Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed the navigation seems to have changed recently. It is now using U-turns and even using parking lots to turn around that I saw yesterday.

Here ... it actually did a u-turn. I didn't know it would - so didn't try it on Thursday where the navigation was showing u-turn. Will try it this week. Anyone saw u-turn working ?

I tried a relatively easy u-turn today and no joy: Nav had the path laid out correctly. FSDB observed traffic and wanted to go at the right time, but stopped with a message about not being able to complete maneuver and asked for assistance. I had to take over to make the turn.

So, I think the u-turn functionality is rather limited. Hopefully more capabilities to come with this weekend's expected update.

Last edited:
(You mean L'Enfant, not LaFonte.)

I have yet to do FSDb through Dupont Circle, but I have done it in other traffic circles and it sometimes does ok. I'd imagine that if it can get the lane changing correct, it will handle Dupont Circle just fine since as you note it has a bunch of traffic lights, greatly limiting the complexity of the 4 lane circle.
I have done Dupont and bunch of other circles too as I have to go thro Mass Ave to destinations in DC. It fails or too slow to my comfort level as locals know the circle well and zip thro them. For me to come back to my place I know exactly if i should stay inside or outside in those circles. I do not let FSD in my car do that as I don't want the 100k car hit by going so slow. I have tried both Mass Ave and Wisc Ave circles in FSDb but don't use it during rush hr.

I have done Dupont and bunch of other circles too as I have to go thro Mass Ave to destinations in DC. It fails or too slow to my comfort level as locals know the circle well and zip thro them. For me to come back to my place I know exactly if i should stay inside or outside in those circles. I do not let FSD in my car do that as I don't want the 100k car hit by going so slow. I have tried both Mass Ave and Wisc Ave circles in FSDb but don't use it during rush hr.
Yeah for most TCs I lightly press accel pedal to ensure it doesn’t randomly brake and it steers properly. Try it!

So it looks like Tesla might be more selective about accepting data uploads these days. Someone asked Chuck about the volume of uploads:

Checked my own uploads as well. Today I must have hit the snapshot button at least 10 times across a couple of drives, and less than 10 MB of data uploaded. Massive drop in upload traffic overall since Saturday:

Screenshot_20221024-202415-969.png

9 signals on this roundabout. What a mess especially when FSD tries to turn right on red to enter the roundabout which happened to me today. I pretty much assume 1 or more disengagements depending on which road I enter from when I approach this roundabout but figure Tesla can use the data.
Google Maps
Dupont Circle in Washington DC is the largest signalized in the world once upon a time. it takes 153 (including pedestrians) movements to make one cycle. DC has created an inner express circle for thru traffic on the main road, Mass Ave. One of many circles in DC. The traffic lights do alright in the DC circles. They are complicated by Avenues running at angles to the traditional NSEW roadways. LaFonte designed the DC streets for defensive purposes. I have not tried FSD through any of them yet.
I think some of these are so large - they aren't really roundabouts in the traditional sense.

Like the Connaught Place in Delhi (which now has traffic lights everywhere).

1666664212863.png

I noticed the last two days the car is going very fast on our narrow neighborhood street where cars are parked on one side and there is room for only one car to travel on this two way street. This is a T intersection and the car was creeping beyond Stop sign and started to make a left and went fast. There was an SUV in the opposite side. The car found a small nook in teg right side between parked cars and after the SUV drove by it came out and flew like it I was in Insane mode. It was only in Chill mode. Very impressive.
4698 Chestnut St

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
We just got back from Italy (I didn't see @Bouba , though). Our flight was late and I had to drive home at 1 AM. There was virtually no traffic, so I decided to let FSDb drive without intervening. It did fine with no disengagements, all the way home.

As to Italy, I can't recall seeing any multilane roundabouts, although I have seen them previously in Scotland and England. Simple roundabouts are everywhere though. Tesla has its work cut out before opening up FSDb to Europe.
FYI, Arizona has many roundabouts/traffic circles. Phoenix area as well as rural northern Az has frequent two lane circles with four exits and 45+ mph speed limit. Guess what speed is "traffic flow"!

Dupont Circle in Washington DC is the largest signalized in the world once upon a time. it takes 153 (including pedestrians) movements to make one cycle. DC has created an inner express circle for thru traffic on the main road, Mass Ave. One of many circles in DC. The traffic lights do alright in the DC circles. They are complicated by Avenues running at angles to the traditional NSEW roadways. LaFonte designed the DC streets for defensive purposes. I have not tried FSD through any of them yet.
FSD is a confused mess on DC's circles - especially with the unpredictability of cabs and tourists in cars. Fortunately, traffic is no where near how it was prior to COVID.

So it looks like Tesla might be more selective about accepting data uploads these days. Someone asked Chuck about the volume of uploads:

Checked my own uploads as well. Today I must have hit the snapshot button at least 10 times across a couple of drives, and less than 10 MB of data uploaded. Massive drop in upload traffic overall since Saturday:

View attachment 867203
Maybe 10.69.3 is such a major upgrade they don't need or want anymore data on the current architecture? Maybe will change back when .3 gets released? 🤞

Maybe 10.69.3 is such a major upgrade they don't need or want anymore data on the current architecture? Maybe will change back when .3 gets released? 🤞

I'm left wondering if they're switching over from manual snapshot triggers to targeted campaigns. Especially as FSD goes public, they probably don't want a clip from every time someone hits a button.

It's been close to two weeks since they appear to have uploaded any of my snapshots. I want them to see every time fsdb runs a particular stop sign. I was hopeful when the most recent revision had the car stop but it hasn't since then (I brake before entering the intersecting road at fsd's 12-15mph). Ignoring the other snapshots apparently too.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Sounds like Tesla has been prioritizing safety over other issues plus the huge increase in beta users warrants a little more filtering. They also need to reduce the California bias if they want something that performs well everywhere so maybe no worries if Californians are getting less video update love.

Reactions: FSDtester#1

View attachment 867203
I’m seeing the same thing. I used to upload 70 GB of data per week, and lately I’ve only been seeing 4 GB of data being sent.
That’s what I’m afraid of. Who needs data from the old cameras when you’re done working on them and ready to move on to HW4?

Question on Red Hand Violations.

I was running FSD and went to pass someone but I didn't totally disengage FSD. I dropped the steering for sure but not the cruise control portion. I exceeded the max speed passing and got the red hands to take over. I wasn't allowed to use FSD for the rest of the trip.

Did I get an FSD strike? I got no notice that I did. As soon as I restarted the car i had FSD for another 200 miles on my return trip. Actually AP and FSD were switching back and forth so I might have been in AP. Is that speed restricted?

Where do you find your strikes?

In the car, go to the menu item for Autopilot, and look for the section that talks about FSD strikes. If you have any, you'll find the count there. If you have none it will say so.

So far as I understand, FSD strikes are strictly for flunking the "pay attention" regime. The usual sequence is that it thinks you have not torqued the steering wheel sufficiently hard recently enough, and you get a tiny popup low in the left screen. The next step up is a sort of hazy blue horizon effect in the top portion of the same screen. It is not steady, but sort of pulsed--probably as a better way to get attention. The next step gets you a somewhat raucous audible alert, and a much more prominent message on that same screen. That is as far as I've gotten, but I assume the next stage corresponds to an actual strike, as I've not had one yet.

Yours was something else entirely, and happens to people who don't have FSD at all.

FYI checked again this evening, today marks 4 days straight without clips being uploaded from my car. The only other explanation I can come up with is that Tesla is uploading everything over LTE, but I can't imagine why they would do that.

It's kind of liberating knowing that Tesla may not be using my car for training data any more. I've already found myself only enabling FSDb in situations I know it can do well, instead of letting it try all challenging situations.

Question on Red Hand Violations.

I was running FSD and went to pass someone but I didn't totally disengage FSD. I dropped the steering for sure but not the cruise control portion. I exceeded the max speed passing and got the red hands to take over. I wasn't allowed to use FSD for the rest of the trip.

Did I get an FSD strike? I got no notice that I did. As soon as I restarted the car i had FSD for another 200 miles on my return trip. Actually AP and FSD were switching back and forth so I might have been in AP. Is that speed restricted?

In my case, in my refresh MSLR, I did not get any blue warning and the red hand pay attention warning was instantaneous and occurred only when the cabin was darker at night. After 5 such red hand warnings within 2 mins I got a Strike. I got two Strikes in few days. After that, I learnt not to engage AP at all after three such red hand pay attention warnings when driving in the evening. After I followed up with Tesla they seemed to have fixed through remote software fix. You will know when you got Strikes. See my screen. Yours is not at the Strike level. I wouldn't worry.PXL_20220925_232037833.jpgPXL_20220925_233507724.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
FYI checked again this evening, today marks 4 days straight without clips being uploaded from my car. The only other explanation I can come up with is that Tesla is uploading everything over LTE, but I can't imagine why they would do that.
Are you hitting the "FSDb report" button on the screen? (My understanding is that is what triggers the majority of the uploads, so if you don't report anything, very little is uploaded.)