Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And this was arguably very suboptimal. The young pedestrian was cautious, had good eye contact, and began to take a step. I'm pretty sure any safe human driver would wait longer. The vehicle's displayed mph never struck 0 so no surprise he didn't step out in front of the vehicle.

Not only a human driver would wait longer, you should not go at all, you have no right of way here. Clearly the pedestrian just was unsure the approaching car would stop so he was cautious about stepping out. He wasn't waiting, he was worried. And for good reason because Chuck/FSD actually did drive as he stepped off the curb. Poor on FSD and Chuck there.

Maybe NAP is something you shouldn't be doing behind the wheel??
then how does a car self drive unless you give it a DESTINATION??? I put in an address, it calculates the route, double click and I get the blue lines.
Maybe NAP is something you shouldn't be doing behind the wheel??

But you did accept entry into what is clearly identified as an early release Beta program. None of this has been dropped in to the production software.
I had NO TIME to prevent what happened.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
then how does a car self drive unless you give it a DESTINATION??? I put in an address, it calculates the route, double click and I get the blue lines.

It's a joke, there is no such Tesla-related acronym as NAP. If you didn't have control you shouldn't be using FSD-beta. But post the big video and let's talk. And remember, happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length...........

Reactions: FSDtester#1
From videos, I'm not really seeing any improvement in 69.3's lane selection. If anything, it's a regression.

I wonder if the autoregressive grammar approach is flawed. The grammar thing seems too overly focused on intersections, so 69.3 is making lots of stupid lane decisions when it's not within 20 feet of an intersection.

You seem to have a different version than the rest of us or your cameras have serious issues and need to be replaced in your vehicle.

Also there is no way I’m not intervening before my car drives into a curb and destroys my rims. You’re not paying attention properly if you can’t hit the brakes immediately to stop a poor behavior by the car.

Without video of any of the things you’ve claimed it’s just really not believable.

Once you've entered your destination, turned on Autopilot, and are on the highway, make sure this button is blue (just tap it if you're not sure):

jj0bzkyfguw81.jpg

Just came back from my first drive on 10.69.2.4. Unlike other folks, it was better for me. In particular:
  • It no longer false indicates when going round a bend in the road. On the route I drove today it previously always indicated at four different points. Today no false indicating!
  • There is an intersection where the road makes a 90deg bend just before a stop sign. In the past it *always* stopped before the bend, and then would blow through the stop sign about 50% of the time. Today was the first time it went round the bend then stopped at the correct place.
There are other issues, but not new, so won't go into them.

So for me at least, on this one trip to the store and back, it was better than 2.3.

So personally I'm going to try an experiment where I don't hit the snapshot button and see whether any clips get uploaded.

Update on this experiment. I have abstained from pressing the snapshot button all week, and just about the same amount of data is going to Tesla as last week (didn't drive much mid-week).

Screenshot_20221103-225507-703.png

So my conclusion is, if you don't like pressing the snapshot button, you probably don't need to bother with it.

This makes no sense, Why don't you post your settings to see if we can help.
We definitely also need to see the TeslaCam videos and the post-mortem wheel pics! Sounds like quite an exciting event.

One thing FSD does not do is move too quickly to react in time. (Except for occasional steering corrections at speed, which is why you need a firm grip on the wheel.)

It's a joke, there is no such Tesla-related acronym as NAP. If you didn't have control you shouldn't be using FSD-beta. But post the big video and let's talk. And remember, happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length...........
I thought NAP meant navigate on autopilot. Can't upload the video......too large for this web application

You seem to have a different version than the rest of us or your cameras have serious issues and need to be replaced in your vehicle.

Also there is no way I’m not intervening before my car drives into a curb and destroys my rims. You’re not paying attention properly if you can’t hit the brakes immediately to stop a poor behavior by the car.

Without video of any of the things you’ve claimed it’s just really not believable.
Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future

A brief test on 10.69.2.4, my side street is under construction, and poles are erected near the entrance; when FSDb approached the junction and was about to make the left turn; it swerved to the right lane, apparently those poles on the left are obstacles to FSDb :). I disengaged and took over, constructions are still a challenge, sometimes it failed, and sometimes it worked but way too slowly.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Well I just tried to do a short stop sign test. After the 2nd stop sign it drove up on the curb and caused nasty scars on the right side of the car and very slightly bent my rear rim. I got the red steering wheel. I can't upload the video because it's too big. So in effect (moderator edit) FSD and (moderator edit) Elon. I am NEVER using FSD beta again. 2 more rims I have to get fixed AGAIN
Wait - what exact test were you doing ? The whole point was to see how long FSD will wait before starting to go again. Why would you let it hit the curb ?

Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future
Definitely something Tesla is aware of ... and will release only when they are confident. Afterall we have had more than 35 millions of miles driven on FSDb without lots of reports of accidents. With usual accident rate of 1 small accident per 10k miles, we'd expect by now FSDb to have caused thousands of accidents.

ps : upload the video to youtube and post the link here.

Last edited: