Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are tons of off topic post and you decided to flag mine. I'm merely presenting that Tesla may opt for AR version as oppose to a diagrammatic approach. Pros and Cons considered. I did not realized that this thread is hostile to suggestions.
Keep posting, @Supcom may have some people on ignore and may not see the OT posts. It's the Holidays and some people are having some fun. Your good and we appreciate your feedback. Most of us have been posting over a year and need some humor to pass the time between new releases. New members and their perspectives are always welcome.

Keep posting, @Supcom may have some people on ignore and may not see the OT posts. It's the Holidays and some people are having some fun. Your good and we appreciate your feedback. Most of us have been posting over a year and need some humor to pass the time between new releases. New members and their perspectives are always welcome.
yes this. Couldn't have said it better. EDtreo, I wouldn't take things tooooo seriously here. Especially if you are listening to me :D

There are tons of off topic post and you decided to flag mine. I'm merely presenting that Tesla may opt for AR version as oppose to a diagrammatic approach. Pros and Cons considered. I did not realized that this thread is hostile to suggestions.
I think it was a joke..........this thread's topic steers much like FSDb, sliding off the drunk road in the snow with the sirens wailing and the faithful flailing under the light of the silvery moon.......

Goodnight Irene
I'll see you in my dreams

Right after we have “actually automatic high-beams” ......
When was the last time you tried the automatic high beams? I was one of the ones who bitched loudly about how bad they were, and how likely they were to cause road rage with other drivers.

I don't know exactly when it changed, but somewhere within the last few releases it went from terrible to good, maybe even very good. I'm not sure I'd say that it's excellent yet, but it is much, much better than it used to be. Give it another try.

When was the last time you tried the automatic high beams? I was one of the ones who bitched loudly about how bad they were, and how likely they were to cause road rage with other drivers.

I don't know exactly when it changed, but somewhere within the last few releases it went from terrible to good, maybe even very good. I'm not sure I'd say that it's excellent yet, but it is much, much better than it used to be. Give it another try.
It’s been a while…

The way I see it, FSD is being designed for dry conditions. Just like a new driver learns to drive in good conditions first. At this point I don’t expect it to handle anything more. As I said in the post to which I linked, there are many nuances and cues one takes into account when driving in snow, all of which are well beyond the scope of FSD in its current form.

@ALSETJC - I wasn’t intending to call you an idiot in my previous post, please don’t take the last paragraph as such, but one of the most important things you can do as a new FSD beta user is understand and appreciate the limitations of the software. Failure to do so can only lead to bad things.
No worries. I know its not going to be perfect in the snow, most of the street was plowed it was just one small area of snow that was blown over. I thought it could handle a little bit of snow here. I was right on top of it and anticipated it as it went. I just thought it could handle small cases of snow but it seems as if it can't even detect that there is snow which is surprising that no thought at all has gone into it yet. Likewise, I hope they have done some work in the rain because if this is supposed to be able to handle all conditions they're probably 5 to 10 years away at best. I really think they got the camera system wrong. They should have had two cameras per area (simulating our eyes) so that it can reconstruct the correct 3d depth of field like a really human.

I agree. They should also have a disclaimer telling people not to drive drunk or stoned too.

Really?

Tesla recommends that you use extra caution using AP or FSD in snow and ice conditions. You may have to take over at anytime because AP and FSD will do the wrong thing at the worst possible time.
Probably wrong wording. By disclaimers I mean new testers should know right away FSD ignores things like 1) No Turn on Red Lights are ignored 2) School Buses with flashing lights. 3) School Speed Limit Zones. 4) Will not pull over for emergency vehicles. Testers shouldn't find out the hard way when everyone knows FSD will always fail in specific situations.

Reactions: Pdubs
No worries. I know its not going to be perfect in the snow, most of the street was plowed it was just one small area of snow that was blown over. I thought it could handle a little bit of snow here. I was right on top of it and anticipated it as it went. I just thought it could handle small cases of snow but it seems as if it can't even detect that there is snow which is surprising that no thought at all has gone into it yet. Likewise, I hope they have done some work in the rain because if this is supposed to be able to handle all conditions they're probably 5 to 10 years away at best. I really think they got the camera system wrong. They should have had two cameras per area (simulating our eyes) so that it can reconstruct the correct 3d depth of field like a really human.
Just an opinion but No amount of cameras, radars etc are going to accommodate a system that reads the lines of the road when they are covered or partially covered in snow.

Probably wrong wording. By disclaimers I mean new testers should know right away FSD ignores things like 1) No Turn on Red Lights are ignored 2) School Buses with flashing lights. 3) School Speed Limit Zones. 4) Will not pull over for emergency vehicles. Testers shouldn't find out the hard way when everyone knows FSD will always fail in specific situations.
I get it mate. I also get somebody waiting for months to get FSD and they finally do, when there’s snow covered roads. I’d try it out too for giggles.