Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still high on v12 but did have a BAD fail. Was on 14th street headed east and supposed to go straight across Peachtree St. but was incorrectly in the left turn lane. It even had 2 cars in front of it and both of course turned. It tried to go straight across, which is not really possible because the traffic going straight was backed up and there is a traffic island blocking. So had to disengage. Odd that I thought that NHTSA made Tesla honor wrong turns when in the turn lane. Even so there was no where to go except to turn.turned

Continuing straight from a turn lane was a part of the NHTSA recall. But if I remember correctly, the safety issue they wanted addressed was FSD Beta not adequately accounting for the traffic in the through lane (not putting on a signal and merging safely back into through traffic).

So Tesla didn't need to eliminate all cases of attempting to continue straight from a turn lane in order to meet the requirements of the recall. They just had to handle those cases better than not handling them.

I’m curious to see how it behaves when extended to highways. For me one of the biggest limitations of V11 is the inability to plan exits.
I'm undecided here. I'm seeing instances where 12.3 makes much better lane decisions (even on highway - so I'm assuming some of this filtered into the other stack which seems to agree with other posts). I'm also seeing some changes that happen really late still. Overall still an improvement but not perfect. I saw some highway lane changes to 'follow route' over a mile in advance which I've never seen before but greatly appreciate.

The speed hunting is definitely a thing, but hasn't been too bad for me so far.

How big is this update? I noticed my car was awake, but charging had finished hours ago. I then checked my router and can see my car has downloaded over 360 MB in the last hour, and it's still going. When I hit the software screen in my car, it says "up to date"

IMG_1111.jpeg

New wave

Massive wave! 600 pending on TeslaFi
1710882963094.png
(Eastern Time)

Both appear to be around 1645 EST

@Mardak check out this time correlation.

Yesterdays and todays deployment time is coincident.

I'd throw a hypothesis that the release timelines are currently around

16:00 - 17:00 EST (13:00 - 1400 PST)

&

01:00 - 02:00 EST (22:00 - 23:00 PST)

Regardless of pending values?

Last edited: