Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the concept of FSD, but do have to admit playing whack-a-mole with all the nags sometimes becomes more work than just driving manually ...
Definitely / always easier to drive manually than playing with FSD, except for at traffic light stops. Engaging FSD and tuning out until the car is moving is very nice in my opinion.

I'll consider it wide release when my car (currently on 2022.40.4.1) can get it. At the moment, it looks like the roughly 50% of cars on 2022.40.X cannot get the FSD Beta
Good to do a soft reset, switch back and forth between advanced and standard...
Tap that advanced button... check teslafi... you and everyone else should be getting it now

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex
How is it a "novelty sucker buy"? Good Lord people - the car drives itself! My car gets on the freeway, off the freeway, makes left turns, right turns, changes lanes, navigates 4-way stops, all with me just having my hands resting on the wheel. Yes, it makes mistakes from time to time, selecting the wrong lane or hesitating on a turn. But holy s%^t, the car drives by itself!
Agreed, I was leaving a pre Thanksgiving party last night after having a couple adult beverages. Someone asked in front of some others if I had too much to drink. I jokingly replied, can't speak for me, but my MS doesn't drink.
They all looked confused, so I put 4 in the car and showed them fsd.
One said he understood my joke after the short no disengagement drive.
I did used fsd coincidentally for the drive home. No interventions or disengagements.
Happy Thanksgiving all !
Even to you @PACEMD and @Ramphex !!

This is why I stopped going to this thread. Just endless debates about FSD mostly from people who have never used it. Nothing to help FSD drivers help each other which is what TMC is supposedly for.

Mods you have really fallen down on the job.
I am guilty for ot posts. We could do a better job, including myself.
But not today, I have a traditional Thanksgiving party at the in laws, so heading to my outside bar right now to prepare.
Will be back on topic tomorrow, or whenever the hangover subsides.

Last edited:
This is why I stopped going to this thread. Just endless debates about FSD mostly from people who have never used it. Nothing to help FSD drivers help each other which is what TMC is supposedly for.

There’s not much help to offer on this topic. FSD team doesn’t communicate anything so 90% of the stuff here are pure speculations and stories about different experiences with different subversions on different days. The other 10% is all the same advice: “Try soft restarting the car”, “try hard restarting the car”, “try recalibrating the cameras”, “ try holding your belly button, while holding both scroll wheels, while holding the brake pedal, while saying ‘Elon you are god and Tesla is the best’”

I am guilty for ot posts. We could do a better job, including myself.
But not today, I have a traditional Thanksgiving party at the in laws, so heading to my outside bar right now to prepare.
Will be back ot tomorrow, or whenever the hangover subsides.
Gee, thanks for the invite 😢

How is it a "novelty sucker buy"? Good Lord people - the car drives itself! My car gets on the freeway, off the freeway, makes left turns, right turns, changes lanes, navigates 4-way stops, all with me just having my hands resting on the wheel. Yes, it makes mistakes from time to time, selecting the wrong lane or hesitating on a turn. But holy s%^t, the car drives by itself!

True to an extent. FSDb is capable of driving itself from moment to moment.

But the "car drives by itself?" No.

Perhaps you should create a thread with that title. Why do FSD drivers need to help each other with something that is full self driving?

I keep looking at social media and folks are raving about how amazing it is. Going by that, Elon is seeing only encouragement to release it sooner rather than later. Are these people who drive like lunatics and see a kindred spirit in FSD? Have they just reported problems on their few routes so early and so often that their drives are well-represented in the training data? Is there some kind of variance in camera installation that causes some percentage of cars to provide sub-par behavior? I actually did a camera recalibration recently to see if it would make any difference. I didn't notice any.
Ditto.
Took the new version out this morning (after taking nearly 24 hrs to install) and it was dare I say near amazing. Not perfect. But the best build so far, and the most improved over over a previous build to be sure.

Second drive later in the day wasn't "quite" as good; but different route and challenges.

It's a lot more confident and a lot more aggressive. As some have said maybe too much for some as others have stated. It's a "little" too much for me but I'll take it.

It actually drives like someone who's had their license a little while instead of a brand new driver. MUCH improved.

Still fails in areas where other builds did as well; but handles it much better.

I can live with this version for a while instead of wanting the next one the same day I get it - like prior builds.
Well marked city streets?

Yes .... problem is mods will not ban obvious trolls who always derail threads.

Still, its better now than it was a few months back.

I just found this thread and love it. Endless debate is how we learn.

I have Beta and it seriously sucks. This seems like as good a place as any to resolve the positive reports I see with my own experiences.

Of course, I'm looking at this from an investor's perspective. I only bought Beta so I could judge the financial impact the tech will have on TSLA.

Last edited:

I am going to go ahead and predict this thread will soon double, given the rollout and how amazingly good 3.1 is... and how it isn't perfect as well. But... calling the thread after 10.69 means that it doesn't have much of a future, just two more weeks. Sad.

There is a wide left turn (no lines, and then many new lanes) from 85S off-ramp onto De Anza going towards Cupertino. FSDb 69.2.4 could not navigate it, last night at 2AM it did it with no problem at all. (Wakanda Forever started at 10:30 and is well named).

Yes .... problem is mods will not ban obvious trolls who always derail threads.

Still, its better now than it was a few months back.
Yea, just cancel everyone who says anything off topic so we can legit just talk about the same thing in circles.

At the end of the day, Tesla will do whatever Tesla wants to do. And all of the advice in here is going to continue to be speculations.

Reactions: FSDtester#1