Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my biggest concern right now… not new, it’s been happening for several releases now. i’m on 2022.69.2.4. two two lane roads
intersecting, the road i’m on has a stop sign, the intersecting road does not. upon stopping, the car begins to creep forward and continues to do so as cars approach from either or both directions. my concern? it’s obvious my car can not go without getting hit!! yet it continues to creep closer to or into the intersection thereby freaking the oncoming drivers out! yes, and before someone asks 🙂 i disengage every time!!

Post the video. Fortunately this is easy. People would definitely be interested in seeing it, and every curb strike should be publicized, since drivers need to be aware of the situations where it can occur. To be clear: FSD Beta can certainly still hit curbs (even though it has never even come close to happening to me).

In general, by default, I believe what people post here (though sometime their perception of actual events can be off, it is not intentional - for example your confusion over not actually engaging NOA could be an example of this). In your case, nothing you have said recently leads me to believe anything that you claim happened actually happened.

But, a little evidence goes a long way to getting rid of doubts.

Post the video. Fortunately this is easy. People would definitely be interested in seeing it, and every curb strike should be publicized, since drivers need to be aware of the situations where it can occur. To be clear: FSD Beta can certainly still hit curbs (even though it has never even come close to happening to me).

In general, by default, I believe what people post here (though sometime their perception of actual events can be off, it is not intentional - for example your confusion over not actually engaging NOA could be an example of this). In your case, nothing you have said recently leads me to believe anything that you claim happened actually happened.

But, a little evidence goes a long way to getting rid of doubts.
See if you can view this...too much sunlight https://youtu.be/-hE_5kRohiI

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Can't make out very well - but looks like the lane you are turning into has a divider and the car hit went over the divider ?

Anyway, without capturing the visualization at the same time noone can tell whether FSDb was even on. So, we'll just have to take your word for it.

ps : A lot of things could have happened, including disengagement at the last second without you noticing (if you were holding the wheel) or FSDb actually hitting the curb.

Ok let me make it crystal clear....
On NOA it DOES NOT take exits Tesla mobile guy on Thursday said it happens to him
Its kind of difficult to make out what you are saying.

Nobody believes you because it works for ALL of us ! Who cares whether some weird Tesla Mobile guy says it doesn't or not. It works for half a million or so users of Tesla !

Ofcourse, NOA is not perfect. Occasionally it misses taking exits. That is quite different from your claim that "it does not take exits". I mean, how can you be so naïve anyway - do you think when Tesla is minutely scrutinized people won't notice a glaring problem on half a million cars thats been working for a few years now ?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Can't make out very well - but looks like the lane you are turning into has a divider and the car hit went over the divider ?

Anyway, without capturing the visualization at the same time noone can tell whether FSDb was even on. So, we'll just have to take your word for it.

ps : A lot of things could have happened, including disengagement at the last second without you noticing (if you were holding the wheel) or FSDb actually hitting the curb.
We don't even know if he has FSD on his car and enabled correctly let alone whether FSD is turned on for this drive.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Well I just tried to do a short stop sign test. After the 2nd stop sign it drove up on the curb and caused nasty scars on the right side of the car and very slightly bent my rear rim. I got the red steering wheel. I can't upload the video because it's too big. So in effect (moderator edit) FSD and (moderator edit) Elon. I am NEVER using FSD beta again. 2 more rims I have to get fixed AGAIN
MJ...,

Ouch! Mine scared me at first about how it might clip the curb when it swerved into a left turn lane. I posted a query and several responses said they had had wheel damage, so be careful. Finally I managed to watch in the side view mirror and saw it missed by 18 inches or so. But like they said, we gotta be very careful with beta.

Anyway, I am sorry your car misbehaved and hurt itself.

The sun glare in the video is pretty bad - it's kind of amazing the car saw the stop sign at all! But that curb should have been visible to the right side pillar cam too. Maybe it too was glare blinded.

As for you not intervening to prevent it, the curb was out of your view well before the impact, and you probably had the same glare problems. It is hard to see, but that curb looks like a center divider of some sort. A strange lane configuration?

Thanks for the video, that really cleared up the confusion. Please forgive the folks on here who did not glean your sarcasm about lying. They spend a lot of time in these and other forums where trolls sometimes do lurk. I would remind them, as you have, the novice social media users and novice FSDβ, NoA, AP, and other alphabet soup sippers as well come here to share experiences and learn. We don't all know the lingo or posting tech.

Finally, there is no shame in giving up on FSDβ. I enjoy working helping Tesla improve it, and seeing how amazing it already is. But I have yet to recommend that any of my friends try it out. It just ain't ready, yet.

I, for one, am hopeful that it will become a useful feature. I recall the original Apple II "home" computer - it was released in May of 1977, and was basically a pretty useless, but fun curiosity untill it bacame a vital business tool in October of '79 when VisiCalc launched the first spreadsheet program. It wasn't till '91 that the web was created and really changed the world. Now my wristwatch can do all that and more. So seeing my car drive like a stoned (think 420) teenager gives me confidence that we will see FSD become useful before too long. As for Optimus, yeah, that will change the world yet again.

SW

Sorry that happened to you.

Difficult to intervene when holding a camera - use a mount! Did you capture a dash cam clip? (For the stop sign pause test, this would have been more than sufficient.)

If it isn’t personally identifying, perhaps you could provide Google pin location of this exact location? It’s hard to tell exactly what happened and the intersection layout.

A lot of things could have happened, including disengagement at the last second without you noticing (if you were holding the wheel) or FSDb actually hitting the curb

We don't even know if he has FSD on his car and enabled correctly let alone whether FSD is turned on for this drive.

It looks like FSD Beta was clearly engaged through the collision. Let’s not be so doubtful of people here. As I said, most people are being honest here (and those that are not are obvious - this is not one of those “obvious” cases). I only assumed this was a lie when it was explicitly stated to be one (from the reply it was not obviously a sarcastic one). Clearly not a lie.

ADE97697-FF13-4CAB-B691-E006C09F22F5.png
3BFBF825-9033-4ABC-8E4D-278ED70A528F.png

Last edited:
My new prediction: given 10.69.2.4 is now on main version ending in .19, and there's a 2022.40.x branch gaining steam, and all the other related Tesla Numerology and Musk's penchant for making juvenile jokes with anything numeric... the wide release to existing beta users for 10.69.3.x will have main version number 2022.40.20 😁

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Sorry that happened to you.

Difficult to intervene when holding a camera - use a mount! Did you capture a dash cam clip? (For the stop sign pause test, this would have been more than sufficient.)

If it isn’t personally identifying, perhaps you could provide Google pin location of this exact location? It’s hard to tell exactly what happened and the intersection layout.

It looks like FSD Beta was clearly engaged through the collision. Let’s not be so doubtful of people here. As I said, most people are being honest here (and those that are not are obvious - this is not one of those “obvious” cases). I only assumed this was a lie when it was explicitly stated to be one (from the reply it was not obviously a sarcastic one). Clearly not a lie.

View attachment 871851View attachment 871852
Thank you. I'll see if I can pull the video from USB. I was kinda shaken up and never thought to press the icon to send to Dojo or Mojo or whatever
I'd appreciate any help if you could tell me how to make some photos I took of my car info. I'm not on Twitter, Instagram or Tik. Just figuered how to post to YT so I've managed to accomplish that much. BTW the car has done this path at least a dozen times before

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
my biggest concern right now… not new, it’s been happening for several releases now. i’m on 2022.69.2.4. two two lane roads
intersecting, the road i’m on has a stop sign, the intersecting road does not. upon stopping, the car begins to creep forward and continues to do so as cars approach from either or both directions. my concern? it’s obvious my car can not go without getting hit!! yet it continues to creep closer to or into the intersection thereby freaking the oncoming drivers out! yes, and before someone asks 🙂 i disengage every time!!
Does it display the creep limit line on visualization? Is that line out too far, or is it crossing beyond the creep limit line?

Yes, handheld phone video .... thats awful.

For anyone reading this .... do NOT try to capture the video using a handheld phone. Mount it. Just too dangerous.

At intersections, esp. when turning I always have both my hands on the wheel ready to take over instantaneously if things don't look good ....

Stopping for traffic is much smoother now instead of harsh braking later, also it is more confident and doesn’t brake unnecessarily when other cars are merging into the direction of travel far ahead of me. I started to notice it stopped 1-2 feet in front of the line in the red light, clearly ahead of cars in other lanes.
Yeah, I had noticed and posted about that too. This evening the car was coming fast and there was a crosswalk with people ready to cross and I disengaged my AP quickly and applied brake so that it can stop behind the white lines. the other cars were behind the white line.

Last edited:
Dojo or Mojo
I call it Fauxjo.
I'd appreciate any help if you could tell me how to make some photos I took of my car info.
If you have pictures on your phone or computer it is easy, just press the picture button or attach the files to any post.

But your video clearly shows you have FSD beta and it was engaged.

Probably you don’t have NOA automatically enabled, not sure.

Anyway the main thing now is to go to Google Maps, create a pin, copy the link, and post it here, for this intersection. It’s not clear what happened and the details of the location are helpful.

Last edited: