Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the 2nd drive and performance is complex. It does well on the open roads but city streets have periods of hesitation, over the top acceleration jerk, hard braking, carries too much speed leading up to red lights, turn velocities more appropriate for banked corners, and excessive steering input during turns at stopped intersections. I assume for beta this stuff isn't as important to the team as being able to safely get from point a to b.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Just disengage before any honking! Disengage the moment it does anything remotely wrong or it looks like it might do something wrong. This is the way.

Makes for a stress-free experience. And there is only upside.

Remember that you are driving, not the car.

It’s not really possible to use it in heavy traffic yet unless it is a trivial driving situation.
Yes. I did. But I wanted to see where the car was going and sure enough between two lanes. Even tho I disengaged drivers in our metro DMV ( DC, MD, VA) area have places to go:)

Looks like TeslaFi has one vehicle that was on 2022.20.8 newly added to FSD Beta with 10.69.2.2 View attachment 854584
Yesterday, there was one vehicle updating from 2022.20.8 to be newly added to FSD Beta 10.69.2.2 just before a lot more got added. And now there's a vehicle updating from 2022.28.2 to FSD Beta? I wonder if Tesla will be adding more of these vehicles soon?

teslafi 2022.28.2 to fsd beta.png

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker 2022.20.17 75d4b79ed Full Self Driving Beta Version 10.69.2.2

Reactions: KrazinAz
Reactions: DelPhonic1
I assume for beta this stuff isn't as important to the team as being able to safely get from point a to b.
We all hope so. Personally I do not think the issue of capability and these behaviors are separable, though.

I’d love to see zero latency on the screen so we had a better idea of what the vehicle is reacting to (see the Twitter discussion on trajectories - I don’t agree with this assessment that the vehicle made a decision on stale information - all we know is the wheel jerked and not sure why the path planner did it - it would be silly to react to positions of vehicles 0.3 seconds ago, anyway). We really have no idea what are the capabilities of the car, since we can’t see what it sees.

I should also mention for new FSD Beta users to practice disengagements. It’s a skill!

Particularly practice both steering-only disengagements, in mid-turn, as well as brake disengagements. And stalk disengagements (the easiest, but transitions to the wrong gear are possible!). In varied scenarios.

It is good to get the muscle memory, on a steering disengagement, to understand that TACC needs to be subsequently disengaged manually. This takes practice, and multiple repetitions, like most things on a new car.

It should all be second nature and practicing the machine-assist-to-human control transition is important for safe drives.
I think some of us have used TACC and EAP for a long time on the highway and local roads, yes, steering wheel/yoke is quicker and for me I find pressing the scroll wheel button is faster too for disengaging. Likewise, I just dial down the speed on the scroll wheel on my narrow neighborhood roads even tho they are 25mph we cannot do more than 15 wiht cars parked on the corner, both sides of the street, people walking with dogs, and children on their bikes. 25 is too fast.

That's interesting. Drivetrain gears like reverse or park at slow speeds?
Yes. Or neutral. I have had neutral selection happen in stressful situations (ULT, lol) where I disengaged and had other things to focus on. Obviously usually an issue only when stationary. Also sometimes when FSD won’t engage you can get in a loop of tapping the stalk and then inadvertently end up in neutral. I have video of it happening to me; I guess I should try to figure out what I did wrong (must have held in the halfway down position for too long). It wasn’t a big deal, I was just sitting there, but definitely can happen.

You’d think so but not the case actually. As I said, on turns I provide more latitude - this is just an acquired skill. I usually only have disengagements when FSD does something wrong (with the exception of a number of them with 10.69.1.1 when they changed the torque requirements a lot). Every now and again I torque a disengagement, but usually that’s just because I made an error. Seeing any nags at all annoys me and is distracting, so I prefer not to see any. The goal is zero nags.

They can change the requirements with different versions. I have not had a problem with 10.69.2.2 yet. You may think you are satisfying the requirement but you are not, but this is most likely something you just need to calibrate yourself to.

I’m not ruling out any issue on a particular car, but I haven’t seen any issues. I see the prelim nag (no flashing blue) from time to time and then it immediately flashes off.

On more rare occasions I will see the flashing blue. This does seem more common now in 10.69.X so I think it is possible I just need to relearn the requirement (which they have probably changed).

But seems like a non-issue as long as I keep my hands on the wheel.
I just change the volume up or down a little or make a speed adjustment

FSD does not appear to be responding properly to my steering wheel inputs. I'm driving along with FSD and I get a warning to keep my hands on the wheel. They have been on the wheel, but I wiggle the wheel and FSD keeps nagging. Sometimes it will stop nagging after a couple of seconds, but today it timed out and gave me a strike. Has anyone else had this problem?
First, there have been many reports of failures with the attention monitoring system, so it’s very possible that it failed. If it doesn’t seem to be recognizing your inputs, tap the brake or tap up on the gear stalk to disable FSDb and re engage.

Second, recognize that it’s torque, not movement that the system is looking for. As such ‘jiggling’ doesn’t help so much as consistent turning force.

But then I would see the nag (assuming it is a response to one and you aren’t constantly adjusting it)! The goal is zero nags; I need to keep my focus on the road, not the screen.
I understand now what you meant. Light pressure is the best way with nags.
Having a yoke I think makes it easier to keep nags away. I rest my left or right hand near the bottom of the yoke just above my knees and use a light upward pressure.
Also having a front display helps you see the nag faster.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life