Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would the guy fake it?

He already mentioned that 70% of his net worth is in tesla stock. He would have every incentive to make 12.4 look as good as possible. This looks legit to me.
Right. The screen shot, plus posting history make it seem actually legit.

Unless he's some hacker who was able to obtain release notes early and good with photoshop and is just pretending to be a Tesla employee for almost a year...but that seems unlikely.

He already mentioned that 70% of his net worth is in tesla stock. He would have every incentive to make 12.4 look as good as possible. This looks legit to me.
Well, I suppose if one claim is believed then it makes sense to believe all claims.

I was on Reddit for a couple of months when I first got my 2022 MSLR. The moderator bar is so low that almost anything goes. That seemed to promote a pretty seedy atmosphere. Now I only see reddit when it's posted on TMC. So far, nothing has changed on reddit.

Re. camera recalibration: After 2.5 years and 60K miles, I "cleared" the camera calibration some weeks back after getting the bright idea it might make a difference with my funky intersection. When it still said "calibrating" after 100+ miles I cleared it again, and again after that, and then after the 3rd try it did say "complete".

But I didn't try to engage FSD for a week or so after. When I finally tried a few days ago, it refused to engage, and eventually I saw the message about "98% complete" somewhere. And that's were it is stuck. I have a mobile service appt scheduled for June 19th.

In the meantime, any suggestions for ways to get it unstuck?

I tapped the pedal and the car began to turn into traffic until I stopped. My goal was to test to see if I could get closer to the stop line.
Is this consistent or this was one attempt? Maybe I'm using FSD differently from others, but I end up tapping the pedal probably on every drive. This includes cases with stop lines and yields such as a local residential intersections with foliage, fences, parked cars that 12.3.6 consistently approaches very cautiously.

Most of the time it continues with more urgency than without the tap, and I don't think I've needed to slam on the brakes because it wasn't already stopping for cross traffic. Sometimes it does decide it still needs to complete the stop, and I've actually needed to hold the accelerator to unblock the lane.

Anybody else tap on the accelerator to creep forwards or go faster?

Is this consistent or this was one attempt? Maybe I'm using FSD differently from others, but I end up tapping the pedal probably on every drive. This includes cases with stop lines and yields such as a local residential intersections with foliage, fences, parked cars that 12.3.6 consistently approaches very cautiously.

Most of the time it continues with more urgency than without the tap, and I don't think I've needed to slam on the brakes because it wasn't already stopping for cross traffic. Sometimes it does decide it still needs to complete the stop, and I've actually needed to hold the accelerator to unblock the lane.

Anybody else tap on the accelerator to creep forwards or go faster?
I haven't done it since, no.

Reactions: Mardak
Re. camera recalibration: After 2.5 years and 60K miles, I "cleared" the camera calibration some weeks back after getting the bright idea it might make a difference with my funky intersection. When it still said "calibrating" after 100+ miles I cleared it again, and again after that, and then after the 3rd try it did say "complete".

But I didn't try to engage FSD for a week or so after. When I finally tried a few days ago, it refused to engage, and eventually I saw the message about "98% complete" somewhere. And that's were it is stuck. I have a mobile service appt scheduled for June 19th.

In the meantime, any suggestions for ways to get it unstuck?
Recalibration complete message is only applied to TACC. You need to drive 10-15 miles more to actually complete calibration for FSD then stop the car to re-enable FSD. Tesla is not clear about this.

Well, I suppose if one claim is believed then it makes sense to believe all claims.

I was on Reddit for a couple of months when I first got my 2022 MSLR. The moderator bar is so low that almost anything goes. That seemed to promote a pretty seedy atmosphere. Now I only see reddit when it's posted on TMC. So far, nothing has changed on reddit.
Lunashi said he would post new videos. Does anyone see them?

Reactions: zoomer0056
The person claims to be an employee. They posted release notes screen shots before release for 11.4.8. Seems pretty legit.
So this guy says it's completely unusable.
The earlier guy posted, apparently with an identical software version, and people thought it looked identical to 12.3.

So one or both is likely lying.

Time to stop trusting the internet!

LOL why would you assume that "70% of his net worth is in tesla stock" is gospel? If that is a lie, then your question is irrelevant.

If someone says "I have a massive yacht because I am a billionaire", you are basically saying "well, he MUST have a yacht...after all, he's a billionaire!"

Recalibration complete message is only applied to TACC. You need to drive 10-15 miles more to actually complete calibration for FSD then stop the car to re-enable FSD. Tesla is not clear about this.
That ship sailed several days ago. A hundred+ miles more and multiple on/off cycles later, still not FSD-ing.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It is impossible to know (without info from Telsa), but I think that no testers have been added since Dec of 2023. If you look up your updates, you are not a tester if you have had multiple updates of FSD 11.4.4 . When that was released to the main branch, testers were on 11.4.8, and there is no going backwards.

Tester or no, updates will come when they come. Main branch gets feature updates which testers do not get, while testers get buggy FSD updates which the main branch does not. Every one in a while they merge, and confusion reigns. Unless one looks up their own update history...
When I sound the alarm ⏰️, that I am downloading 12.4
Then go burn your check.
Don't wait for @j0shm1lls .... you might get it for the holiday update.

Even I (who thinks most people use their turn signals, because laws and such and general decency and desire to not get in an accident) believe that every driver has failed to use their turn signal where required at least once in their driving career.
Agreed 👍, I did it this morning trying to cut Alan off.
His hypervigiliant driving skills saved his bacon.
Until next time.