Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45589A51-BD70-4EBA-8247-BC84EEBEBFA1.jpeg

Great.
Perhaps I am beta testing more than just FSD.
I think the difficulty of this whole endeavor cannot be overstated. Lots of complexity and chaos.

East coast here.
Just did my first 2 drives on 69.2 and I have to remember not to judge a new release right away since both drives were terrible. Worst drives in over 6 months.
Lots of phantom braking, wrong lane selections, round about disasters (x2) and pretty much anything that could go wrong did. After working fine on earlier builds still rockets from one turn to another in my neighborhood when the turns are a tenth of a mile apart. I guess I'll go back to not enabling FSD until I leave my neighborhood which I began doing after receiving 10.12.2.

I did see a couple of areas of improvements. Stayed right on unmarked road and was more confident on several turns.
Bad initial drives has happened before so I'll be optimistic FSD will improve for me.
🔥🔥🔥

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
10.69.2 initial impressions:

Turns feel much smoother. Less jerk in the wheel movements.

Stop and go feel smoother too. Did one unprotected left turn across and it did good. Creep line is nice. Can’t wait to drive more.
I get a kick out of the "placebo effect" of updates that people usually post after a new install. This "Stop and go feel smoother too" seems to be a real improvement this time around even over 16.9.1.1

I understand the excitement for all you FSD Beta enthusiast, but I Opted Out of FSD Beta (subscription) Three weeks ago, and now all I get is this, 2022.20.15 update. After 10 emails and still no response, I can only guess nobody reads the emails there? I wonder just what it's going to take to get rid of this FSD Beta, and get back to normal updates?

Got 10.69.2 this morning - really disappointing for me. I guess my area has really bad map data and it is actually slightly worse on 10.69. Some improvements first:

• When crossing intersections as soon lane markings are gone previous version would veer into left lane - sometimes entering a few inches into the lane to the left. This is fixed.
  • Had some of the best right turns ever.
  • Used to change lanes due to imaginary cones exiting my village, now stays in left lane for left turn instead of going into right lane for left turn. It did have trouble staying centered in the lane though, so I guess it is still trying to avoid imaginary cones.
  • There was an invisible phantom breaking wall that existed in all public releases and betas at a specific spot - finally fixed? Only tried it once but it used to be 100% phantom breaking from 50mph to 20mph - the get rear ended type of stopping.
Bad
  • Unmarked residential streets - bounces between center of road, slightly into opposite side of road and right side of road. Used to stay in the center unless there was opposing traffic. It is going further left of center than previous beta so not good for playing chicken with opposing traffic.
  • Still accelerates towards stopped traffic from 100ft then hits breaks too hard.
  • Right turn on red light - didn't even try to go. Didn't creep to check for gaps, resisted going when I nudged accelerator pedal. It seemed to be waiting for green light. It eventually respected the accelerator pedal but performed what other drivers would consider "an unnecessarily dramatic right turn".
  • Lane selection: still attempts to enter lane that is ending so there is a about half a mile where I have to keep disengaging to prevent it from entering that lane. This is 3 miles from the right turn so I don't know why it is so excited to enter the rightmost lane.
  • Entered right turn zone 1 stop too early, had to disengage.
  • Left turn at stop sign - 100% clear - 10 second pause, then entered painted median and stayed in painted median instead of getting in drivable right lane.
  • At 3 miles from left turn starts to change lanes to rightmost lane - at 2 miles from left turn makes it to the rightmost lane (3 lane road).
  • At .7 miles to left turn at a red light surrounded with traffic, where there is 0% chance of performing a lane change it starts signaling trying to get back to the left lane for the left turn.
  • Stop and go traffic - still accelerates too fast when lead car starts going ~10mph so tesla does a whiplash acceleraete / break manuever.
  • .4 miles to left turn it started a lane change to left lane, got 75% into the lane, then aborted and went back to middle lane. Had to disengage.
  • Finally made it to the left turn - puts on blinker but didn't enter the left turn lane. This left turn lane it never used to miss used to be 100% success. There were 0 cars ahead of me. Had to disengage.
  • Roundabout - 6/10 - jerky and weird but it did it.

its almost as if the Youtube influencers (especially the ones that get invited to Tesla events at Fremont) get totally different FSD(b) or FSD(B) versions from TMC persons. Their drives always seem to go near perfectly flawless compared to the reviews here...

Survivorship bias is the most likely explanation. There are plenty of videos of mediocre drives on YouTube, but they don't get nearly as many clicks because it's not fun to watch. Those with the most entertaining or informative videos became "YouTube influencers" because they had interesting drives.

Survivorship bias is the most likely explanation. There are plenty of videos of mediocre drives on YouTube, but they don't get nearly as many clicks because it's not fun to watch. Those with the most entertaining or informative videos became "YouTube influencers" because they had interesting drives.

I feel like it has less to do with FSDb's performance in the vids, and more how the person sets up the context and describes what's happening.

Let's be real, watching a car drive is almost as interesting as watching paint dry. It really is up to the person to make the footage interesting. Production value is also important. The people who have invested in better gear, HDMI-direct connection with their screen, and presenting multiple views in a single frame will get more viewership.

I like to watch vids at faster speeds, usually 1.5x or sometimes 2x if the person talks too slow. But FSDb videos I have to watch at 1x to get a real sense of car's reaction times. So if I'm forced to watch a 1x video, the content better be good.

we wait for the each update like a kid waiting for the Christmas present, we talk about how the updates are pushed, how much time it took to download etc. Some say it was the best thing invented after the sliced bread, some say not much improvement. and its time to wait for the next update.. rinse and repeat. Over the last 7 updates I haven't seen any meaningful improvement. Phantom breaking is scaring the crap out of me. My car is the only moving or inanimate object in the radius of 10 miles and still it decides to screeching halt in the middle of the road. This makes me feel like we have reached the peak of the software improvement and without any hardware upgrade its near impossible for the autonomous drive ( or whatever crap they call it). Probably Elon should put his ego aside and start thinking about Hardware rather than solely depending on Cameras only.

Got the update overnight from 2022.12.3.20. Haven't driven it yet, but look forward to retrying previous problem locations and situations.

In the meantime, I'm happy the dashcam USB issue is supposed to be fixed, and I noticed the dashcam icon is back at the top -- next to the video reporting button. That frees up one of the customizable button spots at the bottom.