Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thicc pump incoming

7E12F5AC-0A1E-4FE1-8C8E-65310F23E25C.png

Mines downloading as we speak, papa Elon must’ve heard my shill prayer!

Downloading now !!!

Went out to the car and did the force check for new updates. It sat there, and I kid you not, for 5 minutes stating checking for updates. After 5 minutes it started downloading !!!
The serves must be slammed, mine took a couple minutes to get through the “checking” status as well! Download in progress!

so we are now in the timeline of "FSD Beta saved my life"? in the same video where it puts you in dangerous situations that required safety disengagements?
That looks like a pretty dangerous intersection, and it's more dangerous & difficult than Chuck's, because the median area is several feet narrower, there's a street on the opposite side, and traffic can get into a turning position from either direction (on the main road, there are turn lanes in both directions). Just more complex, with less room. Maybe speed limits higher too, didn’t check.

Hopefully no one gets hurt. I wouldn't attempt the strategy FSD is using there, I don't think. Though hard to say without actually driving that turn myself. I certainly hope they figure out how to solve the issue with the lack of consistent positioning/localization if they insist on this strategy here!

I don't see why they don't make the strategy one where they just GO when it is clear both directions, rather than dawdling up to 20mph at the apex. They can hit 20mph in less than 2 seconds in all cars and in most they can do it in closer to 1 second. Instead it takes a minimum of 4 seconds (sometimes 8!) to get to the far side and it's only going 20mph! They should get there much faster (less than 3 seconds) and be traveling 30mph minimum on this turn.

Additionally: It's a pretty busy and difficult task to narrate, fiddle with the screen to see the visualization (why?), and also check for traffic both ways, while monitoring what FSD does.

Anyone who has used FSD probably knows, but ensuring that it doesn't drive any differently than you do, and thus doesn't put you in a tough spot is actually something you really have to commit to, and is quite difficult to do consistently.

Everyone please be careful!

Last edited:
Don’t know about others but stuck at 50% for some time now.

I’m sure it will go through eventually but obviously things are slammed.
Mine paused at 50% for a moment but is back to a consistent rate now. It did jump from 50 to 58% - perhaps there’s just a huge block of data in that range that it can’t progress bar for?

“Progress bars are hard”

More regression for sure.

Went out and drove around on empty well lit streets.

Slowing down and stopping in the middle of the road. Nothing visible and nothing showing on screen. Green lights far ahead. No cross traffic intersections.

On long strips of straight road choosing to change lanes in middle of intersections.

Stopping so far from crosswalks like 30-40 feet that it wouldn’t trigger the light. To ping pedal did nothing. Had to hold it down it I got close to line and then it got the idea.

Pulling up to stop sign of four way intersection with cross traffic not controlled. Clear to go. Not going. Not clear to go. Car pulls out in from of cross traffic. Stops. Gives up. Doesn’t turn, doesn’t go straight, doesn’t move to next lane with no traffic. Just gives up and sits there waiting to be hit.

Driving over blown over (small) tree branches that it visualized as an object instead of driving around it.