Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what NAP is but using FSD/FSD-b with NOA I have in 55k miles never had an exit not taken. Maybe you got the Robert Frost version........
it almost NEVER takes the exit and I have the latest 10.69.2.4. I highly doubt this .3 fix will be so great. In the computer world I worked major fixes to code or a product never got this many levels of revision code. If a product had major improvements it went from version 1.4 to 1.5

describe your commute. my trip today would've been about 10 stop signs and a jiggly left and right turn. expressway is one thing. driving through neighborhoods with stop signs and such is harder
About 18 highway miles (nearly perfect NOA) and 4 miles of city snd suburb driving (mixed results, mostly involving bad map data and poor lane selection).

Reactions: FSDtester#1
FSD Beta 10.69.3 doesn't see just inches ahead of the 3 front cameras! 😜

View attachment 870814

Probably occupancy network programmed to ignore things a certain distance above the road surface. Although it should be straightforward to test with someone pulling the tree branch lower and lower until visualized.
I bet you could easily design an obstacle course that a human could do but tricks up FSD Beta. Low overhanging trees, thin wires, thin vertical & horizontal poles, thin gates across the road, small but deep potholes and chunks of concrete, periodic objects like someone twirling a long 2x4, an obvious landslide that will intersect your path. All things that can damage the car. I'll bet a driver could see and figure them out but FSD Beta won't. Not sure that proves a lot at this stage as we know it's not perfect. Would be interesting to see its detection and response limits.

onto the curb both wheels then back to street. front and rear rims got some nice deep gashes and the rear rim has a very slight depression. Got the red steering wheel and it gave up. Right now Im missing dinner at 1900edt to get thrm fixed for $220. I'll be retiring this car as soon as I can acquire an Ioniq 6.
Sad, and clearly not a thing in the world you could have done. And it's a shame the video is too big. Those big videos always cause trouble. Must have occurred over an extended big time period. Have you thought about a class action lawsuit?

All ADAS features rely pretty heavily on GPS accuracy. I'd be curious if MJ's GPS is accurate - if they zoomed in on the car, is it perfectly in the lane on the map where it should be? Some people have had minor and major GPS issues (even just a little off the road), and they have all sorts of issues including jerky steering, phantom braking, and incorrect turns as the maps tell the car to turn now and the car doesn't see where it can turn and starts panicking.

I just don't remember 69.2 consistently seeing oncoming cars through lead cars like that
I wonder if Objects network had been carrying over some of its training data that included human labeled individual frames? Switching over to raw with 10.69.3 probably allowed for fresh fully autolabeled data even for partially visible / mostly occluded objects that human annotation might have skipped over?
  • Upgraded the Object Detection network to photon count video streams and retrained all parameters with the latest autolabeled datasets (with a special emphasis on low visibility scenarios).
Low visibility / challenging scenarios presented at AI Day included occluded situations although the example was with lanes:

dark-foggy-occluded-rainy-jpg.861750

And this was arguably very suboptimal. The young pedestrian was cautious, had good eye contact, and began to take a step. I'm pretty sure any safe human driver would wait longer. The vehicle's displayed mph never struck 0 so no surprise he didn't step out in front of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan D.
Let's face it, it doesn't work. I had a Tesla mobile tech here a while ago and I described how FSD NAP does NOT take exits and he concurred. And he was driving a brand new model lS

Let's face it, it doesn't work. I had a Tesla mobile tech here a while ago and I described how FSD NAP does NOT take exits and he concurred. And he was driving a brand new model lS
This makes no sense, Why don't you post your settings to see if we can help.

it almost NEVER takes the exit and I have the latest 10.69.2.4. I highly doubt this .3 fix will be so great. In the computer world I worked major fixes to code or a product never got this many levels of revision code. If a product had major improvements it went from version 1.4 to 1.5
But you did accept entry into what is clearly identified as an early release Beta program. None of this has been dropped in to the production software.