Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Now I got upgraded to latest public (11.4.4), about to trade in my new car for another new car so I can go back to 11.3.6. Hard stops at stop signs, tried to blow through one so far, swerves all over the place when left turning, dry wiping like theres no tomorrow (mostly at night), 1 spray and wipe, not following the route/directions (really it should always do this until a path block), when it was missing a right turn I put on the blinker and it did a hard right into the right lane almost into the curb, and most likely a few other things it did that I cant remember.

Not on my screen. I mean. I read those same notes online, but they’re not in the release notes in the car and it’s not available as an option in the display tab.
I am however digging the added scroll wheel functions and movable repeater camera display locations.

Not on my screen. I mean. I read those same notes online, but they’re not in the release notes in the car and it’s not available as an option in the display tab.
I am however digging the added scroll wheel functions and movable repeater camera display locations.
Only if they would fix the scroll wheel option for the suspension. Right now it’s ass.

Only if they would fix the scroll wheel option for the suspension. Right now it’s ass.
I’ve been using it for drive mode, chill or insane. I play a game to see how efficient I can be, until a courteous driver at a red light has his windows down and lets me partake of his most awesome Spanish speaking music blasting so loud it makes my windows shake while revving his Toyota or Honda. I do believe if it worked with suspension, I’d appreciate that a tad more.

11.4.7.2: for some reason my car now tends to attempt inappropriate right hand turns. It signals, gets in the RH turn lane, then seems to realize it's mistake at the last minute. It then signals for a LH turn and tries to get back on track but rather than confuse those behind me I disengage and wait for traffic to pass before proceeding on the correct route. o_Oo_O
Happened to me too.

11.4.4 is the latest version for the mass FSD crowd. 11.4.7.2 is the latest version for a small minority of early FSD buyers.
According to TeslaFi there's a good number of people on 11.4.7.2 now. 11.4.4 is becoming the version for the un-cool kids.

I got it yesterday but I'm at work now so I can't check to see which map version I have.

I was in MN last week and 11.4.4 was dreadful on roads like this with turning lanes. It keep 'diving' into them at 55 MPH.
A variety of other missteps on this last road trip as well with it taking turns to early and didn't follow routing. Luckily we started watching for this behavior.
So annoying that the max speed keeps changing to whatever nearby or crossing road we would pass on various highways. Had to regularly bump it upt.
Highway FSDb is pretty bad compared to Highway AP.

HjDu0Db.jpg