Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at it this way. If the next version is 10.69, it really limits future 10.x versions 😉
This whole thing is hype to distract FSD purchasers from the awkwardly slow progress of the FSD beta program. Throwing out juvenile "69"s and "420"s on Twitter along with a few flame emojis is all about trying to hype up the uber-fanbois base and keep the stock price high and has nothing to do with actual progress on the Full-Self Driving Capabilities product. Those of us testing it frequently and without any reason to hype it know just how far it is from actually becoming an autonomous L3 (much less an L5) system. As I have said before, they will release it when they release it, and it will have the capabilities that it has at that time, but it certainly won't be an L5 autonomous system.

This whole thing is hype to distract FSD purchasers from the awkwardly slow progress of the FSD beta program. Throwing out juvenile "69"s and "420"s on Twitter along with a few flame emojis is all about trying to hype up the uber-fanbois base and keep the stock price high and has nothing to do with actual progress on the Full-Self Driving Capabilities product. Those of us testing it frequently and without any reason to hype it know just how far it is from actually becoming an autonomous L3 (much less an L5) system. As I have said before, they will release it when they release it, and it will have the capabilities that it has at that time, but it certainly won't be an L5 autonomous system.
He really touched a soft spot or memory for you on this “69” thing as you keep bringing it up lol.

• Funny
Reactions: GWord
Throwing out juvenile "69"s and "420"s on Twitter along with a few flame emojis is all about trying to hype up the uber-fanbois base and keep the stock price high and has nothing to do with actual progress on the Full-Self Driving Capabilities product.
Yeah, that's it. The institutional investors who drive the price of the stock will react most favorably to a little levity about the release numbers. Such a cunning plan. And it would have worked had it not been for that meddling Goose66...

22 GB is the biggest day in the last month.
Last night uploaded 22GB from one vehicle, and I believe that's the max 15 uses of the video snapshot button. Google WiFi shows the last 7 day averaging 20GB/day, so since both vehicles getting 10.12.2, I estimate we've uploaded over 2TB.

There was no WiFi connection during that time
Was it connected to WiFi after returning home? There's a bug with 10.12.2 where it doesn't connect. You can verify by viewing "Additional vehicle information" and if WiFi MAC address is missing then fix with 2-scrollwheel reset. I have noticed sentry mode to keep the vehicle awake has not been as reliable in continuing the upload, so instead I've been turning on camp mode. (It's not actually uploading sentry video as once it finishing uploading FSD Beta snapshots, the upload drops to very little.) Separately, there also seems to be a daily upload limit, e.g., multiple trips with uploads in between, so the vehicle doesn't upload any more until the next day.

Last night uploaded 22GB from one vehicle, and I believe that's the max 15 uses of the video snapshot button. Google WiFi shows the last 7 day averaging 20GB/day, so since both vehicles getting 10.12.2, I estimate we've uploaded over 2TB.

Was it connected to WiFi after returning home? There's a bug with 10.12.2 where it doesn't connect. You can verify by viewing "Additional vehicle information" and if WiFi MAC address is missing then fix with 2-scrollwheel reset. I have noticed sentry mode to keep the vehicle awake has not been as reliable in continuing the upload, so instead I've been turning on camp mode. (It's not actually uploading sentry video as once it finishing uploading FSD Beta snapshots, the upload drops to very little.) Separately, there also seems to be a daily upload limit, e.g., multiple trips with uploads in between, so the vehicle doesn't upload any more until the next day.
Looking back at my server records, I can see that the car connected to WiFi as soon as it returned home. My car reliably connects to WiFi.

Not generally my level of humor, but maybe Elon's "coincidence of numbers" was mildly funny to my teenage son the first couple of dozen times.
for everything else his mind comes up with I'm willing to give him a pass for grade school humor.
For reference - Our family still has a verbal meme thanks to our sons first joke
Kid - Dad, what's that under there? <pointing vaguely somewhere>
Us - Under where? <slightly annoyed at the vagueness, thinking he's asking a real question>
Kid - ha ha, made you say underwear!
Second grader humor is still funny no matter how many time I hear it, same for EM jokes :D

I’m in trouble! Tesla is committed. I do feel that the long delay somewhat validates my original feelings from several weeks ago on this turn - there were many (obvious) shortcomings in the system in 10.12 and they are having a hard time patching them up reliably. I too wonder about whether initial internal release will happen on the 20th.

for everything else his mind comes up with I'm willing to give him a pass for grade school humor.
For reference - Our family still has a verbal meme thanks to our sons first joke
Kid - Dad, what's that under there? <pointing vaguely somewhere>
Us - Under where? <slightly annoyed at the vagueness, thinking he's asking a real question>
Kid - ha ha, made you say underwear!
Second grader humor is still funny no matter how many time I hear it, same for EM jokes :D
Mozart was famously known to have a juvenile/bathroom sense of humor.

Our comedians and broadcast shows have become ever more potty-mouthed, occasionally with the ironic warning that they're intended only for "mature audiences". Ha!

So like you, I don't see too much reason to obsess over Elon's jokes. As long as the general direction is forward.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Another great drone video from Chuck Cook.

Not looking good for me if Chuck does this in light traffic!

@AlanSubie4Life probably thinks the last one is a failure but I say it’s close enough that I’d trust Chuck’s judgement on it when he’s in the driver’s seat.
That’s correct. A pretty clear failure per the terms (since clarified to require 10 or more attempts, with over 90% success (we have not clarified who wins at exactly 90%), and the ill-defined excessive gap has been deemed to be 5 seconds or more), #4 (just like it was for the human driver in a prior video).

I’m not sure what is up with the right turn to get the right pose. It’s completely unnecessary (I know because no human has done it to that degree), but I won’t count those as failures. It’s just far more exaggerated than it needs to be. The median is incredibly wide; far wider than a single lane

Last edited: