Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
big new batch of 11.4.2 invitations in the last couple of hours. I'll call this the third major customer batch.
First seemed to be only going to 11.4.1 cars, Second seemed to go zero to 11.4.1 but mostly to 11.3.6 cars. This new one seems to be going to both. It is installing on my model 3 now. My model Y was in the first batch.
When @Ramphex and @jebinc are getting it, it's Full Release Baby!
Yes @PACEMD ... that is a layup for you to comment on

So this install has been going on for an hour already. Damn Best Buy closed at 2000hrs so I’ve been just sitting here bored, waiting for the junk to update so I can test drive it on the way home.
My son got the 11.3.6 wide release after subscribing this past week. He let it install while he was shopping in Costco. It estimated about half an hour, but it took almost an hour because of the big pause at 60%. Same thing your'e experiencing.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to be graced with 11.4.2.

My son got the 11.3.6 wide release after subscribing this past week. He let it install while he was shopping in Costco. It estimated about half an hour, but it took almost an hour because of the big pause at 60%. Same thing your'e experiencing.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to be graced with 11.4.2.
Yea 60% was where it stalled for quite a while

Just finished. Time to drive home, sorry guys can’t chat on the forum because the car is going to be watching me, watching it drive.

So, picture this: I was cruising my way back home tonight when suddenly, bam! An update pops up, waving at me like, "Hey there, buddy, install me!" I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm usually in the "wait-for-everyone-else" club, but not this time. Nope, I'm in the exclusive "early birds" gang, baby! I gotta say, I'm not just flabbergasted, I'm straight-up bamboozled!
The installation process has begun, but alas, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take it for a spin.
Patience is a virtue they say, but man, the wait is killing me!!