Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe your vehicle in service will get priority updates to 12.3.1 in the near-term given the direction from the top: "And please do the same when cars are returned from service. This is very important." Practically software deployment team will probably be prioritized to get this out to all vehicles without additional complications for the service team.

Looks like close-to-12.x behaviors/processes will be improved like camera calibration. Definitely will be interesting what else comes out from this current scrambling, but overall hopefully all this excitement about end-to-end improvements over 11.x will mean a faster rate of progress.

Brb going to open a service ticket.

Btw I’m pretty sure the email is a joke and not real.

I expect that 12.3.1 is coming to 2024.x very soon. Obviously, the delivery staff cannot demo 12.3.1 if it's not available on the car.
What if it needs calibration, ~20 miles, after service before you can enable FSDb? And how do they demo it for someone that hasn't bought/subscribed to it? (Do you get a 30 day trial after every service visit?)

I think it is most likely that they take you for a spin in an on-hand demo/loaner that has FSDb V12.x installed and active.

What if it needs calibration, ~20 miles, after service before you can enable FSDb? And how do they demo it for someone that hasn't bought/subscribed to it? (Do you get a 30 day trial after every service visit?)

I think it is most likely that they take you for a spin in an on-hand demo/loaner that has FSDb V12.x installed and active.
That would make more sense.

And this is nitpicky but V12 stops way too far behind the line a stop lights which risks not trigger the weight sensor at some intersections.
Not nitpicky.

This is a problem that some here claim to not notice in their use case, which makes me very worried!

Could explain why this, below, somehow keeps happening! Always be disengaging, the moment it does something even slightly wrong (especially the wrong line)!!! Got very lucky on my first trip to work with FSD with no disengagements (traffic conditions were perfect, meaning minimal). Since then I have 3-5 disengagements per trip. Nothing has changed. Just got lucky. Still better than v11.

But to be clear, not better at avoiding curbing. It is way way worse at that; likes to cut corners dangerously close. (Seems to have little to do with whether it is SEXY). Follow the link to see the exact corner shape.

I’ve noticed a very annoying tendency for FSD to seemingly follow what the person in front is doing when they slow down! Should just look at the big picture. But it doesn’t. Slow down for the person in front, but slow down for the big picture as well. Many people are very bad at driving so it is best not to copy them or train the model on their behavior.

What an awful idea. People just want to get out of there, not experience horrible buggy software that they aren’t going to buy. Not having to spend time at Tesla is one of their key advantages/innovations, if you use all the options to avoid that. I assume this is something that will be just optional and easily refused.

With a free trial (moderator edit), Elon is really pushing things for EOQ. With that, this strategy of forcing a test drive makes even less sense. I guess maybe he saw reason and changed his tune. Why on earth would they spend valuable employee time showing people v12?

The guy is high on his own supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: edseloh and Ramphex
Last edited by a moderator:
Not nitpicky.

This is a problem that some here claim to not notice in their use case, which makes me very worried!

Could explain why this, below, somehow keeps happening! Always be disengaging, the moment it does something even slightly wrong (especially the wrong line)!!!.....
Scary since it took until almost 10.69 before I fully trusted my wheels to FSD. Now I have to regress. :oops:

Today's FSD 12.3 feedback:

35 miles of driving with one intervention. There are 3 lanes on the city road. the rightmost lane is a right lane to exit to the GWBush Turnpike but the lane is demarcated by a solid white line. FSD 11.4.9 never could figure out, and neither did V12.3. I had to change lanes manually to get onto the highway.

IMG_8748.jpeg

Last edited:
I expect that 12.3.1 is coming to 2024.x very soon. Obviously, the delivery staff cannot demo 12.3.1 if it's not available on the car.

I noticed that 12.3.1 was driving faster on Auto Max Speed than 12.3. That was nice. And, it seems to do a better job centering the car in the lane.

I also had the car slow down for a school zone! There were flashing lights and a 20 mph school zone sign. The car dutifully slowed and maintained 20-21 mph through the zone. Sadly, I went to another school and the car did not honor the school zone so had to disengage. Maybe the first time was fluke.
Is the school zone sign posted on the street?

Everyone that thinks the emails are real... I have a bridge in New York to sell you.
So are you admitting you created a fake email because you believe the original screenshots about V12.3.1 are fake? The original one is not that surprising coming from Elon Musk as even if the actual implementation of it is impractical, he still conveys his intent. Do you think "confirmed by Business Insider" is fake too? What about if Teslascope posts a message confirming the communication as well as explanation of various potential concerns and roadblocks like factory builds?

If you really did make a fake email, I would suggest deleting it.

So are you admitting you created a fake email because you believe the original screenshots about V12.3.1 are fake? The original one is not that surprising coming from Elon Musk as even if the actual implementation of it is impractical, he still conveys his intent. Do you think "confirmed by Business Insider" is fake too? What about if Teslascope posts a message confirming the communication as well as explanation of various potential roadblocks?

If you really did make a fake email, I would suggest deleting it.
No one at Tesla confirmed it.

Not arguing its false, but Business Insider said that Tesla did not immediately respond.