Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They say the color was specifically picked because it is not like anything else:

But I agree that I think it will bring unwanted attention and bad behavior by other people, but the SAE thinks it is a good idea.
It's an issue for Tesla cars but a non issue for MB cars. I have been looking for that blue color on CA freeways in the last couple months but I have not found one.

That's a bad sign, unless you aren't an OG tester

Your FSD trial ended a week or two ago, right? So, you are probably getting rolled into the main deployment branch.

Not everyone is getting it. (Still ~30% of the TeslaFi fleet on 2024.3.25.)

Highly unlikely. (At least not at first.)

How would you respond if I told you that for several weeks I didn't have FSD but after the push I have it again.

I checked my email accounts and I haven't received any NDA to sign.

I checked my app and the subscribe and purchase options are still there and at expected prices.

I was driving home and noticed the new UI wasn't showing me a power bar, so I went looking for a setting to change and noticed I had FSD again. So I turned it on and let it drive me home.

Last edited:
How would you respond if I told you that for several weeks I didn't have FSD but after the push I have it again.

I checked my email accounts and I haven't received any NDA to sign.

I checked my app and the subscribe and purchase options are still there and at expected prices.

I was driving home and noticed the new UI wasn't showing me a power bar, so I went looking for a setting to change and noticed I had FSD again. So I turned it on and let it drive me home.
Sounds like you are getting a second trial period.

BTW the power bar is on the left side of the screen in that version.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
seems like 2024.3.25 is also getting on the 2024.14.8 now... still no 12.4 of course!

1717113677581.png

seems like 2024.3.25 is also getting on the 2024.14.8 now... still no 12.4 of course!

View attachment 1052058
Not all of 2024.3.25 is testers. Last time I checked 15 of cars still on that version only around 50% were testers. The rest appear to be updating to 2024.14.X.

I think you will find a View link on each line which will bring up details on that particular vehicle. Lower on that detail page is the update history. Looking at that, I expect you will find that these vehicles first got FSD after 5/22/2023, version 2023.12.10, FSD 11.3.6 or later. I think that was when FSD was made available to anyone who paid or subscribed. Since then, every main branch update has included FSD. But some of us had received FSD 10.3.6 with 2022.45.15 as much as two months before on 4/8/2023. These folks are what I call the testers, and we are being left behind on 2024.3.25.

This is how it appears at this point. I have checked 20 cases like your highlights (random among but with on 50,000 miles and in the US. to increase the likelihood of finding a tester) and not one of these appeared to be a tester. I would check yours for you, but I ran out of clicks earlier today trying to find one. ;-)

Isn't MB required to have a light come on to indicate it's in L3 mode, for safety reasons? I wonder if Tesla ever considered an "FSD active" indicator light. Come to think of it, if they actually expected any of the currently delivered cars to ever reach L3, then wouldn't that mean they'd have designed such an indicator into all the cars? Just sayin'...
Tesla has a ‘light’ in the form of an icon on the screen as well as driving visualizations.

I've read some people's experiences where FSDS is paralyzed at 4-way stops, taking 10+ seconds to execute a maneuver. That's a bummer, and I'm not sure what the deal is there. The stops near me, and most right turns on red with proper visibility, are just a few seconds long, typically 5 seconds. It comes to a stop, then creeps for a few seconds, and if it's clear, proceeds. I've had it stop at a red light and not make a turn, requiring me to intervene - but in those cases there is usually a visibility issue. Would be nice if there was more verbose information displayed to help us in those cases. For example, "Poor visibility, waiting for traffic signal", meaning it's just going to sit at the red light until it turns green before making the right turn, but I'm also not sure that's possible with NN black-box training. It would be easily possible with hard-coded systems.
Like @Izolman I also live in Mass and the foliage delay he refers to at Stop signs is real since the car takes an extra 2-4 seconds to creep because of the foliage. Once I can see potential cross traffic leaning forward the car always creeps another 2-3 feet for the B-pillar camera before proceeding. No foliage intersections the delay is cut by almost 50%. With the long delay I have also increased my use of the accelerator. And sometimes FSD never moves.
I sometimes wonder how much Tesla is tracking accelerator usage.

Today had wheel of death 3 times
  1. Auto Max switch to highway stack. I've had this a bunch of times.
  2. Heavy rain on the highway. After about 30 minutes of working fine I got the wheel. Up until then FSD worked admirably in bad conditions.
  3. Exiting highway during rain storm. Auto Max did not slow down enough on the exit ramp with an abvious large puddle of water. Spray from puddle covered the windshield cameras. I thought about taking over but wanted to see what would happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: lzolman