Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to take some time to get used to this. I've got so many miles on V11 and knew all it's quirks. This is a whole new game. At least it seemed to be fairly consistent on multiple test runs against the same scenario.

Another advantage to me never using FSDb. Each major update we'd check on city streets (often not disengaging after coming off a divided highway) and after the first, simple, need to intervene, we'd set that version aside. So nothing for us to unlearn.

Once 12.3+x starts to roll out in Canada we'll have a serious discussion about updating to 11.4.9 since nothing prior to that is being offered 12.3+x in the US.

(I had forgotten I had the version where the glove box could be opened with the left scroll wheel - but my 3 year old, while using the car as a party sensory overload recovery chamber, taking a turn at the wheel, while parked, demonstrated it to me. BTW, this is the number one safety reason for having pin to drive, although he can't shift into drive because he can't reach the brake pedal, nor can he read the message on the screen. My other two short-but-older grands would likely work as a team to overcome that safety feature.)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Just got it on 2 cars. Guess it is going wide.
Going wide.......next joke :)
When FSD is rolled out to the Northeast states than FSD will actually be going wide. Does help to validate my experience that FSD struggles mightily with our unusual intersections and roads.
Good example below. To take a left onto Boston Road from Lexington road you get dumped into a "combined" intersection with cars from Glad Valley Drive. Once you merge into traffic and figure out where to position your can then you have to take an UPL with cars coming around a corner. I mean who designs an intersection where 2 roads get dumped together in a free for all. I've seen some ridiculous situations. Great fun. FSD F11 has absolutely no idea what to do. Hopefully V12 will pull off a miracle.

Billerica Veterinary Hospital · 31 Lexington Rd, Billerica, MA 01821

Attachments

• Billerica Screen Shot.png
    Billerica Screen Shot.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Another advantage to me never using FSDb. Each major update we'd check on city streets (often not disengaging after coming off a divided highway) and after the first, simple, need to intervene, we'd set that version aside. So nothing for us to unlearn.
Um. “.. never using FSDb.” Yet, here you are spewing vitriolic comments about how terrible FSD is and generally implying that people should stay away from it. In a discussion thread dedicated to those who are actually using it and reporting their findings to the crowd.

There are those here who see the glass as empty; those here who see the glass as full; but in all cases the posters on both sides of the fence appear to be reporting based, generally, on actual experience. Bar some thumb-twiddling and beer bets while waiting for the next point release.

And then there’s your generally negative posts based on zero personal experience.

I kind of get it; you regret, I think, plopping down cold, hard cash for FSDb, which is certainly not at present a finished product. But why inflict that angst on us? We’re busy.

Started with auto set speed on - it doesn't work, unless you like to drive around really slowly. As mentioned, it will speed up if you press the accelerator and sort of stick there, but then over time it will decay back down to some ridiculously slow speed.
Halfway through I switched back to old speed method (I like to set 10% over or so). They broke this too. It doesn't get up to the set speed. You can push the accelerator there too and it sort of works for a while then is broken again.
Mostly speed setting is totally broken, though. Had to think about it, which is not what we want.
I have experimented and concluded that the auto speed setting is irrelevant to this speed stuttering and slow driving.

In reviewing the TeslaFi details for subscriber cars that have received 2023.44.30.25/FSDb12.3 I though I noticed in addition to the initial California bias and the current "SunBelt" bias that there may be a higher mileage bias.

Speaking as the owner of two Teslas over a year old with FSDb purchased but less than 12,000 miles on the odometer, I 'm struck that only four TeslaFi subscribers with less than 12,000 kilometers on the odometer have received this update, out of 432 currently installed.

I wonder if they are preferring not just odometer miles but actual miles driven under FSDb?

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Can someone explain this:

On the old system of hard-coded instructions, if something isn't working, say the car is driving too slowly, it can be fixed by changing some programming.

With this new neural net system, where the car is basing its behavior on examples of others driving is similar situations, how does one fix a problem like driving too slowly?

Took FSD 12.3 for a short test drive just after midnight. It was a huge step up. It failed to see one stop sign, but did perfect on a small roundabout, it always, unnecessarily stopped for.
On left turns with curbed medians…..man it gets really close to the curb, but no issues. Makes me hold my breath.
There is no reason the FSD needs to get so close. I will use the repeater camera to record some video of how close today.
One YouTuber went over a curb, but it looked like the vehicle on her right may have pinched the car over to the left.
Luckily no damage.
Has anyone else on 12.3 hard any problems hitting curbs?

In reviewing the TeslaFi details for subscriber cars that have received 2023.44.30.25/FSDb12.3 I though I noticed in addition to the initial California bias and the current "SunBelt" bias that there may be a higher mileage bias.

Speaking as the owner of two Teslas over a year old with FSDb purchased but less than 12,000 miles on the odometer, I 'm struck that only four TeslaFi subscribers with less than 12,000 kilometers on the odometer have received this update, out of 432 currently installed.

I wonder if they are preferring not just odometer miles but actual miles driven under FSDb?

An anecdote for you: I got 12.3 yesterday and I have just under 14,000 miles. I did a 4,400 mile road trip on FSD a year ago.

Have 11k miles on my current Model Y since last August. 95% using FSD. Why not 100%? That's easy.
Thats when my spouse is with me on city/street drives and not a chance I'll use FSD unless it is on the highway with her. :)
Of course the reason I don't have V12 yet is I live in the Northeast. (Massachusetts). But maybe when they do release FSD here I'll get it early.

It's funny, no matter how good V12 gets, I want more and more. I want it to pull out of my driveway, out of parking spots, everything! I want to get in my car and turn it on and not have to touch anything.

But first, if it can gracefully deal with road closures, that would be amazing and make my experience so much better.
I'd settle for it being able to just drive me (yes, drive me) for a half-hour back roads jaunt without my having to be on shpilkes the entire time. My good friend in Cupertino just got it, so Boston can't be TOO far behind....

@powertoold it was really smooth. In my area the auto-speed did a great job. When cars got right behind me, riding my bumper, it sped up. I was doing 52 in a 45 and the spacing increased.

The UPL was really the only issue. I have one stop sign that's angled wrong that can be seen from a stop light. V10/V11 would ignore the light and obey the stop sign. V12 handled it perfectly.

Last edited: