Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s going to be interesting to see when that happens. In theory it is basically happening on this next release (nor fleet wide obviously, just to anyone who wants it), though Tesla may be delaying so that more people get the .40 release so they once again don’t get upgraded to FSD Beta at .36, to limit exposure. (Haha…probably not…just not ready quite yet…maybe this weekend.)
Tesla may still want people to ask for beta and then to enable it etc. That way, they can say anyone who has bought FSD and wants beta can get it, while limiting to people who atleast put in a little effort.

Tesla may still want people to ask for beta and then to enable it etc. That way, they can say anyone who has bought FSD and wants beta can get it, while limiting to people who atleast put in a little effort.
Yes I think that is definitely going to be how it works - this is not wide release after all.

Anyway TSLA stock seems to be pricing in imminent wide release of FSD Beta to those who request it (not to be confused with wide release!).

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 2101Guy and BBTX
I can’t say for sure if FSD would have entered the traffic lane or not. I suspect it wouldn’t have but its actions were enough to confuse/concern the other driver so in that sense it was a fail. Regardless I ended up disengaging.
I see this frequently in similar situations to what you described. The creeping leaves me uncertain what the car might do in the next instant, and it clearly worries oncoming drivers. It needs to wait politely--and still--until the way is safe, and then move decisively.

Reactions: ironwill96
I see this frequently in similar situations to what you described. The creeping leaves me uncertain what the car might do in the next instant, and it clearly worries oncoming drivers. It needs to wait politely--and still--until the way is safe, and then move decisively.
But, even to see if it is safe to enter, it has to creep.

May be instead of having the creeping limit, so far out right at the edge of the perpendicular lane, they should have it a couple of feet from where they draw the blue wall now. People like to have a good amount of clearance when they drive.

ps : I wonder, what is that distance from the lane edge that would make other drivers feel safe - 2 ft, 5 ft ?

Last edited:
No it doesn't.

Just has to go to the right spot. Stopping at the stop sign is probably technically required, but it shouldn't creep to the next line, it should just go there and stop. Then go. Nothing else required for visibility.

Last edited:
Did some driving today on 69.2.4 including the turn I tried with .3 and posted a photo above. This time it did make the turn but started late, braked hard, and threatened the curb. Coming back out of the road onto rt 1 was a farce as the car positioned itself in the start of the oncoming left lane before entering rt 1 and then spent a lot of time in the breakdown lane just to prove it did not understand the whole intersection.

Don’t know how people get these no-intervention drives. I can’t use FSDb on local undivided roads while they are other cars around since it places the car too far left. Intersections are mostly ok but some are complete fails.

Interesting event today. Came to the end of navigation on an undivided road which I put in as a waypoint. Car slowed and nearly stopped at the marked intersection and I expected the car would come to a complete stop. I reached over to the screen to find the continue button and the car accelerated rapidly and made a sudden right turn at the intersection without signaling. I let the turn complete but braked to a full stop as soon as the car was fully out of the intersection. WTF was that?

Twice car thought it should go around cars parked at a light, once left and once right, when there was no room or reason.

A few instances of dramatic phantom breaking only made worse by my hovering right foot go pedal response to avoid getting rear ended.
FSD wants to go with an approaching car 100 feet away going 40mph.
Probably my most often override condition at intersections. Car needs to let the plan play out instead of threatening crossing traffic unnecessarily.

Overall more capable and smoother but certainly not without interventions and a little panic.

Reactions: 2101Guy

May be instead of having the creeping limit, so far out right at the edge of the perpendicular lane, they should have it a couple of feet from where they draw the blue wall now. People like to have a good amount of clearance when they drive.

ps : I wonder, what is that distance from the lane edge that would make other drivers feel safe - 2 ft, 5 ft ?
No, see my post above. There are certainly times where one needs to creep out but often it’s unnecessary. In my case there was absolutely no benefit to creeping out.

Anybody else notice FSD Beta 10.69 behaving differently in freezing/slippery conditions? This morning, multiple times (although not every time) accelerating at the front with no lead vehicle for a green light was very slow / safe. The power meter at the top would barely go past the end of "CHILL" (the acceleration mode -- although snowflake icon was showing and FSD Beta driving is also set to Chill too), and every 5mph increment would take nearly 3 seconds, so getting up to 25mph took almost 15 seconds.

It was actively snowing although not yet enough to accumulate on the ground. I did hear traction control (?) or ABS (?) kick in at various points during the trip although I don't think I saw any yellow indicators on screen and not during these green light situations, which I suppose is the point of slow acceleration to avoid slipping.

• Informative
Reactions: VanFriscia
What I noticed this morning which was sort of annoying was that the FSDb wouldn’t engage at all when the road surface was WET but when it was NOT raining at all. That doesn’t make much sense and if the cars won’t drive/work in that scenario what good will it be?

FSDb wouldn’t engage at all when the road surface was WET but when it was NOT raining at all
Autopilot team is well aware of current limitations of the trained networks and can be extra safe / cautious by preventing usage of FSD Beta and fall back to "plain Autopilot" functionality that has less capability but known safety characteristics in poor weather. I remember FSD Beta 10.3 would happily activate in wet nighttime conditions and suddenly swerve into oncoming lanes, and versions soon after that would prevent activation. It's not too surprising if this is the type of camera data neural networks need to process:
rain-jpg.725392

FSD Beta 10.69.3 release notes first entry specifically mentions "with a special emphasis on low visibility scenarios," so it'll be interesting if people will be able to keep FSD Beta active longer in wet conditions with still good driving behavior.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Did some driving today on 69.2.4 including the turn I tried with .3 and posted a photo above. This time it did make the turn but started late, braked hard, and threatened the curb. Coming back out of the road onto rt 1 was a farce as the car positioned itself in the start of the oncoming left lane before entering rt 1 and then spent a lot of time in the breakdown lane just to prove it did not understand the whole intersection.

Don’t know how people get these no-intervention drives. I can’t use FSDb on local undivided roads while they are other cars around since it places the car too far left. Intersections are mostly ok but some are complete fails.

Interesting event today. Came to the end of navigation on an undivided road which I put in as a waypoint. Car slowed and nearly stopped at the marked intersection and I expected the car would come to a complete stop. I reached over to the screen to find the continue button and the car accelerated rapidly and made a sudden right turn at the intersection without signaling. I let the turn complete but braked to a full stop as soon as the car was fully out of the intersection. WTF was that?

Twice car thought it should go around cars parked at a light, once left and once right, when there was no room or reason.

A few instances of dramatic phantom breaking only made worse by my hovering right foot go pedal response to avoid getting rear ended.

Probably my most often override condition at intersections. Car needs to let the plan play out instead of threatening crossing traffic unnecessarily.

Overall more capable and smoother but certainly not without interventions and a little panic.
My problem is there is a large tree and some bushes obstructing the view so the current camera locations make it difficult. I'm not sure the car see's far enough to safely pull out all the time. This will especially be a problem during the winter if there is any snow on the road. FSD won't able to compensate with higher acceleration.

Eh. That's highly variable as a function of intersection geometry, parked trucks, hedges, and so forth. Some intersections are very clear and open with no need to creep.

In any case, once oncoming traffic--especially from the left (in LHD countries)--is visible, creeping should cease since it'll create doubt in approaching drivers. Creeping is for when one (human or AI) thinks it's clear, but needs a bit more visibility to be certain.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Using FSDb in slippery or otherwise inclement weather is foolish. FSDb tends to brake late and hard and I’ve seen no indication that it makes any adjustments for road conditions.

I tried using it once in the snow last winter in a location with no other traffic. The ABS system activated and it slid all the way through an intersection then continued happily on its way. One would think that would be enough to disengage the system!