Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are certainly extremely slow reactions possible from humans. We need to talk best case here. That is what matters.
No it isnt, it's average case that matter .. cause that's who drive .. average humans. I dont really care if you are superman and have X-ray vision .. other drivers are not. And that's why the car can beat out humans, as I've already noted .. it can choose from (literally) dozens of strategies in less then 1ms .. a human is unlikely to manage more than 2-3 in 100-200ms at best.

it can choose from (literally) dozens of strategies in less then 1ms
Evidence needed.

People make these weird claims and then all the real world evidence suggests no such ability exists.

If you have some magic source of information showing this awesome ability, please post it with a real-world example.

Is it possible? Sure, computers are fast. Is it happening? Zero evidence.

Anyway, this is totally off the topic of FSD v12 reaction time.

No it isnt, it's average case that matter .. cause that's who drive .. average humans
Can’t you see the flaw here? People say this a lot, but it has been explained why this does not work.

Last edited:
I've said it before I wish we had a detected IR eye tracker like Ford and GM (HELL and a detected rain sensor too🌧️). It is too much of a hit and miss game trying to get all the conditions PERFECT for Tesla's ad hock "Deep Eyes" system to MAYBE work SOME of the time. 🫣
This is my solution.

IMG_1187.jpeg

I just watched 20mins of Dirt3y Teslas 12.4.1 video. Between the BS “hands free” attention eyeball monitoring and the still broken auto speed control, I’m in no hurry for this junk. Auto speed worked ok for a little bit (57 in a 55, which is ok), then it hung at 51 in a 55 which is stupid, slowed to 46 at one point for no reason. Then it blew through a 25 at like 38. No thanks.

I have auto speed control off now on 12.3.6, which does help, but it’s still not perfect.

1-800-got-junk

I just watched 20mins of Dirt3y Teslas 12.4.1 video. Between the BS “hands free” attention eyeball monitoring and the still broken auto speed control, I’m in no hurry for this junk. Auto speed worked ok for a little bit (57 in a 55, which is ok), then it hung at 51 in a 55 which is stupid, slowed to 46 at one point for no reason. Then it blew through a 25 at like 38. No thanks.

I have auto speed control off now on 12.3.6, which does help, but it’s still not perfect.

1-800-got-junk
Where is @jebinc when you need him!

1-800-got-junk
Hey at least you can ASSO off and it stays off, unlike lane change.

Tesla already has and uses astronomic amounts of training data. I’m not sure what you think would require it to be more astronomic than it already is? Granted it doesn’t yet know how to read no-right-on-red signs, but it will still make such turns safely, if not legally. Also note that by similar standards, 95% of human drivers don’t know how to read stop signs.

As we know, AI Driver and Elon were referring to a stationary object in path. It's just projecting that object forward in time as FSD moves around it. Not much different than a projecting a previously tracked object forward in time when there's a lost radar return. Recall Elon didn't like that about radar. Go figure.

Nope. There's a reason intersections have no turn on red signs and it's usually all about safety.

Elon is merely typing letters onto a screen while sitting on the can, not providing some mystical insight

You can see the object appear and the path planner react to it, more likely the car just didn’t see it in the dark until the headlights were right up close to it or something

1717883727894.jpeg

Watch this spot in the video, I’d believe it remembered the object if it actually appeared on the screen beforehand and stayed there rather than the car reacting to the object seemingly as it was recognized nearer the bumper.

Sure, that was a little spastic.

They’ll just dial that down and ship it though. Just need to get back to missing turns and they’ll be fine.

This looks like fire. Guess I’ll have to take a close look at videos and see whether the 5x reduction is a lock.

Lol, ok. Do explain now that I am disqualified. I fail to see how it matters whether a slow reaction is due to hardware or software. We’re not talking about fixing it!
Lack of credibility!

I got some likes, but 2 other d bags are saying no big deal dude calm down...

Typical internet.

The real question is, did the Mrs. catch you sneaking out late to do the software check?
Wife with hands on hips. "You better not be sneaking out to check for updates!"
"No, honey, I swear. I was just going out to the bar and flirting with the waitress."
"Okay then."