Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things that need to be fixed:
  • Stopping for yellow lights when it should continue.
I've consistently experienced that hesitates if the light turns yellow as it's approaching or crossing the light. On a couple of occasions it abruptly braked on yellow before deciding to proceed. On another occasion it came to a harsh stop mid intersection and alternated between stop and go before I pushed it through with the accelerator, so that was pretty bad. v11 managed yellow lights a lot better. Maybe there's too much training data of drivers getting indecisive at yellows lol.

Odd they pushed only the USS enabled vehicles to .14

1711226565081.png

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
It is absolutely too early in the case you stated but in general it is signaling at around the right time for turns without intervening turns.
It is too early in just about every case. I measured two examples of a right turn on Google maps, one was at ~490 feet, the other at ~1,660 feet. (The crossing intersection one was only ~120 feet, so fine by distance but not context.)

I think 200-300 feet is more appropriate. V11 was really close to the 100 feet requirement in most jurisdictions.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
That’s only because you have the first iteration of the HW4 chip that has all the defective transistors. It’s fine, I think every once in awhile your processor will do a little bit of math wrong.

It will probably be ok.
First I've heard of that. Is there somewhere I can read more about it? My Model Y was manufactured December of 2023 so does it affect all Modely Ys at this point?

It no longer seems to respect the max speed setting. Mind you I have the new auto-offset feature turned off. Say I have the max set to 60 MPH and the speed limit it 50 MPH, it will not reach 60. It seems to hover around the speed limit, as if it's using the auto-offset feature regardless of what setting you choose.
I suspect you are simply seeing the commonly reported problem of the car driving slower than the max speed you've set. That is, it may have nothing to do with the speed limit.

Reactions: cyborgLIS
It is not distance.
Huh? https://www.oregon.gov/odot/Forms/DMV/37.pdf

1711231019778.png

Edit: I see you edited your post:

1600 feet probably excessive at any reasonable speed though probably fine on the freeway sometimes. Haven’t seen that ever.
Both the examples where when travelling at about 35 MPH.

Huge improvement over v11, plenty more needed as I have said.
Nope, not at all. I would take the V11 behavior any day.