Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't help but feel a bit irritated seeing accounts on Twitter who have been kicked out of FSD for getting 5 strikes get pushed 10.69.1 and have their strikes reset, meanwhile so many of us are sitting on a build from 3 months ago with zero strikes.
Even the early access program wasn't given FSD beta, so there absolutely is no reward for good usage, feedback, or length of time you've owned FSD or anything like that. I think most of us will be waiting until the wide release at this point

You're assuming polish means that the creep behavior would be improved...again he doesn't say what polish and shine mean. It could just be system crash bugs like dirtytesla noted in his first drive. Maybe you're right, maybe not

The point is that upcoming versions could refer to whatever comes after 10.69...10.420 probably...looking at previous history, whenever Elon says upcoming releases will improve ULTs or UFOs or xyz, it is the next point release, not the 0.0.x version. Again, you could be right...you could be wrong.

But anyway, my view based on an almost 2 year history of lackluster overhyped updates, I honestly don't think anything substantial was done in .1 or will be in .2 (if anything they'll just revert some stuff and call it improved). Any changes that WERE squeezed in to .1 were rushed out in the 9 days it took between the releases.
And you know this how?
"Any changes that WERE squeezed in to .1 were rushed out in the 9 days it took between the releases."

For all we know they the development team had several code changes done prior to the base .69 release but decided to hold them off until the .1. or .2 releases for more validation. We're all just speculating but sometimes speculation is stated as fact.

And you know this how?
"Any changes that WERE squeezed in to .1 were rushed out in the 9 days it took between the releases."

For all we know they the development team had several code changes done prior to the base .69 release but decided to hold them off until the .1. or .2 releases. We're all just speculating but sometimes speculation is stated as fact.
I mentioned that it was "my view" aka speculation you're right, but i don't think it's a stretch that since the FSD Public Beta began it's been over 500 days since 10.2 and the disengagement rate is still < 5 miles (avg based on forum members) AND 10.12->10.69 was over 90 days. How much do you expect 10.69.1 or .2 to "shine" (Elon's words) with 7-9 days between releases?

Reactions: 2101Guy
What a full-road closure looks like on the visualization:

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 6.58.00 PM.png

Even the early access program wasn't given FSD beta, so there absolutely is no reward for good usage, feedback, or length of time you've owned FSD or anything like that. I think most of us will be waiting until the wide release at this point
At first, I didn’t care about this since it was kind of arbitrary.

I’m into meritocratic systems though, so I feel like they have plenty of metrics now that they could use to encourage proper use of beta and reward it. It would be win-win for Tesla too, possibly.

Maybe it is wrong to have no sympathy for people who have racked up four or five strikes. But I don’t think they should be prioritized, for sure. At least drop them to the back of the queue before resetting their strikes!

It’s possible they don’t want to encourage an effort to game the attention system, of course, which may be why they don’t do the meritocracy (think of how SS mostly went off the rails and people cheated). But at least punish strikes a little bit (give to these people last!), even if you don’t reward lack of strikes.

They could keep the system opaque to limit gaming it. But just giving to the same people all the time (some of whom are pretty irresponsible) is lame.

I mentioned that it was "my view" aka speculation you're right, but i don't think it's a stretch that since the FSD Public Beta began it's been over 500 days since 10.2 and the disengagement rate is still < 5 miles (avg based on forum members) AND 10.12->10.69 was over 90 days. How much do you expect 10.69.1 or .2 to "shine" (Elon's words) with 7-9 days between releases?
My only hope and expectation is that I will notice more improvement upgrading to 10.69 then most releases I've gotten in the past year. Minor point releases aka .1 & .2 are likely to be just minor fixes without any real added "shine".

What are you referring to?

The car stopping somewhat gracefully to let the Mazda Miata get through:

1) There's car on right
2) I have to cross double line
3) Car ahead, calculate speed, trajectory, and likelihood of having enough space 4 seconds later to pass
4) Should proceed or not? When to stop and where, is it enough room for other car, etc.

FSD beta is starting to do more planning in advance (about 5-6 seconds in this case). This isn't as graceful as the best humans, but it's impressive (for not panicking or trying to squeeze in, as it would have in the past):

This will definitely help on the narrow streets here. It's one of my pet peeves - never really knowing if it will do the right thing™ until it gets dangerously close

The car stopping somewhat gracefully to let the Mazda Miata get through:

1) There's car on right
2) I have to cross double line
3) Car ahead, calculate speed, trajectory, and likelihood of having enough space 4 seconds later to pass
4) Should proceed or not? When to stop and where, is it enough room for other car, etc.
Unfortunately it is an example of what a human would never do. You’d just see the car and wait since it was clearly evident way in advance (if not in the video on a phone screen, certainly in reality). And if you did poke out (in the event you didn't have an opportunity to see the oncoming traffic) you’d dive back in to give the oncoming car room.

I hate to be critical about everything (it is super tiresome, trust me), but unfortunately this has to be perfect, otherwise no one will use it.

This would have been guaranteed intervention for me as soon as it deviated from the middle of the lane at 9:09.

EDIT:

Yep, looked at this on a computer screen. There's PLENTY of room to fit two cars, so that's one option as a human, though most would not do it. But poking out like this when the car is clearly visible (and has been for a few seconds!), if squeezing through is not the strategy, is no good. It's embarrassing that it even started to move out and the other driver had to react.

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 10.12.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 10.13.19 PM.png

(about 5-6 seconds in this case).
I don't see how you calculated this. The car initially reacted at 9:10. This was 4-5 seconds after the oncoming car was visible and a clear issue! The car passed at 9:15. That's not 5-6 seconds of planning (clearly the minimum requirement is to react a few seconds before a collision, so we should call that zero planning time I guess!). I'm not sure how you'd define "planning time" in this case. I would describe the relevant metric as how late the car was relative to a human. It was about 4-5 seconds late in reacting.

It's not time to lose our minds yet.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is an example of what a human would never do. You’d just see the car and wait since it was clearly evident way in advance (if not in the video on a phone screen, certainly in reality). And if you did poke out (in the event you didn't have an opportunity to see the oncoming traffic) you’d dive back in to give the oncoming car room.

I hate to be critical about everything (it is super tiresome, trust me), but unfortunately this has to be perfect, otherwise no one will use it.

This would have been guaranteed intervention for me as soon as it deviated from the middle of the lane at 9:09.

EDIT:

Yep, looked at this on a computer screen. There's PLENTY of room to fit two cars, so that's one option as a human, though most would not do it. But poking out like this when the car is clearly visible (and has been for a few seconds!), if squeezing through is not the strategy, is no good. It's embarrassing that it even started to move out and the other driver had to react.

View attachment 848106View attachment 848105

I don't see how you calculated this. The car initially reacted at 9:10. This was 4-5 seconds after the oncoming car was visible and a clear issue! The car passed at 9:15. That's not 5-6 seconds of planning (clearly the minimum requirement is to react a few seconds before a collision, so we should call that zero planning time I guess!). I'm not sure how you'd define "planning time" in this case. I would describe the relevant metric as how late the car was relative to a human. It was about 4-5 seconds late in reacting.

It's not time to lose our minds yet.
Strong disagree here. I would have not have slowed down at all. The Miata clearly saw the green car coming and pulled way to the right to allow both cars to pass unimpeded. I would never have engaged FSD in the first place and gotten to my destination faster and not angry that the richest man in the world suckered me into paying to beta test his software. :p

Last edited: