Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you, your manufacturer build only integrated into mainline 2023.2.12, so you won't get current release of FSDb. May as well upgrade to mainline and wait until the next FSDb release.
Wanted to share that my FSD update was available this morning. My car is going from 2022.44.100 —> 2022.45.14
p.s. if this is Elon’s April fool’s, I’ll cry😭

Better than a spot by me where 69 stops for no reason in the middle of the road lol
Sad thing is there is a lot of truth to your statement. Seems like . Running an “Orange” light these days does seem like the better experience. I was trying to be impartial and determine if this was the type of light a human might consider acceptable to run through. Just seemed a little too red for my comfort level.

Still nothing here
Another weekend stuck on 10.69.25.2 🙃
Based on Teslascope and TeslaFi numbers including pending installs of 11.3.4, the overall 11.x rollout has gone to ~55% of the existing FSD Beta fleet. So it's actually pretty close to equal chance that one is still on 10.x vs getting some version of 11.x. And for anybody else with 2 FSD Beta vehicles still not getting any 11.x, it's a 20% chance to be in this situation.

We're approaching the final phase of the 11.3.x rollout and probably watching for pending numbers of 11.3.4 to increase on these services. If it's a large jump, it'll be a new push to existing FSD Beta 10.x likely with an app notification without doing anything in the car (even if you checked within 24 hours). If it's closer to a more gradual increase, it could indicate Tesla turned on "pull" updates for the version that sometimes require going to the Software screen.

Tesla still needs to get 11.x onto 2023.x software branch that the majority of the fleet is on. I would guess a 2023.6.15 / FSD Beta 11.3.6 to include those on 2023.2.12/2023.6.8, but this would require actual code changes and extra testing to make sure the merge was done correctly.

So it seems more likely that Tesla will continue 11.3.4 rollout to the existing fleet before the end of this weekend for the ~45% of us still waiting as it potentially is just a rollout configuration change of a single number on their end.

Here's some potential Autopilot team priorities:
  • 11.x for HW3 with USS (done)
  • Tesla Vision Park Assist (done)
  • 11.x for HW3 USS-less (done)
  • 11.x to rest of 10.x MCU2+
  • 11.x on 2023.x production software
  • 11.x for MCU1 (currently 2022.8.10.10)
  • 11.x for HW4 (new S/X)
  • 11.4 with updated neural networks
  • Tesla Vision Auto Park / Summon

Last edited:
I believe the path to FSD beta for USS-less and other recently delivered cars is:

Factory firmware -> 2023.2.12 -> 2023.6.9 -> Hope and pray for FSDb to be merged into an upcoming 2023 branch release sometime soon

This is the upgrade path I experienced the minute my FSD subscription expired, before that I was stuck on 2022.44.200. But who knows? Maybe there is a path to 2022.45.X from factory firmware that just hasn't been pushed yet, but like Mark II above, I doubt it. Fingers crossed for you...
Annnnnnnnnnnnd I was wrong. I am going to take credit for the rollout of 11.3.5 directly to factory firmware USS-less 2023 cars for two reasons:

- My finger crossing and well wishes for those waiting as stated in my post
- The fact that I suspended by FSD sub just a few days ago after thinking that factory firmware wasn't getting 11.X, So I spent $200 when I couldn't get it, and didn't spend $200 when I would have gotten it. Clearly, someone at Tesla did this to mess with me.

You are all welcome.

On V11.3.3 bug?
Has anyone else had the problem where you cannot switch between chill/average and assertive? I tried using both the main display and the scroll wheel option. Thought it might be me but had my son who also owns a Model Y try it with me this morning and no luck. Tried both before the drive started and during the FSD drive. Time to try refreshing the screen and rebooting.

edit: Found if I have the main display on the autopilot setting screen I can use the scroll wheel to change the setting and that sticks. However, when I changed it to average using that method when I open up the options with the scroll wheel by just clicking right on the wheel the setting moves back to assertive. So now I just to use the main display and toggle with the scroll wheel to see how each setting behaves. Never seen any setting work like this before. Must be beta software :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Teslascope thinks they may be A/B testing with 11.3.4 and 11.3.5:

Of course that puts some of us in C, for control group 😢
I am so confused right now.I have 11.3.5 on my non USS M3LR coming from 10.69.25.2. Can someone tell me what the difference between 11.3.4 vs 11.3.5 other than the A/B testing theory??

Do any non USS cars have 11.3.4? The number of 11.3.5 installs seems too low to be considered A/B testing.

Can someone tell me what the difference between 11.3.4 vs 11.3.5 other than the A/B testing theory??
If this is A/B testing, then it's a pretty unusual one because 11.3.4 went to 3/Y vehicles only before 2023 while 11.3.5 only went to 2023 3/Y. So the populations are not randomly sampled between these two versions.

I think the simple answer is the Autopilot team didn't have the code changes to include both with and without ultrasonic sensors in the same build for the earlier 11.3.4, so they packaged up a separate one as 11.3.5. This will likely be merged together in a later release, but this is a pretty common behavior if you look at the production software branches with multiple versions.

If this is A/B testing, then it's a pretty unusual one because 11.3.4 went to 3/Y vehicles only before 2023 while 11.3.5 only went to 2023 3/Y. So the populations are not randomly sampled between these two versions.

I think the simple answer is the Autopilot team didn't have the code changes to include both with and without ultrasonic sensors in the same build for the earlier 11.3.4, so they packaged up a separate one as 11.3.5. This will likely be merged together in a later release, but this is a pretty common behavior if you look at the production software branches with multiple versions.
So based on teslafi numbers there appears only a small subset of non USS vehicles received FSDb v11? And I just happened to be on of them? I’m NEVER one of the first picked. For ANYTHING! including wiffle ball when I was a kid.

I’m wondering if they are preparing to move all cars to 11.3.5 with the intention of turning off USS on all vehicles with USS hardware?

Reactions: FSDtester#1

Could this be the same for 2023.6.8 and 2023.6.9? .8 appears USS and .9 is Vision.

.4 and .5 may be similar?