Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
In regards to the wiper function, is anyone using RainX on their windshield? Perhaps this has something to do or not with the wiper function?
I’m a little extreme as I wash my car 3 or 4 days a week, but I get enjoyment out of it, i clean the inside and out with a waffle cloth and a mix of the two chemical guys glass solutions, I think they work really well and don’t streak at all, leaving a really pleasant smell. This might contribute to me never getting a dry wipe. although I don’t get a wet wipe either a lot of times lol..

Downloaded 11.4.7.3 last night. Biggest interest for me is if the speed limit errors get fixed around my neighborhood on two different streets. Both should be 35mph but FDS/Maps was 55mph which is scary. After 11.4.7.2 one of them switched to 25mph-now to slow but better than too fast. The other is still 55mph. Maybe it is map updates instead of FSD updates. I have always had issues with the stop sign turning into my neighborhood but I only test it when there is no traffic since it is so bad. Never got to test it with 11..4.7.2.

Reactions: powertoold and rlsd
one of them switched to 25mph-now to slow but better than too fast
Did you see a popup message about changing the speed due to road type? That is independent of map data.

cameras to detect rain, and not just the front windshield camera. Are they testing that out?
If you consider testing to be releasing it on privately owned production vehicles without asking then yes.

Hi everyone,

I’m considering a Tesla again and have been primarily waiting for Phantom Braking to go away (mainly on the highways). From what I can tell, it’s significantly better using FSD 11.7.4.3 than the standard, non FSD stack. Is this correct?

How is phantom braking on long road trips now and what does it feel like? Have any major incidents happened to you while on FSD code using Autopilot/TACC on the freeway?
My car with FSD likes to brake around semi trucks if they are close to the car but still in their lane, and its not a small brake event, I have to hit the accelerator when it happens so I dont get rear ended at highway speed.

Last edited:
It does not otherwise know what to do at intersections. It ignores my signal input at a T intersection and turns right instead of left. It takes an exit when I want to go straight ahead. It just makes up a path if there is no nav. I’ve only seen this when testing or when canceling and remaking a trip while already in FSDb. Just don’t get the point of Random FSD.

It does not otherwise know what to do at intersections. It ignores my signal input at a T intersection and turns right instead of left. It takes an exit when I want to go straight ahead. It just makes up a path if there is no nav. I’ve only seen this when testing or when canceling and remaking a trip while already in FSDb. Just don’t get the point of Random FSD.
So don’t understand your complaint and suspect Strongly that the issue with FSD is your understanding of how it works. It needs a Nav path to operate correctly. You don’t simply use the stalks like joy sticks to push it where you want to go. No path no play.

11.4.7.3 drove again today, all the same problems as the previous iterations but one positive, when in a multi lane road and following a slower vehicle, when that vehicle begins to move out of the lane the car (ego) starts to accelerate instead of waiting until the lead car is completely out of the lane. I saw this behavior several times, so I don't think it is an accident.

Yea, so I do that yesterday, and it did update to the current date (saying that it was up to date).
Of course I woke up this morning with my car offering to update the software which means that there is really no correlation between when you ask the car to manually check for updates and when an update is actually available for your car?
There is no way to manually check for updates (or at least only anecdotal evidence that you can do that). Though just going into the software screen indeed sometimes seems to update the date it last checked, whether that's just the UI being updated slowly or an actual check is impossible to tell.

It’s like getting in a taxi and saying “just drive.” If you don’t have a destination in mind, what’s the point of driving?

Reactions: Pdubs and Yelobird