Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, my last 9 trips have been zero disengagement. I expect the first trip today to be a zero disengagement as well, despite having two small roundabouts…. making it ten in a row ;)

It all depends on roundabouts. Yesterday in the multi lane roundabout FSDb worked because there was no vehicle from the left in one instance and a vehicle just passed in the other. In the smaller roundabouts, there was no vehicle behind, so I let it take it’s sweet time.
Well, I had 4 trips last night. The first one was zero disengagement - making it 10 in a row. At night - in rain, too !

Had one disengagement each in 2 of the trips. Both related to trying to take wrong lane. I think these were because of poor visibility in the dark and rain. One other trip had no disengagements. So, even in rain at night had 50% success.

I should say - it is a real challenge to figure out the lines at night. I can barely make out the lines - occasionally. I just can't see the lines most of the time. The line markings have faded a lot and at night when its raining, we can't see them. Most of us drive using cues from other cars, memory of the lanes and occasional visibility of lines. Tesla vision does remarkably well given these conditions.

BTW, I did a "super clean" of my windshield (both inside and outside) and visibility has never been better. I used the process described here ...

Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future
Now we're talkin'.........class action lawsuit..........

The majority of people don't ever look at settings on the car. I have several colleagues who have model Ys, X,s and Ss. When I discuss Tesla with them and ask them about a feature, they look at me funny. They bought a fast, fun to drive EV. They don't pay attention to the fact there are tons of settings in the car to play with. One guy didn't even realize his X had air suspension that he could control himself. Blew his mind when I raised and lowered his car.

Now - Tesla opens FSD Beta to anyone that wants it (and has FSD purchased or subscription). People still have to go into Settings, then Autopilot, then request FSD Beta access, then wait for the software to download, then go back into Settings and enable FSD Beta, and set up all the AP, NoA, and FSD settings.

It's not going to be the disaster some of you think it will be, with 70 year old grandmas engaging FSD Beta "on accident" while driving around and slamming into things.

I had few drives after 69.2.4 during the day and evening. The night time cabin camera issue seemed to have been fixed at least during a drive at night. Did not get instantaneous red hand alert while I'm FSDb. Only time will tell if that is a permanent fix.
About the drives:

The car is confident on turns and stopping for the red light is still an abrupt stop and ahead of the white stop line. With the result it blocked the crosswalk and I had to reverse my car. Felt awkward when all the other cars were properly stopped.

Car turned quickly to the right lane while it could see the cars on the main cross road were turning right to the street I was on. I just nudged and it was fine. Cars come very fast on these winding roads.

Bells Mill Rd to Seven locks Road

In another intersection, it turned on the left turn signal as it is supposed to but stayed on the current lane as it was a solid line and not a dashed line. It should have quickly moved to the left lane when it was dashed line but missed it. So I disengaged and and then reengaged right after I went to the left lane for turn. But the car made an amazing left turn after finding a quick break with the oncoming cars. But the lane confusion is there between the dashed line and solid line when it is delaying a decision.

Seven Locks Rd to Bradley Blvd

Now - Tesla opens FSD Beta to anyone that wants it (and has FSD purchased or subscription). People still have to go into Settings, then Autopilot, then request FSD Beta access, then wait for the software to download, then go back into Settings and enable FSD Beta, and set up all the AP, NoA, and FSD settings.
And acknowledge that it's beta software and you alone are responsible for everything it does........

If you can't control what it does don't take that responsibility.........

It's not going to be the disaster some of you think it will be, with 70 year old grandmas engaging FSD Beta "on accident" while driving around and slamming into things.
Hey, I resent that, us (almost) 70-year-old folks can slam into things on our own just fine........
Reminds me we are now basically ruled by our mother-in-laws (and F-I-Ls). Almost everyone with power in the government is in their 70s .... and some who are not in their 70s ..... are in their 80s ;)

Last edited:
All were near the edge. One was almost fixable but the tire shop didn't want to tear out the noise reducing foam to repair it.

Ah that sucks. That reminds me my first two nails was right in the middle but the tire shop (America’s tire/Discount tire) had no problem fixing them. They definitely had to tear out the foam and reattach them. The third one was also in the middle, but it’s also right next to a previous patch… ah my luck.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
onto the curb both wheels then back to street. front and rear rims got some nice deep gashes and the rear rim has a very slight depression. Got the red steering wheel and it gave up. Right now Im missing dinner at 1900edt to get thrm fixed for $220. I'll be retiring this car as soon as I can acquire an Ioniq 6.

Tried an experimental feature, failed to supervise and blame it on the car. Hope you have other reason to justify the switch. Otherwise your solution is simply turning off the experimental feature.

Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future
Accidents happen in split seconds ONLY if one is not paying attention to the road , and the behavior of the surrounding vehicles & drivers.

Tried an experimental feature, failed to supervise and blame it on the car. Hope you have other reason to justify the switch. Otherwise your solution is simply turning off the experimental feature.
Yes, if memory serves, isn't there a button in the settings that allow you to turn off fsd? Also, I can't remember the last time fsd turned on by itself. I have to double press the right yolk button....I could be wrong. My wife says I am about everything, so the jury is still out 🙄

Hey, I resent that, us (almost) 70-year-old folks can slam into things on our own just fine........
lol. I just don't slam into things in my car. I prefer my road bicycle. Now waiting to try out 10.69.2.4 until I heal up a bit more after my crash. :)
They once asked a pro cyclist what it's like crashing on a descent. His reply- get in the back of a pick up truck and jump out of the truck when you reach 50mph.

Fortunately I wasn't going that fast but fast enough!

Last edited:
Decent drive today. Appreciate the earlier slowing for future stop. Still disengaging at most intersections and when have to get out of near the middle of the road. Slight jerky move to the right before a left hand turn but still much better and no longer deadly swing right. Did have one out of the blue sudden red hands beeping phantom braking—that was not fun.

• Informative
lol. I just don't slam into things in my car. I prefer my road bicycle. Now waiting to try out 10.69.2.4 until I heal up a bit more after my crash. :)
They once asked a pro cyclist what it's like crashing on a descent. His reply- get in the back of a pick up truck and jump out of the truck when you reach 50mph.

Fortunately I wasn't going that fast but fast enough!
I keep an open mind about that experience on my Trek Rail 9.9 electric mountain bike. I have laid it down but no crashes at speed on descent........yet.......but then my technical riding is not exactly heroic.........

69.2.4 hasn’t really improved anything noticeable for me. Still having phantom signal issues (as well as not signaling for lane changes to turn lanes and only signaling 50ft before a turn), blowing through certain stop signs, and stopping where there are no stop signs (like on a freeway bridge that is parallel over another road). Turning right on green via a right turn only lane divided by a median is also a massive fail usually. Anyone else see these issues improving or is this to be expected for many more updates?