Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are confused - look at your assumptions.
Well considering it is just that in my opinion of it, it’s not really an assumption. Back to my question…. Why is the price being increased?

By the way, I haven’t been able to use it for months, without obnoxious red arms of pay attention and then strikes. Therefore even the beta has been useless to me at this point, and there has not been a release in months to address it. This is the first release and it’s back to shill only rollouts.

No full video yet…

Looks like it is ready for pushing across LA traffic lanes. @Daniel in SD said this was hard!

I rate this turn a pass assuming it actually knew no one was coming (visualization said yes it did, but I would like to see 1000+ more tests with situations that are more heavily occluded and traffic IS there).
That was a "white knuckles" and even got my HR up.

Reactions: GranularHail
It detected that car before going. Just dawdled.
Yeah, I guess it's good news that it doesn't appear to be a perception issue. Though it seems like that would make this case even easier to simulate. It actually seems to be responding to the truck.
1661185740044.png

It actually seems to be responding to the truck
Yes, does seem to be the reason for the delay. I would have just waited in that situation for traffic to be clear.

When traffic is in far lanes, it takes the Tesla ~6-7 seconds to cross the first three near lanes. It is faster when it is clear in the far lanes, 4-5 seconds is typical. This is generally the case so if they are going with 5 seconds of gap in the near lanes there is a bit of a mismatch.

The only real problem I had was when the cars stoped in the left lane it sorta went for it even though it didn't have a full view down the center lane. To me this is the "out of sight out of mind" that it does sometimes like when cresting a hill.

Yes it does. "... from either direction for the purposes of making a left turn..." is NOT from ANY direction. Also you can't left turn into the center turn lane and come to a stop because then you are making a RIGHT merge turn (You are NO longer making a left turn since that part is done) which is clearly NOT allowed. "....no vehicle shall be driven into such central lane except for the purpose of making a left turn..." Once in the lane you MUST make a left turn from the lane, so clearly making a right merge is illegal.
You can’t read carefully enough for law.

That clause is for identification of the lane ONLY.

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW
No full video yet…

Looks like it is ready for pushing across LA traffic lanes. @Daniel in SD said this was hard!

I rate this turn a pass assuming it actually knew no one was coming (visualization said yes it did, but I would like to see 1000+ more tests with situations that are more heavily occluded and traffic IS there).

That was legitimately impressive. I’m so jaded with my FSD experience but it will be interesting to see if 10.69 really steps up capability.

I have that same thought every time I see the influencers’ videos and then my car tries to drive me into a trash can but this release might actually be step change-ish.

The only real problem I had was when the cars stoped in the left lane it sorta went for it even though it didn't have a full view down the center lane. To me this is the "out of sight out of mind" that it does sometimes like when cresting a hill.
But if you look at the visualization you could argue that it KNEW there was no traffic (and a human would know too if they were paying close attention).

I am not saying it is robust. But it seemed to be able to (maybe) use the occupancy network to deduce that nothing was going to cross its path. Or it was just luck (hence, thousands of additional trials). That network has to be VERY good at its job.

No full video yet…

Impressive. That situation would have had me as a human giving up on the left and just turning right in front of the pickup leaving the gap for an eventual U-turn when I could make it over to the left lane. Chuck has some guts.

Impressive. That situation would have had me as a human giving up on the left and just turning right in front of the pickup leaving the gap for an eventual U-turn when I could make it over to the left lane. Chuck has some guts.
I would have gone, but I would have been a LOT more cautious after the initial roll before poking out (I trust my eyes, but verify). And I would only do this if the light was still red of course. It’s not that high risk if people already have their foot on the brake to slow down. It is always stressful though to assert yourself when you don’t have right of way.

yea that is what I was thinking. I wonder how many people have already been killed at that junction.

FOMO…but at this point, people can’t be stupid enough to keep falling for it…but who knows, maybe there are a few

100%. FSD Beta is cool and even fun to a point but as the warning says "does the wrong thing at the worst time" or something like that. It's still way easier to drive yourself and the people that are complacent with it are basically risking themselves and other road users.

I'm in Canada right now and some things are laughably bad. Lane selection is even worse than in California. It pretty consistently chooses the wrong lane, usually resulting in me either missing the turn or ending up at a bus stop, or a lane that is ending altogether. I don't use it when I want to drive somewhere regularly, I use it when I want to have some fun and beta test it to see what it does.

Autopilot and NOA have been great on the highway, but FSD Beta is not worth anywhere near $15K. Based on the shill's videos though, it does seem an improvement but frankly the videos and comments from the YouTube Elon simps have been the same every time a FSD Beta update rolls out.

These human drivers are too advanced and shows what FSD could eventually do too. ;) FSD Beta waiting while another vehicle pulls alongside to also make the unprotected left with yet another human driver entering the intersection while the first 2 are still completing the turn:
concurrent left.jpg

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life