Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with whatever is the most current FSD beta version is: is your stoplight green/red detection working consistently? If not, why?
On 10.69.2, when not using FSD Beta, there was sometimes dinging for green lights that weren’t my green light (signaling left in a left turn lane). But that is normal. Doesn’t seem to affect FSD Beta functionality (not running reds in similar situations).

No idea on 10.69.2.2.

It could well do that if there are files in the operating system with the new version that are not backwards compatible with the old version

I think the Cloud Profiles are the likely culprit. I imagine a lot had to change in the car in order for Profiles to be uploaded to, and downloaded from Tesla's servers. So reverting that might be difficult.

Seems to be working fine for me, 100+miles since yesterday.
Ok. I’m not FSD, but have enabled the green light chime. On any road where the left turning lane has its own light with arrow, and the two adjacent lanes on the right have their own lights? If I’m in the turning lane and the arrow goes green but the other two lights are red? I get no chime even though my screen clearly shows the arrow/light being green. Every time.

Just me?

Sigh. Another day coming in, another dollar.

First: single lane road splits at the light, going slightly right puts one on the straight-ahead lane, going slightly left puts one on the left-turn-only lane. Which is marked with paint arrows in the lane. This morning, wanting to go straight ahead, the car went for the left turn lane. Then implied that, when the light went green, it was going to go past the car to my right, peacefully also waiting. Nuh-uh: Turned left, disengaging, and hit the video button :(.

Second: On the Hilly Narrow Road with limited sight distance, no striping, and no vehicles in front of me for a change, 69.2.2 got smack-dab in the middle of the lane while approaching the crest of the hill. Disengaged and video. So, no different with this one than with 12.10, 69.2, or 69.2.2. Tesla has got to fix this.

The Nemesis hill with striping appearing only after going over the crest failed again. No surprise.

And, a new one: Single lane road approaches a blinking yellow traffic light where a road that I want to go in appears on the left. There's even a left turn lane that appears just before the light with arrows painted and all. I've complained before now that, on a left turn, FSD-b of whatever variant likes to turn to the right, blocking traffic, before turning left. Previous runs through this intersection ton 12.10 and 69.2 had improvement in this regard, I hoped.

Not this time. The car went to the right of the lane, so much so that it crossed over the stripe, gathered a honk and an emergency stop by the pickup-truck in the right lane which had to stop. The car also stopped (blinking yellow!) and then went left, creeping as it went.

I wish to heck and gone that this bizarre, even-student-drivers-know-better that pushes the car to the far right on a left turn bug would get removed. It's stupid, dangerous, and idiot. Hasn't anybody at Tesla noticed this by now?

On a slightly more positive note: Four-way stop, striped roads in all directions, view to the left is obscured because the commercial building on the left, about 100 feet from the intersection, extends itself right to the curb. (Yes, the sidewalk is blocked.) 12.10 has had a horrible time with this intersection. This time, no traffic around, particularly: 69.2.2 did creep out (could see the creep line) far enough to see, then went across at moderate acceleration.

I get the distinct impression that the side-view cameras are on the A-pillar, further back than a human, who would naturally crane forwards a bit to check for oncoming traffic. Hmm.. Wonder if a future version of the car might have a side-view camera further up on the chassis..

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan
On 10.69.2, when not using FSD Beta, there was sometimes dinging for green lights that weren’t my green light
Yeah, even with 10.69.2.2, I still see incorrect traffic light visualizations that are probably still using the old old "FSD Visualization Preview" code. Notably, the highlighted/brighter traffic lights should indicate it believes the traffic light is for your current lane, but indeed FSD Beta seems to ignore that or uses a different traffic light association behavior to decide whether to go or not as it correctly waits at an incorrect bright green and dim red visualized traffic lights. Presumably the chime not on FSD Beta is based on the "preview" predictions too.

I get the distinct impression that the side-view cameras are on the A-pillar, further back than a human, who would naturally crane forwards a bit to check for oncoming traffic. Hmm.. Wonder if a future version of the car might have a side-view camera further up on the chassis..
There's no shortage of seasoned testers who believe this could be required for anything Level 3+, current camera setup is fine for a Level 2 ADAS though

Ohhhhh. What am I looking for? 👀

Aside from him not holding the steering wheel often. That gives me anxiety. I keep both hands on the wheel to take over just in case.
I generally have my hands on my knees right next to the steering wheel or have my left arm on the arm rest and a couple fingers on the wheel. I've tried keeping my hands on the wheel and find it very difficult to do so without causing disengagements and/or rather tiring to hold my arms out without physically holding the wheel. When the car is doing a 'high risk' maneuver or one where I have a suspicion it will have difficulty I have my hands hovering over the wheel but physically can't do that all the time.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Has anyone experienced FSDb loudly pumping the brakes before? This morning on an unprotected left, while my car was waiting and watching oncoming traffic, it decided to start quickly depressing the brake and releasing it, causing a loud "thud" noise each time.

yea, that happens when FSDb is being indecisive of creeping vs standing still. So it basically lets go and slams the brake on it's own back to back. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen occasionally.

yea, that happens when FSDb is being indecisive of creeping vs standing still. So it basically lets go and slams the brake on it's own back to back. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen occasionally.

At the very least, I'm glad it decided against creeping. It was a bit of an unusual left, and immediately beyond the bounds of the turn lane is a lane of oncoming traffic:

1663782437951.png

• Informative
Reactions: momo3605
Just a matter of time until it happens to someone if people keep driving their cars this way. I'm not sure why Whole Mars is driving that way.
Omar has long been known to push the limits of what's acceptable both in terms of driver courtesy and safety in order to avoid interventions or disengagements.

It's harder to say without being in the car, but I can't say for sure I would have done differently if I was driving. The car was aiming for the left-most turn lane, following the truck which also appears to be heading for the same place but then stopped early to turn into the gas station causing FSD to stop early. There was clearly room to go around but in situations like that what generally happens is the lead car stops sooner than you're expecting and it takes a second for you to realize it's turning into the gas station and not at the light, then evaluate whether it's possible and safe to go around vs just waiting for the lead car to complete the turn and continue from there.

At the very least, I'm glad it decided against creeping. It was a bit of an unusual left, and immediately beyond the bounds of the turn lane is a lane of oncoming traffic:

View attachment 855246
yea the design of this intersection is probably different from the majority of front facing lefts that are fed into the NN (also arrow is in a non-standard location). Did it even follow the green arrow? Or was it treating this like an UPL?

Ok. I’m not FSD, but have enabled the green light chime. On any road where the left turning lane has its own light with arrow, and the two adjacent lanes on the right have their own lights? If I’m in the turning lane and the arrow goes green but the other two lights are red? I get no chime even though my screen clearly shows the arrow/light being green. Every time.

Just me?
You are not on FSD but post so much BS here ? Don’t you have a day job ?