Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll know…. By turning on and trying the FSD…. After installing the update….

Am I missing something here? Lol
I guess it wasn’t clear to me when you got the strike. Seemed from the way it was described it was a while ago on a version prior to 10.12.2. (I recalled a post where you said you had not used it in months.)

If it was recently I am not sure why you’re talking about not using FSD (because that would apply to most people, of course). (People don’t use FSD Beta after a while.)

So yeah if you got a strike on 10.12.2 you’re just doing the same thing as nearly everyone else (whether or not they got a strike). And that strategy makes perfect sense but it’s also just totally normal (and unrelated to the strike).

Looking at your post history I see you got the strike on 10.12.2.

I don’t think there are any major software issues with strikes in 10.12.2, FYI. So wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Looking at the details from June, maybe there is something messed up with the Model S? Or maybe you had the problem with steering wheel not paying attention to input (some have reported that sometimes)? I have never seen that.

Last edited:
I’ll know…. By turning on and trying the FSD…. After installing the update….

Am I missing something here? Lol

If I were you, I would employ a different strategy:

Determine why (specifically!) you are getting strikes!

If it’s a bug, stop while you are ahead (two or three strikes).

If your experiment indicates a hardware failure, get the car serviced.

This will lead to a lower expected value for the number of strikes you will have a couple weeks after getting 10.69.2.

May as well take advantage of the freebies.

If I were you, I would employ a different strategy:

Determine why you are getting strikes.

If it’s a bug, stop while you are ahead.

If your experiment indicates a hardware failure, get the car serviced.

This will lead to a lower likelihood of getting a strike after you get 10.69.2.
Waiting to see if it’s a software issue, because the issue was not there prior to the last update. If 10.69.2 doesn’t resolve the issue, I’ll make an appointment. Something tells me it’s the sugary code in 10.12.2

If you were me then I'd be you and I'd use your body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Waiting to see if it’s a software issue, because the issue was not there prior to the last update. If 10.69.2 doesn’t resolve the issue, I’ll make an appointment. Something tells me it’s the sugary code in 10.12.2

If you were me then I'd be you and I'd use your body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!
I mean, you might be right, of course.

The risk is that you lose an opportunity to perfect a method to identify hardware issues in a risk-free fashion.

Obviously a total waste of time if it is software.

Absolutely.

Plus people are REALLY bad at hearing a promise when Elon makes a qualified goal like “hopefully by…” or “aiming for…” etc.

So bad at taking that as a “promise” that you’d think they might be motivated in some way… 🤔
You mean like "...meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up and take you all the way to your destination without an intervention. This year. I would say I am of certain of that, that is not a question mark" in February of 2019. Or maybe you mean something more like "A year from now, we’ll have over a million cars with full self-driving, software... everything” in April of that year. Or "I remain confident that we will have the basic functionality for level five autonomy complete this year" in July of 2020. I believe it is those that would characterize anything that the company CEO says as merely aspirational that "might be motivated in some way."

Reactions: Matias
You are right and I probably should have left that off.
As we all know Elon's promise for this capability passed a long time ago.
I am not included in the "we all know" because I heard him say on a podcast ""Our goal is, we’ll to be able to do a demonstration drive of full autonomy all the way from LA to New York," GOAL on a DEMONSTRATION drive.., not PROMISE :cool:

Last edited:
Yea, it's called FSD Beta.🤣

Also a single strike is anecdotal and could just be a fluke. This is not enough evidence to proclaim your camera or software are at fault and is repeatable. Get 3 strikes and you may be on to something but NOT on one single strike.
I don’t know what you’re smoking, but I would stop smoking it.

Why would I wait for the FSD to strike me out instead of disengaging while it’s yelling at me for no reason to keep paying attention while I’m already paying attention, and can’t pay anymore attention. It’s like touching a hot stove, it burning you, and then touching it again 3 times. I’ll stick to my troubleshooting style and you stick to yours.

Single strike was in testing to see if jerking off the wheel and staring forward would go away after some time, but it doesn’t, it just strikes out. So now the option is to use FSD and disengage within 10-15 seconds or wait longer for it to strike like it did the first time.

Your glibness aside, the context of the discussion is about the relative triviality in deciding how the car should act within a known vector-space scenario compared to the orders-of-magnitude more difficult and more compute-intensive work in creating that vector-space in realtime and decent frame-rate from the cameras and sensors in question.
For a moment I thought I was back in the "Alternate Universe Forum" :)

Single strike was in testing to see if jerking off the wheel and staring forward would go away after some time

You stated that it was saying to pay attention to the road, which only happens if the cabin camera is upset (I've seen this twice, about six months ago, and both times I was not looking at the road (I was barely moving at the time, but obviously I've adjusted my habits accordingly)!). This is a different warning than the turning force issue, as I am sure you know. So you could jerk off the wheel to completion, and it presumably wouldn't help.

Of course it should be reasonably easy to avoid a strike and still determine root cause with reasonable certainty. You only get a strike if you're persistent, AFAIK. Just have to do the experiment carefully, without arousing suspicion. Glasses, no glasses, for sure no sun visor, etc. Be careful to not accrue more than one warning on a single drive, etc. (I assume they are cleared after parking but obviously I don't know - this would be something that would become clear with experiments, though!)

This is all so intriguing to me, for some weird reason. The only video on YouTube I found was an obvious strike situation where it was easily avoidable (the guy just needed to stop using FSD Beta!). That was a "pay attention to the road" strike. Since the camera was not on the guy's face, it was hard to determine what might have been the issue (also was not 10.12.2).

Last edited:
I don’t know what you’re smoking, but I would stop smoking it.

Why would I wait for the FSD to strike me out instead of disengaging while it’s yelling at me for no reason to keep paying attention while I’m already paying attention, and can’t pay anymore attention. It’s like touching a hot stove, it burning you, and then touching it again 3 times. I’ll stick to my troubleshooting style and you stick to yours.

Single strike was in testing to see if jerking off the wheel and staring forward would go away after some time, but it doesn’t, it just strikes out. So now the option is to use FSD and disengage within 10-15 seconds or wait longer for it to strike like it did the first time.
Did you turn off FSD Beta and check if NOA give you a strike? Which I think will not count on FSD Beta.
I don't have any strikes but I don't use FSD Beta simply it gives me more stress when driving on City Streets. Might as well save the strikes for 10.69.

You stated that it was saying to pay attention to the road, which only happens if the cabin camera is upset (I've seen this twice, and both times I was not looking at the road (I was barely moving at the time, but obviously I've adjusted my habits accordingly)!). This is a different warning than the turning force issue, as I am sure you know. So you could jerk off the wheel to completion, and it presumably wouldn't help.

Of course it should be reasonably easy to avoid a strike and still determine root cause with reasonable certainty. You only get a strike if you're persistent, AFAIK. Just have to do the experiment carefully, without arousing suspicion. Glasses, no glasses, for sure no sun visor, etc. Be careful to not accrue more than one warning on a single drive, etc. (I assume they are cleared after parking but obviously I don't know - this would be something that would become clear with experiments, though!)

This is all so intriguing to me, for some weird reason. The only video on YouTube I found was an obvious strike situation where it was easily avoidable (the guy just needed to stop using FSD Beta!). That was a "pay attention to the road" strike. Since the camera was not on the guy's face, it was hard to determine what might have been the issue (also was not 10.12.2).
Maybe @Ramphex and I should have a bet like @AlanSubie4Life and @Daniel in SD.
We both have 2021 S Plaids and live in Tampa.
We both try fsd in each other's cars and see if we get a strike while driving.
The problem could be he is too good looking and the camera is like "Yo,
Wach U driving fsd for and not flooring it??" Or soo scary looking he may get a strike just getting in view of the camera?
If he gets in mine and the Red wheel of death comes on, we might be onto something... 🤔

Maybe @Ramphex and I should have a bet like @AlanSubie4Life and @Daniel in SD.
We both have 2021 S Plaids and live in Tampa.
We both try fsd in each other's cars and see if we get a strike while driving.
The problem could be he is too good looking and the camera is like "Yo,
Wach U driving fsd for and not flooring it??" Or soo scary looking he may get a strike just getting in view of the camera?
If he gets in mine and the Red wheel of death comes on, we might be onto something... 🤔
😅😅 only mine isn’t a Plaid so you’ll be disappointed lol

• Love
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Pro tip: When you see the red "pay attention"... use the volume knob, louder or quieter.
Jerking off the yoke has never worked for me! Only the volume or the right disengage button works. Volume is much easier..
As far as I know, that should have no impact on “pay attention” warnings, since they are unrelated to the steering wheel.

Reactions: clydeiii