Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife, the unchallenged authority in all subjects, would say that my Tesla is piloted by a true Neanderthal.

So to clarify, a genus but not a genius.
Just as an aside, the new thinking among scientists is that Neanderthals were probably quite similar to humans in intelligence/cognitive abilities.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I just installed 2022.44.30.5 ( FSD 10.69.25.1) as I did my 100 miles in AP this afternoon and passed the test :D . I don't see any strikes after the new computer install. I will see how long it lasts:).

PXL_20230111_225302946.jpg PXL_20230111_225200999.jpg

And Denisovans too (infact large Covid mortality in India is blamed on that DNA!).

Back to 10.69, 69.25.1 seems to be slowly rolling out. I’ve not got it yet … may be they are doing A/B tests, so they have left a larger number in 25.
As a few have noted, try restarting your car while on wifi, then after it boots back up, go into settings and check for software updates. This one seems to not present itself as others have.

has anybody noticed large uploads lately?
Google Home / WiFi shows some bursts of upload on some days with 62GB in the last week. The numbers it reports for the current day are definitely inaccurate as currently it shows more upload than the past month's 229GB (and in excess of what our ISP allows), but it seems to fix itself when looking at historical data.

10.69.25.1 upload.png

Definitely less than what I previously saw with the manual video snapshot button from before October.

Just as an aside, the new thinking among scientists is that Neanderthals were probably quite similar to humans in intelligence/cognitive abilities.

Noted, so my wife's designation of me will regress accordingly. I'll be lucky if I retain primate status in that reevaluation.

And Denisovans too (infact large Covid mortality in India is blamed on that DNA!).

Back to 10.69, 69.25.1 seems to be slowly rolling out. I’ve not got it yet … may be they are doing A/B tests, so they have left a larger number in 25.
it's been available by force checking the update for over a week now. Recently it seems Tesla has changed some of the versions to download by pull rather than push. Not sure why...but that's how I pulled this one and 10.69.3.1 as well.

Hit a weird issue with FSD I hadn't encountered before. The car prompted that it would automatically wash my already clean windshield (as it often does when it's night outside). I cancel FSD to stop it from wasting washer fluid, but I did it a little bit late this time and it cancelled out of AP but continually kept running the windshield washer routine over and over for at least 15 seconds or so. It's like it was stuck in a loop. I think it stopped only after I tried fiddling with manual washer button. But I felt helpless for bit because there was no apparent way to stop it.

Glad to see we are trying to keep the discussion tightly focused on 10.69 and document current behaviors before the imminent transition to v11. This should act as excellent documentation for future reference - effectively an information-dense snapshot of current state of the art for driver assistance.

It really continues to amaze me how poor the performance is in scenarios with downhill grades, and with higher speeds. I suppose it is really no wonder at all we do not have V11 if they are struggling at 35mph-40mph. (This is the transition zone to doggie-doo.)

For the record, I am linking here to my other video on intervention scenarios, since it is related to 10.69:

And the direct video link if you don’t need the discussion in the link above:

I’ve removed this video because it is not representative of what I wanted to show. I inadvertently set the set speed to 61mph (just noticed - it was due to incorrect FSD speed limits, adjusting concurrent with my adjustment, as discussed in the other thread) which resulted in worse stopping behavior than would be typical, even though maximum attained speed (except for one section, the first stop without a close lead vehicle) was 54mph.

Will give it another try later with the correct set speed. I think it is likely that the high target speed impacted behavior a bit, and the car does unnecessary braking plenty even with the correct target speed - so no need to complicate things.

I’ve removed this video because it is not representative of what I wanted to show. I inadvertently set the set speed to 61mph (just noticed - it was due to incorrect FSD speed limits, adjusting concurrent with my adjustment, as discussed in the other thread) which resulted in worse stopping behavior than would be typical, even though maximum attained speed (except for one section, the first stop without a close lead vehicle) was 54mph.

Will give it another try later with the correct set speed. I think it is likely that the high target speed impacted behavior a bit, and the car does unnecessary braking plenty even with the correct target speed - so no need to complicate things.
My reply is it for the above but regarding the "blue warning" we get before any strikes. I had a Model 3 loaner two days ago when my MSLR for the computer swap. I saw the blue warning that you always ask in M3 when I used AP. But I don't see it in my refresh MSLR. Now I understand what you kept on asking and is not applicable to some of our cars.

I almost spilled my coffee the other day when it slammed the brakes then let go and slowly rolled to a stop behind another car at a red light. Not sure if the driving experience is comparable to a 16 year old sister or a demented 80 year old grandpa.

I almost spilled my coffee the other day when it slammed the brakes then let go and slowly rolled to a stop behind another car at a red light. Not sure if the driving experience is comparable to a 16 year old sister or a demented 80 year old grandpa.
Can we still say demented in here? I know things have gotten quite a bit “liberal” on here lately when others have compared FSD traits to handicapped people

• Funny
Reactions: SSDTester#1
Redid this video, as stated. I’m posting it here since this is the main thread. But will link to this post in the interventions thread. Definitely did better; only four interventions in five minutes.

So you don’t have to watch:

Intervene for:
1) Incorrect stop at an uncontrolled intersection without a stop sign. (Accelerator; Safety; Collision Risk Mitigation)
2) Set speed (Scroll wheel; Safety; Collision Risk Mitigation, compliance with law; cannot legally drive 28 in a 45 - don’t know if Speed Trap Law applies on low side though, doubt it applies for unsafe driving anyway)
3) Bad slightly downhill stop (Comfort) (Disengagement)
4) Bad selection of turning lane (dangerous if traffic nearby). (Safety; Collision Risk Mitigation) (Disengagement - normal grip would be tight enough to force it)

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
4) Bad selection of turning lane (dangerous if traffic nearby). (Collision Risk Mitigation) (Disengagement - normal grip would be tight enough to force it)
This is definitely a problem. On day one, while traveling on the right turn lane, it suddenly decided to move to the left and then turn back on the path and continue. On day two, it works perfectly. It can potentially cause a problem especially if a tailgater speeds up once I slow down in the turn lane.

What aspect of this was "Safety?" Pretty sure Tesla would not consider that a safety related intervention.

Just don’t want to get rear ended. Obviously no one behind in this case (that is why I turned the cameras on for viewers), but in the general case the driver behind will be able to see there is no traffic coming at this intersection (as you can see in the video), and will not expect you to stop. Definitely increases collision risk to stop.

It’s an intervention every time the car stops when it should not. Just not safe.

I would not have allowed the slowing to a stop, even for video demonstration purposes, if someone had been behind me. 💯. Just keep it at 5-10mph and carry on.

It’s also not courteous, of course.

Last edited: