Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good bullet-point review of 12.3 by AIDRIVR:

Full review reproduced below in quote:

Just drove 65 miles on FSD 12.3 to pick up a new editing computer

First impressions:
-the harsh braking for no reason on an open road has been reduced significantly. finally feels like the car can carry a consistent speed (most of the time)

-auto speed sometimes still doesn’t reach the speed limit and sits slightly under it, tapping the accelerator pedal a little bit usually makes it go ~5mph over the speed limit which I did a few times

-auto speed can be WILD, it was going 70mph in a 55 zone (Vasco) while people were passing me going 75-80 (no accel override)

-two perfect zipper merges in dense traffic, including one where it had to give up the right of way to an aggressive human asshole

-seems to take the “racing line” through corners even more than 12.2, especially when going fast through sweeping corners

-had two unprotected turns which felt less sketchy than before and handled them great, but need to do more testing to see how much it’s improved

-highway driving felt like there was less unnecessary lane changes, but still feels like V11 to me. there’s areas on the highway I really wished it was more like V12, because it currently still tries to center itself in the lane even with a barrier on the left which feels sketchy

-it did what I can only describe as a “shoulder peek” and moved towards the inner lane as I was sitting behind a large slow moving truck in traffic, and as soon as it saw the cars in front it went right back behind. no turn signal. sooo human like

-high fidelity park assist seems improved?? it didn’t ding at me for driving over the grass at my house for the first time ever and rendered the driveway with some overgrowth perfectly

-this was a zero disengagement drive, literally started it from my driveway and it drove all the way to the store and parked. pretty boring honestly, which is good for FSD but probably bad for my channel lol

TLDR: feels ready. I expect wide release soon

Getting recording equipment set up now, gonna do some drives around San Jose

It does sound like 12.3 is ready for wide release, except for auto-max speed. I typically wouldn't choose to drive 70 MPH in a 55 zone unless I was running late. But it sounds like it might have just been keeping up with his traffic going 75-80.

Why does Teslafi.com not reference the latest update 2023.44.30.25 with FSDb 12.3?
It has been deployed beyond employees to customers like AIDRIVR and Whole Mars whom both have 12.3 now…how is that different than when 12.2.1 and it’s listed on the site.

Hoping 12.3 goes wide this weekend… it would be like Christmas if Actual Smart Summon and Auto Park was included. Very excited to see progress!

Hoping 12.3 goes wide this weekend… it would be like Christmas if Actual Smart Summon and Auto Park was included. Very excited to see progress!
Probably pretty early to expect "wide" we haven't even seen the next step outside if California.

Judging by past releases, I'd say we still have a few more weeks until we start looking daily for a wide release.

Why does Teslafi.com not reference the latest update 2023.44.30.25 with FSDb 12.3?
It has been deployed beyond employees to customers like AIDRIVR and Whole Mars whom both have 12.3 now…how is that different than when 12.2.1 and it’s listed on the site.
Because no TeslaFi customer has that version yet. They only report versions that they see installed on the vehicles using the TeslaFi service. (There are TeslaFi customers with FSDb 12.2.1 on their vehicle.)

Probably pretty early to expect "wide" we haven't even seen the next step outside if California.

Judging by past releases, I'd say we still have a few more weeks until we start looking daily for a wide release.
If you haven’t been bumped to 2024.x I think there’s a good chance of at least some getting moved to v12 over the weekend. Tesla has no reason to stall deployment until a safety issue is discovered. This likely won’t happen until more cars have it anyways.

Good bullet-point review of 12.3 by AIDRIVR:

Full review reproduced below in quote:

It does sound like 12.3 is ready for wide release, except for auto-max speed. I typically wouldn't choose to drive 70 MPH in a 55 zone unless I was running late. But it sounds like it might have just been keeping up with his traffic going 75-80.
70 mph in 55 mph zone is a conservative take. People do 75-80 in 55 zone in California. People don't pay attention to speed limit change between 65 mph and 55 mph. Dropping limit from 65 to 55 only bothers me and my car and has no effect on the other cars. I have to manually increase the speed to keep with the flow.

Last edited:
70 mph in 55 mph zone is a conservative take. People do 75-80 in 55 zone in California. People don't pay attention to speed limit change between 65 mph and 55 mph.

Make sure you never drive through Virginia. 20 MPH over the speed limit, regardless of context, is charged as reckless driving. $2,500 fine, 6 points on your license, and in extreme cases, they can actually ban you from driving in the state.

Make sure you never drive through Virginia. 20 MPH over the speed limit, regardless of context, is charged as reckless driving. $2,500 fine, 6 points on your license, and in extreme cases, they can actually ban you from driving in the state.
Make sure you add 10-20 to speed limit when you come to California. Otherwise you may get rear ended or your car window glass will be burned with angry eyes. :)

So apparently I've been driving V12.2.1 for a while and hadn't even realized it (I assumed the last update to 2023.44.30.20 was a minor bug fix, not the update we'd all been waiting for for ages!)

It's been really good so far! There's one intersection it routinely messes up, trying to go into a parking lot that's just before a freeway on ramp, but aside from that it's been incredibly good! It handled a construction zone where we were required to slow down, cross the yellow line and drive on the other side of the road for a while, then transfer back, flawlessly! No complaints or warnings, just doing the right thing! That's what motivated me to check what version I was running, as it seemed unlikely that that precise situation would've been hardcoded in the V11 stack. Going on a road trip in a few weeks, and super excited to keep testing it!

Or just pay a lawyer $200 and they change it to faulty equipment (despite having no evidence of that) with no points.

Far as I can tell VA cares vastly more about revenue than safety as far as traffic enforcement.