Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible???? It is factual. First 12.3.1 must go to many employees for testing, then a small rollout to initial testers and then start rolling to "average Joes". We are still likely a couple of weeks (or more) before we see many people here with it.
Yes I know that, I mean that typically we don't see rollouts continue when the successor point update is announced, there's usually a pause. They paused midway through this past week but since then decided to keep on rolling out 12.3

I suspect you are simply seeing the commonly reported problem of the car driving slower than the max speed you've set. That is, it may have nothing to do with the speed limit.
That sounds right. Is it affecting everyone on v12 and is there any info on whether this is a bug or the new intended behavior? I find it unlikely that it's intentional, but no more unlikely than such a noticeable issue getting into a public release.

It’s a side affect of an AI based speed control system.

V11 logic was go exactly the target speed (unless something exceptional happens)

V12 logic is AI predicts the correct speed based on, well, anything and everything.

(It won’t exceed your target if you have one set but otherwise the target is irrelevant)

It’s a feature and a bug. It’s wildly better in some situation's, btw, but goes too slow at times.

I started asking for V12 in my takeover feedback like some others here.

I can see the data being uploaded, so I know they're getting my thoughts and prayers.
1711234495310.png

It’s a side affect of an AI based speed control system.

V11 logic was go exactly the target speed (unless something exceptional happens)

V12 logic is AI predicts the correct speed based on, well, anything and everything.

(It won’t exceed your target if you have one set but otherwise the target is irrelevant)

It’s a feature and a bug. It’s wildly better in some situation's, btw, but goes too slow at times.
I hope they can find a more meaningful way to incorporate the user's desired speed setting because I can see this becoming a real hindrance to the driving experience after some time.

Another wave going out - skipped me again.
Are you on 2023.44.30.8? Teslascope shows this latest wave is mostly coming from that, so I suspect mostly HW4 vehicles? In terms of rollout size, looking at TeslaFi numbers, this might be a 100% rollout for all HW4 vehicles that haven't gotten 12.x yet? Total pending/installed is ~2550 so officially over 50% rollout (of those in US on 2023.44.30.{8,14,25}).

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Are you on 2023.44.30.8? Teslascope shows this latest wave is mostly coming from that, so I suspect mostly HW4 vehicles? In terms of rollout size, looking at TeslaFi numbers, this might be a 100% rollout for all HW4 vehicles that haven't gotten 12.x yet? Total pending/installed is ~2550 so officially over 50% rollout (of those is US on 2023.44.30.{8,14,25}).
I'm on 2023.44.30.14, HW3.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
12.3 ALMOST got the wife approval, but not quite. I always turn off a highway into our neighborhood just before arriving home. It's often been a problem with earlier versions. The car would be too fast, too slow, angled wrong, waffle back and forth etc. Now with 12.3 the car can make the turn perfectly -- sometimes. But other times it barrels straight towards the curb then jerks left at the last minute to avoid hitting it. After a fairly long drive my wife was reluctantly beginning to soften, but then, just before we got home, the car did this curb thing and her response was, "See? It will never be fixed. Never!"

• Funny
Reactions: primedive