that drive looked normal, except when the car was going straight at a steady soeed in a marked lane? Wild random signaling, haphazard lane changes, super wide turns, slow starts, jerky stops, etc.

Just super abnormal and obviously not competent, from the outside.

Can other drivers on the road and pedestrians know it’s FSD driving and not me ? What % of time or at what maneuvers does it look not natural ?

Yes, give me two minutes on a typical residential drive with turns. Maybe less time sometimes, maybe a bit more time on very simple drives. Less than 30 seconds in a city I would think in most cases, moving time.

V11 is the last hope for HW3. Even so, the expectations are low.
Lol, I have a hard time pinning you down on where you stand on FSD and future prospects. It’s very hard to tell!

Last edited:
.25 is doing some really wacky stuff with lanes. Car made a left turn from the outer lane, needed to stay in the left lanes for another immediate left, but car decided to skip 2 lanes to the right during the turn? Lol, never did anything like that before.

This grammar of lanes approach is a bunch of hullabaloo hot air.

V11 is the last hope for HW3. Even so, the expectations are low.
Even GM’s advanced Super Cruise is starting to sound more capable, reliable and predictable- unlike this rubbish called TaDa or FSD…

Even GM’s advanced Super Cruise is starting to sound more capable, reliable and predictable- unlike this rubbish called TaDa or FSD…

I think Tesla can solve the lane problem easily if they created a cloud server that generated a lane map for a given route, but to them (and Elon), that is a crutch, so they're probably trying to do it the hard way. In the case the lane map isn't downloaded in time, the car will just revert to the current approach.

Once V11 comes out with the 4x resolution Occupancy Network, I think their last remaining challenge for navigation will be lane selection. After that, they'll work on smoothing the ride out.

Obviously it still won't drive as well as a good human, but if it can navigate safely and make broad decisions like a human, then everything else is just polish. Just my opinion anyway

I think Tesla can solve the lane problem easily if they created a cloud server that generated a lane map for a given route, but to them (and Elon), that is a crutch, so they're probably trying to do it the hard way. In the case the lane map isn't downloaded in time, the car will just revert to the current approach.

Once V11 comes out with the 4x resolution Occupancy Network, I think their last remaining challenge for navigation will be lane selection. After that, they'll work on smoothing the ride out.

Obviously it still won't drive as well as a good human, but if it can navigate safely and make broad decisions like a human, then everything else is just polish. Just my opinion anyway
Why do I feel like the current setup uses map data with some visual assistance, instead of using visual approaches to lane changes, intersections, etc with map data assistance?

Why do I feel like the current setup uses map data with some visual assistance, instead of using visual approaches to lane changes, intersections, etc with map data assistance?

AFAIK, Fsdb does currently use the Open Street Map that is downloaded on the car. So the car will make lane changes and whatnot in anticipation of some lane semantic change up ahead.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
AFAIK, Fsdb does currently use the Open Street Map that is downloaded on the car. So the car will make lane changes and whatnot in anticipation of some lane semantic change up ahead.
I wonder why they haven’t started to develop their own mapping system utilizing our cars. Open Street Map tends to be pretty mediocre, at least in my area.

Will play with that and rebooting the computer. I actually have never explored profile sync settings so will have to check that out
So I discovered a second driver profile (synced to my Tesla account I guess). I removed the old non-synced one and made sure to update the settings (re-enable no-confirm NoA one more time lol). Now just need to verify if this persists now. If not I guess I’m going back to the offline driver profile again.

I had to get Shaft out my car today for a player and as we were walking up, I had Lucille just ripping farts. He collects Lambos but I do believe he’s getting a Tesla now simply for the farts.
They say that cat Shaft's one bad mother... Hush your mouth......I'm only talkin' 'bout Shaft.........

Last edited:
That’s not on city roads. So, how is it even comparable?

GM is supposed to come out with UltraCruise next year available on the $200k hand built car. We’ll then be able to compare.
That was my point. Nothing is better than FSDb - from a real usability standpoint. For experimentation and fun with friends, it’s fine. I’m more focused on features that are actually usable. FSDb is not currently useable/production ready; it’s an abomination in that regard. @WilliamG

Edit: And sadly, GM SC will likely be more usable than FSD v11 Autopilot for quite some time.