Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Actually, I'm lying.........the wippers did oddly well on this trip...........a few times under or over aggressive but on the whole not bad. I didn't actually have to intervene, no rescue wiper interventions needed today.........
I think it’s 100% possible for Tesla to fix the wipers without a “normal” update end users will see. After all, they turned on the 100% broken Active Road Noise Reduction in late 2021 in shadow mode before the toggle appeared. Only noticed because of the horrific racket the car would make through the speakers that Tesla couldn’t fix (because you couldn’t turn ARNR off at that time!).

Oh, and speaking of which, ANC is another lie Tesla peddled. They continue to peddle it to a lesser extent as ARNR, but either way it flat out doesn’t work in any capacity.

I think it’s 100% possible for Tesla to fix the wipers without a “normal” update end users will see. After all, they turned on the 100% broken Active Road Noise Reduction in late 2021 in shadow mode before the toggle appeared. Only noticed because of the horrific racket the car would make through the speakers that Tesla couldn’t fix (because you couldn’t turn ARNR off at that time!).

Oh, and speaking of which, ANC is another lie Tesla peddled. They continue to peddle it to a lesser extent as ARNR, but either way it flat out doesn’t work in any capacity.
Correct; like FSD, The Great Charlatan

1697204266027.png

just redefines "the feature" at will to fit his fancy.

Got a second strike today. Not going to lie I miss when the cabin camera wasn’t forced. Early revisions you used to be able to opt out of the cabin camera analytics so all you had to do was jerk off the steering yoke. Since that update the junk has become sh*t to me.
Just got the 2023 map update. Too bad the year is almost over....
Will see if it changes anything...
I have a better chance of getting lucky with the wife then an update to our maps.
Shame shame 🫠 😞

Last edited:
Quick question. I have 2023.26.11 installed on my car right now. My old car had the newest FSD version and I would like to be in that same situation. My new car do I need to wait for an update that has the most recent FSD beta? I have a pending software update of 2023.32.9 but don’t want to install it in hopes of 2023.27.6. Thanks

Quick question. I have 2023.26.11 installed on my car right now. My old car had the newest FSD version and I would like to be in that same situation. My new car do I need to wait for an update that has the most recent FSD beta? I have a pending software update of 2023.32.9 but don’t want to install it in hopes of 2023.27.6. Thanks
There's no release notes and nobody who has actually downloaded it and looked has reported back yet.

I'm on 2023.32.7 on a new 2023 M3 LR AWD; this version has 11.4.4 on it. The car came with 2023.26.9 which had FSD-b 11.3.6; the 2023.32.7 was the first update.

So... When I got on 2023.32.7 TeslaFi didn't say anything about FSD; now, checking the site's web page, it says 2023.32.7 is 11.4.4, meaning that they figured out what version of FSD was present after some reports.

These version numbers only go up, not down; so there's a chance that 2032.32.9 has FSD-b in it. However, until someone reports what's present, we won't know what's actually there (FSD newer version? Bug fixes? More language changes?). I'd say it probably has a version of FSD-b on it, but which one, who knows.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Crap. Why is 11.4.7.X not being pushed.

Can you share the release notes?
Given all the complaints around these parts on the 11.4.7.2 release and its funny windshield wipers, strange road handling, and all that, perhaps 11.4.4 is where Tesla is going to leave things until 12.x is around. I've been chugging around with 11.4.4 and, well, it's been working pretty well.

Given all the complaints around these parts on the 11.4.7.2 release and its funny windshield wipers, strange road handling, and all that, perhaps 11.4.4 is where Tesla is going to leave things until 12.x is around. I've been chugging around with 11.4.4 and, well, it's been working pretty well.
I mean. Yea…. But also it’s very bad. Tries to kill you and will do such wacky ass hood *sugar* in the road randomly. I’d much rather have progress every 2 months at least.

I just got notified of an update from 2023.23.11 to 2023.32.9. It did DL, and is installing now. NO release notes other than a reference to Hebrew. NOT clear whether it is going to keep or trash my Sub to FSDb/j.
Oy vey, you got 2023.32.9 already? In Hebrew even? After schleping around for god knows how long with that junk 23.11? And don't be a real meshuggeneh, will you? It's going to take some real chutzpah to drive that 2023.32.9..........Ah, this is all making me a bit verklempt........

Last edited: