Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we now waiting on 12.3.2 with 2024.2.x in April VS 12.3.1 to continue? That would mean 2023.44.30.x next versions will be auto park and ASS with the latest FSD?
There's multiple versions that Tesla has been working on separately that may come together but doesn't necessarily have all the features bundled together.
  • 12.3.1 on 2023.44.30.30 is already out and could continue rollout as is, e.g., to service loaners and other vehicles still on 2023.44.30.x
  • 2024.2.12 has vision Autopark although release notes (incorrectly?) show it added in 2024.2.11, which never got deployed(?)
  • some internal development version with updated Smart Summon
  • 2024.2.x getting a 12.3.2, e.g., maybe 2024.2.10 without Autopark or 2024.2.15 with?
  • 2024.2.x00 factory build getting at least 12.3.1?
  • 2024.8.x/x00 builds and other future 2024.12(?)+
The recent urgency / excitement / directive was focused on 12.3.1, so that could still be the top priority of getting that particular version deployed widely to those who can get it. Theoretically 12.3.1 could be added to a 2024.x without including updated Autopark nor Smart Summon similar to how these versions already have 11.4.9, but it somewhat sounds like there might need to be some FSD Beta changes necessitating a bump up to 12.3.2 to make it compatible with other software changes anyway. It seems less likely Tesla will specially pick 2024.x features to bring back to 2023.44.30.x as it would complicate update compatibility, but that might happen anyway if 2024.2.x has 12.3.2 but current versions of 2024.8.x have 11.4.9.

• Informative
Reactions: swedge
I have 2019 Model 3 LR with FSD v12.3. I cannot do one pull down of stalk and enter autopilot anymore. I also have lost the auto speed adjustment feature unless I go into FSD. What are the settings that I need to make in the Controls:Autopilot site to get my system working like before? Thanks

FSD V12.3 takes exit so late. As a human, my first instinct is to think and start taking exit as soon as dotted white line starts. I start checking if someone is merging on highway at the same time. Tesla keeps going straight and then takes exit CONFUSING EVERYONE AROUND IT.
V11.4.9 was even worse. It took the last opportunity to take the exit. It ahould be taking the first opportunity to take the exit. Why wait? What’s the benefit in waiting to take the exit?

Reactions: D Good
Lots of people said LIDAR was needed for L3 so not only L4/L5. I believe based on V12 that hurdle has been cleared.

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/whats-stopping-tesla-from-achieving-level-3-self-driving

I think until they actually offer an L3 system one can't claim it's cleared

isn’t 0/Zero intervention an L5 trip?

There's no such thing as "an L5 trip"

Either the entire system is L5 (which Teslas is not remotely- and neither is anyone elses) or it's not.

Teslas system, including 12.3x, is L2 period full stop.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
There you go again with the semantics….
This is not semantics but actually SAE requirements. Tesla is L2 PERIOD.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 3.15.10 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Why is V12 so bad now at changing street speeds?It kept the 5 mph limit at my apartment parking lot for 2 miles and refused to go above 20 even on manual speed. I absolutely am hating V12 so far. I can't even use it on my commute anymore. Changed back to normal AP and it was way better.

View attachment 1032321
Might help if you publish the software version you are running