Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah so did I and it was sloooooow as hell. But is was different today and more than once. I parked in 3 different spots to test and each one was so much faster and switched near instantly than it was doing just yesterday (Sunday). Maybe anecdotal..... but please try it today.
Another instance of surprising inconsistency masquerading as learning.

I learned a trick (from this forum) with Autopark: get the car into a position where it will definitely be able to do it without changing direction and then start it. That is, you do the heavy lifting. Sure, it partially negates the value of Autopark, but it's a little helpful.

If they really did halt the rollout in favor of a new version, and based on the feedback from those who tested it that showed regressions, I can’t help but wonder what this version can do that makes Elon call it “arguably version 13” because no one that has it seems to have anything to show that would suggest that.
It can still be version 13 and just not be as good as thought version 13 would be

Change your name before Feb 2027 and that beaver of yours is bacon
Don't worry, I won't. I already have a massive X following of like 16 people using the same name I use here. So I am not going to waste all that effort I put on X to be an influencer, which apparently I am now when you get those kinds of numbers. I bet if I really start shilling, I can get to 20 followers by August.

Edit: 17 Followers now, Thanks Alan

Last edited:
v11 must have had some hardcoding that didn't ask what went wrong when you were close to your destination and disengaged. Kinda stupid to ask what went wrong when you disengage in your driveway. 🤣
The main reason we really need 12.[456].* to drop is it may be the only thing able to defend us against 12 subsequent pages arguing whether or not FSD should respond to a disengagement within N feet of your destination...

Elon even agreed that 12.4 isn't ready to replace 11.3.6. So I'm not sure what the "arguably version 13" means other than hype.
Why are people surprised at this? Just about every main dot release has at least one or two point releases. It's a lot easier managing your expectations when you're expecting it especially when Elon already stated this would happen.

Arguably 95 percent of my disengagements is due to FSD arrival at destination.
Which is why once you enter your destination, FSD should display the destination and let you move the pin to where you want the car to park. For example what entrance at Lowes/Home Depot or your driveway instead of the street.

This functionality will need to be included in the Robotaxi moble app so hoping that feature get's pushed to regular FSD owners.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Is your car called "Nameless" or is that just an expression? Mine is "Ohm My"... wonder if @JHCCAZ can follow that one being a high ranking engineer and all....
He might be resistant to respond though.
The name of my car is BlunderBus.

I chose it affectionately, and to me it is meaningful on multiple levels.

Another instance of surprising inconsistency masquerading as learning.

I learned a trick (from this forum) with Autopark: get the car into a position where it will definitely be able to do it without changing direction and then start it. That is, you do the heavy lifting. Sure, it partially negates the value of Autopark, but it's a little helpful.
Even when I do that, sometimes the car will steer violently in the wrong direction and still need 2-3 moves to back in. o_O

Even when I do that, sometimes the car will steer violently in the wrong direction and still need 2-3 moves to back in. o_O

Is the surface you're parking on sloped? The times I've had Autopark fail to park in a reasonable amount of time have all been on hills.

It seems to roll a little bit while changing gear, and that can throw off the initial planned turn curve.

• Helpful
Reactions: joelliot
v11 must have had some hardcoding that didn't ask what went wrong when you were close to your destination and disengaged. Kinda stupid to ask what went wrong when you disengage in your driveway. 🤣
I think V11 started asking all the time and previous versions wouldn't when you were close to your destination. The only problem with that was if you had a disengagement at the end of your drive you couldn't report it. I just ignore the prompt now.

The main reason we really need 12.[456].* to drop is it may be the only thing able to defend us against 12 subsequent pages arguing whether or not FSD should respond to a disengagement within N feet of your destination...
no, the main reason is so we can drop the incessant banter about what fork/version people are on, what it means for update status and hypothesizing when will version 12.x drop!

Actually.. I find it a bit slow when parking in a lot. But where I really see the benefit is parallel parking on the street. It does a decent job and doesn't (a) bang the cars front and rear and (b) doesn't scrape the rims on the curb. And when it does find a parallel parking solution, it tends to get it on the first try.

Doesn't always succeed, mind you. And my old '71 VW Bug was easier to park than anything recent. But, still.

View attachment 1055314
All attention might be diverted to banning Apple devices and not FSd this week. I think Craig’s on stage demo highlighting the ford Mach e might have put him over the edge.
Yeah, as usual, Elon tweeted before he thought... From all I've seen he has no understanding of the functionality