Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1661859584611.png

If 22.20.10 then that sorta makes since that 10.69.1 is only going out to the same 1000 testers since it must be evaluated before releasing
It seems like it's actually smaller than the original 10.69 release as TeslaFi and Teslascope show downloads (not even any installs yet) only to "employee" vehicles that typically received ".0" releases since 10.10 including 10.13, so this so far excludes others like James Locke.

At least those 3 vehicles on the 2 services have 10.69.1 downloaded but not installed although one on Teslascope is currently installing, so maybe some lucky 10% of us (who already have FSD Beta) will get it later this week.

On TeslaFi's sample, approximately 82% of cars are in releases 2022.20 or higher. Unless someone has deliberately held back, we likely will not see many "new" users with this release of FSDb.
Now that Teslascope's 2 "employee" vehicles are installed (but one has software logging disabled), here's a TeslaFi link for 2022.20.10 that should still work after the 1 pending install for 10.69.1 finishes:
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker Version 2022.20.10 e109895bd Full Self Driving Beta Version 10.69.1

TeslaFi's current population with AP3/FSD computer is 92% on 2022.20.x or older, so it seems like the majority of those waiting to be newly added with 10.69 won't be limited by Tesla's desire to avoid reverting firmware to an older branch. Still unclear what will happen to those already on 2022.24.x though as it's possible to "go backwards."

Now that Teslascope's 2 "employee" vehicles are installed (but one has software logging disabled), here's a TeslaFi link for 2022.20.10 that should still work after the 1 pending install for 10.69.1 finishes:
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker Version 2022.20.10 e109895bd Full Self Driving Beta Version 10.69.1

TeslaFi's current population with AP3/FSD computer is 92% on 2022.20.x or older, so it seems like the majority of those waiting to be newly added with 10.69 won't be limited by Tesla's desire to avoid reverting firmware to an older branch. Still unclear what will happen to those already on 2022.24.x though as it's possible to "go backwards."
That is good news.

And while it may be possible to "go backwards", it's not something Tesla does often. The most common data point why people with qualifying SS didn't get 10.12.2 was that they were on .16 or higher firmware, regardless of car, region/area, miles driven, etc.

There were 2 people who Teslafi/Tesla Scope claims received the update, but according to Reddit, one of those cars was never on .16.

This may be a somewhat unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway. You should just try FSD beta with polarized sunglasses on. The cabin camera gets confused and doesn't react when you have them on allowing you to do your testing. Obviously pay attention to the road, hands on wheel, yada yada yada while doing this testing.
I wear polarized lenses all the time. No problem.

Reactions: tivoboy
Definite improvement though. I want to try out the highway lane merger which he stated was better by better matching with the highway traffics speed a problem I have all the time.
Consider its been…*checks calendar*… 84 years since the last update, and this update is supposed to be HUGE, I would expect better than this.

It seems like it's actually smaller than the original 10.69 release as TeslaFi and Teslascope show downloads (not even any installs yet) only to "employee" vehicles that typically received ".0" releases since 10.10 including 10.13, so this so far excludes others like James Locke.
I wonder if Elon is tired of hearing negative comments about known issues in early builds (James Locke) and told the release team to not include them in the initial releases going forward... 🤔

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Pretty good video of 10.69 - not looking too good for my major complaints. Bad lane choices, erratic steering on basic left turns. 😫

Hopefully they’ll dial everything up to 11 on assertiveness on 10.69.2. Just go! Even if it is not the right thing; that is why we are driving. Would make testing even more exciting.

Up until today, I believed that FSD beta would travel straight if navigation was inactive. It would stop at dead ends and turn right at a tee intersection.

Today, I forgot to choose a destination and FSD beta took me home. 😲. It made four left turns and three right turns to do so. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

I've seen people say that FSD beta will only go straight, but that is somewhat correct. It will in fact do as you say.... make turns. HOWEVER, it isn't taking you to your home on purpose. Most likely, your home is in the direction of major streets. FSD beta will tend (in general) go toward the major streets. I've gotten it to do that several times on previous betas and especially on the .69. I can activate FSD at my home without a destination and it will make turns and get me to the main Pyramid Hwy about 3 miles away. Sort of spooky as if it knows where I want to go. Once on the main road, it just goes straight.

How do you know it works? You would expect the pay attention to go away when you pay attention…. So I guess that is the question - how do you know what cleared it? You’d have to keep staring out the side window while your passenger uses the scroll wheel I guess, to see if it works - do it several times in a row without looking forward to see if you get a strike i guess. Seems a bit unsafe but what can you do?

Anyway, I never see the “pay attention,” so maybe (certainly?) I am wrong. The only thing I ever see (very briefly) is the apply slight torque - every now and again it’ll flash on and off very quickly, before I can respond to it (since I am responding to it before it occurs).
I tested this 3 × today driving to my office. I did it by taking off my glasses and keeping my right eye shut and staring slightly to the left. It worked to turn off nag all 3 times by moving the volume button up-and-down a couple times. It also worked by turning left or right with the turn signals on the yoke. It also worked by adjusting the speed up or down a couple miles an hour. If you would like to me to post a video doing it let me know what type of beer I can expect from you!!

Hopefully they’ll dial everything up to 11 on assertiveness on 10.69.2. Just go! Even if it is not the right thing; that is why we are driving. Would make testing even more exciting.
What I want them to do is to dial in particular typical driver personas for each profile setting

Assertive : Angry BMW driver in a midlife crisis

Standard : Office worker putting on makeup while talking on phone (and driving)

Chill : Limousine Driver

Pretty good video of 10.69 - not looking too good for my major complaints. Bad lane choices, erratic steering on basic left turns. 😫
Yes, one of my biggest concerns on prior betas were left turns. The left turns even in residential areas with no traffic were very erratic and jerky and then accelerates like a bat out of hell. Right turns have been fine for me. .69 fixed that for me. The left turns are now smooth especially in the residential areas where it went nuts before.

Yes, one of my biggest concerns on prior betas were left turns. The left turns even in residential areas with no traffic were very erratic and jerky and then accelerates like a bat out of hell. Right turns have been fine for me. .69 fixed that for me. The left turns are now smooth especially in the residential areas where it went nuts before.
I'm in the UK, where we still are limited by UNECE regulations so our cars can't even steer properly. This sounds like heaven!

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert