Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed 👍, I did it this morning trying to cut Alan off.
His hypervigiliant driving skills saved his bacon.
Until next time.
You don't need signals with that Not a Flame Thrower.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 3.52.02 PM.png

Anybody else tap on the accelerator to creep forwards or go faster?
On occasion I do. I don't like how it stops short at the stop line however I mostly got over it. Ill tap the accelerator if I notice the car may not be on the sensor. I'll sometimes close the gap at the light if it looks like the cars behind me are trying to use a turn lane but cant because they have no room. Last night I had to when taking a right turn. v12.3.6 was trying to turn right on a red but got confused when it saw a truck double parked with its head lights on. It kept creeping forward and stopping. I had to stab the accelerator to get it to continue.

Reactions: Mardak
LOL why would you assume that "70% of his net worth is in tesla stock" is gospel? If that is a lie, then your question is irrelevant.

If someone says "I have a massive yacht because I am a billionaire", you are basically saying "well, he MUST have a yacht...after all, he's a billionaire!"
sure.. maybe the guy is lying about his net worth and he's actually a tesla short spreading these false rumors.

but the fact that 12.4 has still not rolled out seems to suggest there are still some serious issues that need to be resolved.

I don't have all my net worth tied to tesla stock, but I would love to see that 10x improvement in order to convince me to buy some additional tesla stock.

Seems like people are quick to dismiss negative reviews.

What if somebody on reddit came out and said, I have 12.4 and its fantastic. Would there be the same reaction?

Last edited:
Is this consistent or this was one attempt? Maybe I'm using FSD differently from others, but I end up tapping the pedal probably on every drive. This includes cases with stop lines and yields such as a local residential intersections with foliage, fences, parked cars that 12.3.6 consistently approaches very cautiously.

Most of the time it continues with more urgency than without the tap, and I don't think I've needed to slam on the brakes because it wasn't already stopping for cross traffic. Sometimes it does decide it still needs to complete the stop, and I've actually needed to hold the accelerator to unblock the lane.

Anybody else tap on the accelerator to creep forwards or go faster?

I also do this. Mostly at intersections where FSD is too far from the intersection and I either want FSD to move closer or in some cases to get FSD to make the turn if it looks like it's going to take 10+ seconds to decide. For example with foliage in the way. How long you apply the accelerator determines how FSD responds. Quick tap(s) for FSD to creep. A longer tap for FSD to initiate the turn.
90+% of my disengagements/interventions are from the accelerator pedal.

Reactions: Mardak
Good example of hand gestures today.
Lights at intersection were off. Police office was in the middle of the intersection directing traffic with gestures. FSD totally bailed.
No wheel of death, FSD just disabled on it's own. I suspect it saw a stationery pedestrian and didn't know what to do.

This is the type of error that would prevent robotaxi from working so support for hand gestures will have to be a priority. I have many occurrences every week where I live.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
sure.. maybe the guy is lying about his net worth and he's actually a tesla short spreading these false rumors.

but the fact that 12.4 has still not rolled out seems to suggest there are still some serious issues that need to be resolved.

I don't have all my net worth tied to tesla stock, but I would love to see that 10x improvement in order to convince me to buy some additional tesla stock.

What if somebody on reddit came out and said, I have 12.4 and its fantastic. Would there be the same reaction?
Let me ask you this:

If 12.4 really is drastically worse than 12.3, that would presume:

1. The autopilot team decided to release something for employee testing that is significantly worse than what's already released. That makes no sense.

2. The autopilot team ignored all of their own internal metrics and regression tests regarding 12.4 vs. 12.3. That makes no sense. (Walter Isaacson's book talks about monitors in the Autopilot team's area that show statistics about interventions for various versions).

3. Elon completely made up the statistic about 5-10x less interventions than 12.3. Possible of course, but that makes no sense. Why do that, then look obviously like a fool when it comes out? That makes no sense.

4. Why did the other poster who claimed to have it not mention anything like that? That makes no sense. And why did he also post video with a lot of people commenting that they don't see significant changes from 12.3? That makes no sense.

If it looks, smells, tastes, feels, sounds, and squishes in your hand like a turd...it's probably a turd.

Now why would some random dude on X or Reddit post something like this? Here are just some possibilities:

1. Looking for attention.

2. Trying to get views/money/subscribers/viewer engagement. "Like and subscribe, and leave a comment to let me know what YOU think!"

3. Short seller trying to affect the stock in the short term.

4. Promoting something else (not necessarily revealed on the initial post).

5. Hatred for Elon/Tesla.

6. Loser.

7. Bored.

8. Research project for school to show how gullible people can be.

Like I said, big juicy turd.

As I peruse through the thread and read some of your posts I came to the conclusion you are the Reddit Bandit!!!! Your post count is a dead giveaway 😆. There are too many smart people here reading posts who can cut through the bullshit. Bad news sells and gets clicks, good news almost never gets reported.
Fact of life. Will never change. Same reason traffic slows down so people can gawk at hurt people on the side of the road. If I am not getting out to assist an accident, I don't look.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Let me ask you this:

1. The autopilot team decided to release something for employee testing that is significantly worse than what's already released. That makes no sense.

2. The autopilot team ignored all of their own internal metrics and regression tests regarding 12.4 vs. 12.3. That makes no sense. (Walter Isaacson's book talks about monitors in the Autopilot team's area that show statistics about interventions for various versions).

3. Elon completely made up the statistic about 5-10x less interventions than 12.3. Possible of course, but that makes no sense. Why do that, then look obviously like a fool when it comes out? That makes no sense.

4. Why did the other poster who claimed to have it not mention anything like that? That makes no sense. And why did he also post video with a lot of people commenting that they don't see significant changes from 12.3? That makes no sense.

If it looks, smells, tastes, feels, sounds, and squishes in your hand like a turd...it's probably a turd.

Now why would some random dude on X or Reddit post something like this? Here are just some possibilities:

1. Looking for attention.

2. Trying to get views/money/subscribers/viewer engagement. "Like and subscribe, and leave a comment to let me know what YOU think!"

3. Short seller trying to affect the stock in the short term.

4. Promoting something else (not necessarily revealed on the initial post).

5. Hatred for Elon/Tesla.

6. Loser.

7. Bored.

8. Research project for school to show how gullible people can be.

Again, the poster has a screen shot of 12.4 and that alone means nothing, but if you look at their history, they posted the release notes weeks before anyone else had them for 11.4.8 and they ended up being accurate. With that context, I'm inclined to believe it's legit...also seeing how it's completely stalled out.

It sounds like a calibration issue that is preventing him from even using it. There have been issues like that in the past with early releases.

There are bulls who make themselves look stupid, and bears who make themselves look stupid. Some people will cheer the stupid bull stuff, others will cheer the stupid bear stuff.

Some bulls will cheer a positive 12.4 review and share it as fact. Some bears will say it's nonsense and call it a lie.

Kinda like when someone is convicted of 34 felony counts by a jury of civilians. Some will say the jury was rigged, or the entire legal system was rigged, and that person's getting screwed by the man. And others will take it too far the other way.

The world is full of two extremes. Crazy nutcases. The smart ones are in the middle, laughing at both sides.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
There are bulls who make themselves look stupid, and bears who make themselves look stupid. Some people will cheer the stupid bull stuff, others will cheer the stupid bear stuff.

Some bulls will cheer a positive 12.4 review and share it as fact. Some bears will say it's nonsense and call it a lie.

Kinda like when someone is convicted of 34 felony counts by a jury of civilians. Some will say the jury was rigged, or the entire legal system was rigged, and that person's getting screwed by the man. And others will take it too far the other way.

The world is full of two extremes. Crazy nutcases. The smart ones are in the middle, laughing at both sides.
Look at their history, though. You think they've been playing this "I'm an employee with early releases" for almost a year with screen shots to "tank the stock" on Reddit? That's not believable at all.

Again, the poster has a screen shot of 12.4 and that alone means nothing, but if you look at their history, they posted the release notes weeks before anyone else had them for 11.4.8 and they ended up being accurate. With that context, I'm inclined to believe it's legit...also seeing how it's completely stalled out.

It sounds like a calibration issue that is preventing him from even using it. There have been issues like that in the past with early releases.
OK, so if both people who claim to have posted about it are legit, how do you explain the discrepancy that one claims (with words only) that it can't even hold the damn lane, whereas the other (posting video) shows essentially on-par performance with 12.3?

I'm not saying it *can't* be true. But defaulting to "he must be telling the truth" without any evidence is silly.

OK, so if both people who claim to have posted about it are legit, how do you explain the discrepancy that one claims (with words only) that it can't even hold the damn lane, whereas the other (posting video) shows essentially on-par performance with 12.3?

I'm not saying it *can't* be true. But defaulting to "he must be telling the truth" without any evidence is silly.
Could be camera calibration as many have pointed out here. As someone who has been in the first releases of OG testers, some of the v11 releases were terrible and unsafe. They have to dial in the controls.

Look at their history, though. You think they've been playing this "I'm an employee with early releases" for almost a year with screen shots to "tank the stock" on Reddit? That's not believable at all.
Could be anything. Stock manipulation was just one example of why someone might post BS on social media. Not saying that explains the poster. May I refer you to the last 15 years of Tesla history, in which BS was spewed daily? I lived through every day of it. Every smelly squishy BS turd.

Maybe Elon fired him and he's pissed. Maybe Elon slept with his mom. Maybe he doesn't like Elon's politics. Maybe Ashok is his illegitimate father and he's upset for having been abandoned.

Look at the history of the original X poster, whatever his name was. Nothing bullet proof there--in fact I think there's some shady stuff in there.

Let me ask you this:

This.

I will say, I DO think that internally they could release something to employees only that would be considered a regression - in order to move on with something new, either changes to actual NN capability, UI/UX, situational changes, integration of code bases, something like that.

But then we have Mr. Two Weeks saying that it’s “somewhere between 5x and 10x better!”… which we all knew to be bunk

Could be anything. Stock manipulation was just one example of why someone might post BS on social media. Not saying that explains the poster. May I refer you to the last 15 years of Tesla history, in which BS was spewed daily? I lived through every day of it. Every smelly squishy BS turd.

Maybe Elon fired him and he's pissed. Maybe Elon slept with his mom. Maybe he doesn't like Elon's politics. Maybe Ashok is his illegitimate father and he's upset for having been abandoned.

Look at the history of the original X poster, whatever his name was. Nothing bullet proof there--in fact I think there's some shady stuff in there.
He absolutely hates Elon as he's stated in his history (says he loves FSD, though), but the 11.4.8 release notes appear that he absolutely has some sort of early access or knows someone that does.