Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Wow - you seem like a really unhappy customer.

What does the acceleration boost, whether you qualified for a referral, got a tax credit or any other perk have to do with anything?

You say you were ‘promised early access.’ By whom? I highly doubt your posts on a forum had anything to do with whether you got beta or not. How would they even know your name beyond “madmolecule?” Your statement presumes that you’re well known enough and have enough influence to actually get Tesla’s attention. Let’s face it - virtually none of us are. I‘m not as negative As some members here but I’ve hardly been a shill and I managed to get it fairly early in the safety score period. Early on the number of beta testers was extremely limited and there were hoards of posts here by people who had a safety score of 100 and couldn’t ’get in.’ I’m not defending the safety score program but good or bad it was a nominal way for Tesla to screen and limit the initial beta testers.

The specification remains unknown, just like it was when you purchased and just like it was when I purchased. Many of us purchased with some idea in our head what it would mean and how long it would be before it was available but to my knowledge Tesla never specifically said anything. (again, go back to my previous post.)

As far as charging goes, some of the information is unknown because the battery technology has been changing. That also makes it impossible to give a blanket recommendation because it may not apply to all cars but Tesla‘s consistently said to charge to 80% for daily driving. Completely draining your battery is bad as is leaving it at 100%. Beyond that, from all the reading I’ve done my answer is to charge in a manner that suits you.

Why do you want or think you need to calibrate The BMS and why are you concerned with a 3rd party battery replacement? Both of these seem like items that aren’t worth stressing about.

Bottom line - from reading your post I’d suggest you drive the car, stay off forums and not worry about the majority of what you posted. You will be happier. (This isn’t intended to be sarcastic or dismissive - it’s my genuine advice to you.)
yes I am unhappy
yes I was lied to
it was sold as a product not as a dream
Elon promised early access
The BMS manages the battery and many people on the forums blamed apparent range degradation with only the BMS being recalibrated and not real degradation
Charging would be nice to know to properly maintain the monist expensive component of the car
3rd party replacement - Historically owning a computer, cameras and batteries over five years is not a good investment. A Tesla is mainly a computer and batteries. It is software also but with over the air updates, it is still limited by the hardware. I believe there will be many Tesla is the junkyard premature do to computers and batteries.

bottom line - my happiness does not revolve around my car or this forum or Tesla shills. I will live my life and continue to point out fake engineers and stock pumping kickstarter cheerleaders that are fine being lied too and taken advantage of by the smartest and the richest guy in the world who knows more about manufacturing than anyone.

80% for daily driving is optimum for what? range, $/kw, battery health, battery degradation. When should daily driving be changed to a trip? only when additional range is needed to get to a supercharger or is the supercharging worse than charging to 95%. You might have all you answers with 80% but I still have questions and a forum would logically be the place to get answers, our at least others owners opinions, but I guess it is just an Elon circle flirt.

this is intended to be genuine advice and criticism of you and your opinions

yes I am unhappy
yes I was lied to
The BMS manages the battery and many people on the forums blamed apparent range degradation with only the BMS being recalibrated and not real degradation
Charging would be nice to know to properly maintain the monist expensive component of the car
3rd party replacement - Historically owning a computer, cameras and batteries over five years is not a good investment. A Tesla is mainly a computer and batteries. It is software also but with over the air updates, it is still limited by the hardware. I believe there will be many Tesla is the junkyard premature do to computers and batteries.

bottom line - my happiness does not revolve around my car or this forum or Tesla shills. I will live my life and continue to point out fake engineers and stock pumping kickstarter cheerleaders that are fine being lied too and taken advantage of by the smartest and the richest guy in the world who knows more about manufacturing than anyone.

80% for daily driving is optimum for what? range, $/kw, battery health, battery degradation. When should daily driving be changed to a trip? only when additional range is needed to get to a supercharger or is the supercharging worse than charging to 95%. You might have all you answers with 80% but I still have questions and a forum would logically be the place to get answers, our at least others owners opinions, but I guess it is just an Elon circle flirt.

this is intended to be genuine advice and criticism of you and your opinions
tldr

We are in a middle of a drought here, a long one too. About to break 100-year record on day high temperature for this time of the year. So no chance to test this.

Not complaining though.
Yeah. Still dry wipes 2-3 times every few minutes on dry bright sunshiny day. Still biases to the left shoulder, scares the crap out of oncoming drivers, still wobbles back and forth while creeping, scaring passengers, still brakes so hard it slides the tires - not just chattering abs - SLIDES THE TIRES, still suddenly snap turns into an oncoming one-way street, scaring the crap out of everyone . . . . . . . . . . . .

yes I am unhappy
yes I was lied to
Madmolecule, I purchased a 2016 Model S and also purchased FSD. I have an e-mail from Tesla that said since I was an early adopter that I would be one of the first to get FSD.

When the Model 3s came out, they were the first to get FSD. A year or so later, HW3 upgrade became available and I spent around $1,300 upgrading to HW3. The Model Y started shipping and they started getting FSD. I then found out I had to get my camera's replaced before I could get FSD. My camera's were replaced and I still needed to wait another 6 months before I got FSD. I waited from December 2016 when my Model S was delivered to November 2022, 6 years to get FSD.

I traded in my 2016 Model S on August 26th and my 2023 Model S LR was delivered on the same day. I bought a new Model S because I was able to transfer my FSD for free. The Model S is the best car I have ever owned. There were many days I was not happy having to wait 6 years to get FSD delivered but that was offset by driving my Model S. The good news, is that I only had to wait a month to get FSD on my HW4 Model S.

If you own a Tesla, there will be many things you are told that may take a long time to be delivered. In Tesla speak, 2 weeks normally means 2 years.

I hope you get what was promised sooner than later.

Last edited:
Yeah. Still dry wipes 2-3 times every few minutes on dry bright sunshiny day. Still biases to the left shoulder, scares the crap out of oncoming drivers, still wobbles back and forth while creeping, scaring passengers, still brakes so hard it slides the tires - not just chattering abs - SLIDES THE TIRES, still suddenly snap turns into an oncoming one-way street, scaring the crap out of everyone . . . . . . . . . . . .
I've had the .2 release for a full 48 hours now. So far, zero dry wipes (knock on wood).

I find it interesting that I had no left shoulder bias behaviours and I drove over 600km on this version now, on rurals, highways and city traffic. Also no hard braking event strong enough to cause slides. Not sure why your experience is so different from mine. We had our share of one-way streets within the Ontario park we hiked, and it worked well.

I’m by no means a trumpeter of FSDb or j or wtf, but I’ve been in this for 2 years now and can honestly say I’ve never experienced sliding tires or snap turns into one way streets. If you’re biasing to the left shoulder, you’re in the wrong lane, which I’ve never experienced either. What version are you talking about? Yes it freaks out the wife so I don’t use it with her but your post.…. WTactualF?

If you haven’t recently your issues strongly suggest you should do a full camera calibration.

I’m by no means a trumpeter of FSDb or j or wtf, but I’ve been in this for 2 years now and can honestly say I’ve never experienced sliding tires or snap turns into one way streets. If you’re biasing to the left shoulder, you’re in the wrong lane, which I’ve never experienced either. What version are you talking about? Yes it freaks out the wife so I don’t use it with her but your post.…. WTactualF?
11.4.7.2 still has occasional high jerk so wheel slide/spin is possible especially with dirt or water on roads approaching/accelerating/turning at stop signs etc. It's happened to me several times for city drives. There's also videos and complaints about the quick steering snafu and it may also have been a contributor to the recent FSD activated model Y hitting a tree with passenger injuries.

Yes, wobbles back/forth/to and fro. No denying. It's been an FSDJ trait for too F'ing long.