Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are gonna love V12....
So you keep saying 🤣 but WHEN?🤔 Even April is starting to look iffy at best.

Hope we see 12.3 start rolling to at least a few employees before the weekend. And PLEASE 👃 let it pass the bug test and start rolling to people like @powertoold (even if it should have been me and not him 😭🤣) by next week.

That way @powertoold can tell us all the GREAT we are missing and RUB it in. 🤪 😭🤣

EDIT: Just pulled this out of my a$$ and predicting it to start wider rollout on April 1 and many getting by April 15.:eek::oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
You guys are gonna love V12

I don't know why I trust it so much now. It has way more contextual awareness. I'm letting it do some risky maneuvers that I wouldn't do myself (like UPL or UPR where the adjacent lane has oncoming car).

It's quite amazing how stable it is already (i.e. doesn't freak out)
You're definitely getting me stoked. How often do you need to disengage? How often do you have to hit the go pedal?

Anyone else getting this? It’s my third one in three days.

1710196865443.jpeg

Took two over 2, 1 hour drives on V12 in average mode and autopseed. 1 from Northern 101 to Burbank airport and the other to downtown L.A. on a separate days. No interventions. I feel that V12 does better on highways than V11. It seems to be much more aggressive in changing lanes when there is a lot of traffic. Even cut off someone. Which is normal around here. Changed multiple lanes one after another with much less room than I would have to get over to make the merge with another highway both full of congestion. On V11 I always had to intervene. Slows down or speeds up aggressively to be sure the lane change is made in time. Even made multiple lane changes at one time. It signals for highway merging. Slows for speed bumps. Blinks sooner. Very smooth in city. No interventions even with heavy traffic. Does go a little slower than V11 too be more cautious. Even my wife is working with FSDb since V12 is available and liking it. Believe me, it's a miracle that she is actually using it.

You're definitely getting me stoked. How often do you need to disengage? How often do you have to hit the go pedal?

I hit the go pedal usually on unprotected lefts with some obstructions on the sides, but only when there's someone behind me or it's obviously frozen

As for disengagements, very rare in on the roads (I did this morning because of a broken traffic light - completely off - at a large intersection, an hour before rush hour so it was difficult to see, I even didn't notice it until I saw some stop signs set up on a-frames). Initially I said that I have a similar number of disengagements compared to 11.4.9, but now I'd say I have 100-200% fewer disengagements vs 11.4.9.

Disengagements and interventions are important obviously, but when you use V12, you kinda stop thinking about them because the ride is so amazing. You start to learn and understand the driver behind V12, and then you start to trust it and understand its behaviors and habits.

Are you prompted for voice feedback on disengagements?

Yes, I sometimes get too distracted and forget/miss the 3-5 second deadline to record. I don't believe in it anyway though. I haven't seen any improvements linked directly to the feedback we've given.

V12 is essentially a complete rewrite, so all of our V11 feedback was a waste of time.

Even my wife is working with FSDb since V12 is available and liking it. Believe me, it's a miracle that she is actually using it.

Hallelujah!

And this is only the beginning. Once this thing is refined, and Tesla gives out a free week or two, people are gonna get addicted.

I've never been so excited to use FSD on every drive. V12 has its own personality, and it's great to develop a relationship with it.

Interesting commentary in the first Rebellionaire & DirtyTesla video in Ann Arbor that they noticed 12.x behaving differently in New York City. Where typically you're supposed to keep clear / not block the box, but you're expected(?) to just move forward in NYC, and end-to-end seems to know the difference. And another example of NYC prohibits right on red by default unless signage allows for it, and end-to-end obeyed that too. Could just be small sample size as there's videos from California where it seems to ignore no-right-on-red signs.

Rebellionaire and Dirty Tesla in Michigan. They're on a four lane divided highway (limited access road?), but running V12. It has serious problems with cross traffic approaching at high speeds. Note that they work this spot for a while. The first turn is apparently a little anxiety-inducing, but there are a number of disengagements later on.

That's M-59/ Highland Drive and Fenton Rd, not limited access, but is 55 MPH and divided in that section.

I get it almost every day. I assumed it was because I switch between 3 vehicles and it was my cloud profile updating climate, infotainment, etc for the vehicle I get in. Maybe I’m wrong?
No, that’s not it. The only other time I got this was when I bought something like FSD subscription and the screen needed to reboot to give me FSD except this is happening every day for us. Maybe Tesla is sending some sort of parameter update to what they want to see uploaded to train the Ai so it frees up the network from uploading too much.