Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the main branch people like V12.3.6 more than the test branch people. The main branch people rated 4.9/5 and the test branch 3.9/5. Is it because the test branch people are exposed to too many versions of FSD for too long and FSD improvements have reduced effect? It's like antibiotics cannot kill viruses 🦠 in the hospital?
Antibiotics cannot kill viruses *anywhere* 🤦

Try CA 23 from the 101 south of Thousand Oaks to the PCH sometime. I did that a few years back (no FSD) just for a change and WOW, that's an adventure....:eek:
You feel a little bit safer when the white edge line is there. But there is no white edge line on the Hudson Ranch Road. Imagine FSDS 12.3.6 taking those blind curves at the speed limit of 40 mph with "confidence", meanwhile I have no confidence that FSDS is reading the road conditions correctly. The center double yellow is not helping as FSDS is trying to center in lane with whatever it reads the right edge of dirt.

Reactions: Electroman
So the Tesla employee that said 12.4 was "unusable" has reversed that statement to say 12.4 is now "incredible" and the issue was because his camera magically became uncalibrated. Reddit is, well reddit...but I'll take this as glimmer of hope 12.4 isn't a complete dumpster fire. Guy got his 15 minutes of internet fame by being cited in many articles due to lack of 12.4 updates/news but glad it was confirmed to be all BS.

So the Tesla employee that said 12.4 was "unusable" has reversed that statement to say 12.4 is now "incredible" and the issue was because his camera magically became uncalibrated. Reddit is, well reddit...but I'll take this as glimmer of hope 12.4 isn't a complete dumpster fire. Guy got his 15 minutes of internet fame by being cited in many articles due to lack of 12.4 updates/news but glad it was confirmed to be all BS.

I've had multiple versions that needed camera recalibration as has Chuck. That's not crazy.

I've had multiple versions that needed camera recalibration as has Chuck. That's not crazy.
I'm not saying a camera recalibration is crazy, but rather the excuse was crazy. As an employee and early tester, one of the first troubleshooting steps should have been a recalibration before going on reddit and saying 12.4 was unusable.

He is not the first one to fool people about 12.4. There was another woman posted 12.4 video then later said 12.3.4 couple weeks ago.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm not saying a camera recalibration is crazy, but rather the excuse was crazy. As an employee and early tester, one of the first troubleshooting steps should have been a recalibration before going on reddit and saying 12.4 was unusable.
100%.... Any employee should shut their mouth until they have done all the steps we all know to do before thinking it's the software.
Then Elon should fire his Ass for the leak....

Or make him hang out for a week with Alan... which would be much more painful.

I believe this. If Tesla wasn’t so bull-headed about solving FSD for all roads and insteas dedicated the resources to developing L3/L4 highway capability i believe we'd be there by now.
I don’t! Haven’t we learned anything over the last five years? Yeah, at some point patterns will be broken and the problems solved, but I see no evidence of that in the near future. It’s just a darn near impossible problem. Companies actually offering product for sale cannot even get Traffic Jam Assistant to work properly without getting rear-ended!!! And that was announced years ago.

Some have never had to recalibrate. Some don't believe it fixes anything(absolutely does).

Of course, probably does - though unlikely related to calibration of course. It just requires recalibration, but does not require recalibration, if you get my meaning.

Just garbage software as usual.

My wife says she is glad I have an outlet for this negativity so she doesn’t have to listen to it or hear about sh**ty FSD all the time.

What a total disaster. And no end in sight.

We’ll still be here in a few years with horribly sad HW3/4 owners wondering why they have been abandoned and whether there will be a retrofit. 😂

Just glad I own plenty of NVDA. It’s good to be the main supplier. They just need to know when to pivot I guess. Also could be a house of cards, but the suckers buying ever more powerful hardware seem to be committed. At least there is probably some inherent value in more efficient compute.

But FSD V12 is dead. Stick a fork in it. Something is missing.

Or maybe he's trying to stay employed. :) Unless every Tesla employee's camera is uncalibrated, it doesn't answer why v12.4 has taken so long. And poorly calibrated cameras tends to disable FSD with a UI indicated error.

Anything coming from Tesla related to FSD ensures BS is alive and well.

I don’t! Haven’t we learned anything over the last five years? Yeah, at some point patterns will be broken and the problems solved, but I see no evidence of that in the near future. It’s just a darn near impossible problem. Companies actually offering product for sale cannot even get Traffic Jam Assistant to work properly without getting rear-ended!!! And that was announced years ago.

Of course, probably does - though unlikely related to calibration of course. It just requires recalibration, but does not require recalibration, if you get my meaning.

My wife says she is glad I have an outlet for this negativity so she doesn’t have to listen to it or hear about sh**ty FSD all the time.

We’ll still be here in a few years with horribly sad HW3/4 owners wondering why they have been abandoned and whether there will be a retrofit. 😂

Just glad I own plenty of NVDA. It’s good to be the main supplier. They just need to know when to pivot I guess. Also could be a house of cards, but the suckers buying ever more powerful hardware seem to be committed. At least there is probably some inherent value in more efficient compute.

Oh no - we're losing Alan! He's only a few more negative posts away from me replying with my form-letter "You should sell your Tesla and buy something that will make you happy" responses. 😉

kind of agree with the sentiment but maybe not the conclusion ;)
I've been there and have even sent the "get me off this crap" email to Tesla. They completely ignored me because they're crap at customer service too.
But the upside is that at least I get to try whatever test version they decide to throw out there. I can see the improvements but am getting pretty tired of the "what did they break this time" game. Not ready to throw in the towel because I'm mostly an optimist.

Maybe the pigeon CEO tweets about how great it is because he just doesn't see any issues now he's focussed on something else and 11.4.9 was already driving better than he could 🤷‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: edseloh

I used to be concerned when I read your posts, now I just chuckle.

I use FSD every day for every drive and FSD is works remarkably well for where I drive. The latter is critically important since I suspect it explains why there is so much variation from different owners. 95% of my disengagements are now only for edge cases which I'm hoping v12.4 and v12.5 address the majority of them. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edge Case Disengagements-
  • Detour signs. Especially during road construction. Had two yesterday.
  • Hand gestures (police/road crews)
  • Raised structures during road construction (very infrequently)
  • Bad potholes. One every couple of days now.
  • Lane selection. Not often anymore. Do get lane wobble but usually don't disengage.
  • Emergency vehicles. Need to pull over. Happened today.
Interventions
  • Auto speed fixed far more speed problems for me then it created. Probably because my drives are either on controlled access highways or single lane secondary roads with speed limits between 25-45mph. Almost never drive where the speed limit is 50mph or higher off the highway. I suspect most FSD users with speed problems have a much more complicated set of roads then I do. So I get why this is a significant problem Tesla needs to solve.
  • #1 problem is nudging FSD to move forward from an intersection.
  • Slowing down. I cannot remember the last time I had a problem. In talking with other FSD owners when I bring this up since Alan talks about it all the time not a single person lists this as a problem for them.
So I don't consider FSD is a total disaster at all. At least not for me 20 miles northwest of Boston.