Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No intervention for a year like the sound of that

I really doubt its THAT much of an improvement, but hopefully it is a very noticeable step in the right direction. FSD v12.3 was an amazing improvement, and even if 12.4 goes back for a bit (which has regularly happened along the FSD road of progress) as long as updates to 12.4 right the ship we'll still be looking good overall.

Its going to be incredibly interesting to see what kind of shape FSD is in by the end of this year. 😎

(quoting Musk) "We are starting to get to the point where, once known bugs are fixed..."
Speaking of fixing bugs, now that Telsa has done the work getting FSD 12.3.6 to play nice with the base code in 2024.14, perhaps they will now move the group I call "testers" (stuck on 2024.3.25) up to 2024.14.x. The longer they put off the merge, the harder it will be.

Clearly they really wanted to get the main branch onto FSD v12, probably because v12 is so much more likable than v11 was - the free month will create more purchases on V12. But that is almost complete, so merging the testers over soon might make sense. Or not.

And, speaking of the "testers", how many are there? After everyone was welcomed to try FSD (without needing to win the Safety Score Real Life Video Game) in May of '23 (FSD Bets 11.3.6), the testers alone continued to get further updates up to 11.4.7. NotaTeslaApp shows nearly 5,000 on that version, roughly the same number as TeslaFi show are now being held on 2024.3.25. Perhaps this means there were and still are roughly 5,000 testers.

I had hoped that the tester program was being closed out back when the branches were last merged with 2023.44.x. But that did not happen. I later realized that it does make sense for Tesla to continue to use a smaller group for quicker rollouts of the experimental versions, i.e. rapid iterations.

In any case, I expect V12.4.x will go to the tester group well before the main branch gets it. If I turn out to be right about this, GottaGo, unless you are still on 2024.3.25, you may be going slow for a bit longer.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Speaking of fixing bugs, now that Telsa has done the work getting FSD 12.3.6 to play nice with the base code in 2024.14, perhaps they will now move the group I call "testers" (stuck on 2024.3.25) up to 2024.14.x. The longer they put off the merge, the harder it will be.

Clearly they really wanted to get the main branch onto FSD v12, probably because v12 is so much more likable than v11 was - the free month will create more purchases on V12. But that is almost complete, so merging the testers over soon might make sense. Or not.

And, speaking of the "testers", how many are there? After everyone was welcomed to try FSD (without needing to win the Safety Score Real Life Video Game) in May of '23 (FSD Bets 11.3.6), the testers alone continued to get further updates up to 11.4.7. NotaTeslaApp shows nearly 5,000 on that version, roughly the same number as TeslaFi show are now being held on 2024.3.25. Perhaps this means there were and still are roughly 5,000 testers.

I had hoped that the tester program was being closed out back when the branches were last merged with 2023.44.x. But that did not happen. I later realized that it does make sense for Tesla to continue to use a smaller group for quicker rollouts of the experimental versions, i.e. rapid iterations.

In any case, I expect V12.4.x will go to the tester group well before the main branch gets it. If I turn out to be right about this, GottaGo, unless you are still on 2024.3.25, you may be going slow for a bit longer.
Agreed, anyone that hasn't been pushed to .14 branch and is still on 3.25 are considered the testers... they will be 1st to get 12.4. Probably in the same order rollout of the previous v12 releases.

We picked up my MY from getting the alignment done and my wife drove behind me on the way home. I had FSD on for part of the trip and drove my self for the rest. After getting home I asked my wife if she could tell when I was driving and when FSD was. She couldn’t.
All I can say is that Alan would be pissed at your driving.